Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yep tip of the hat to pds for having his poop in a group

well done sir.

am hoping it ends up being nothing other than a life lesson to your son.

congrats on being a good dad, with a cool head and a plan.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sounds like you have ALL bases covered. A few years ago, my stepson was being bullied at school, to the point he was thinking suicide.

About a year later, there were laws passed in KS that targeted Bullies. I tried doing a search to see if there was anything there to help in your case, but I am sure if you have contacted all those agencies, you will know soon if there are laws in your state.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pds you done goood.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
PDS,your to be complimented.You handled it better than i would have,i like your style. Lightman

lightman
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I had problems with the schools here with both my kids (boy and girl) when they were growing up. Not from being bullied but from fighting back when someone attempted to bully them and getting in trouble with the school authorities. They both did exactly what I had taught them to do. My son grew up in a small neighborhood about 12 other wild boys. They were always fighting so I taught him how to take care of himself. When he was in the 5th grade he got jumped by 2 boys in the restroom. He got the best of both of them and one kid ran to get the janitor while my son was still whipping on the other boy. The janitor took my son to the principal's office. Both the boys who jumped my son told the pricipal that my son had attacked them (the principal and both boys were minorities). My son got a 2 week in school suspension. This meant he would have to sit by himself in a room by the principals office for 2 weeks. I called the pricncipal the next day and told him I was coming to see him after school. I met with him and asked him what kind of punishment the other 2 boys got. He said they didn't get any punishment because my son attacked them. I asked him if he really believed my son was stupid enough to attack 2 boys at once when he was all alone in the restroom with them. He told me that's what the 2 boys said had happened and he believed them. I got a little upset to put it mildly. I stood up and told him that my son had better be back in his regular classroom the next day that I'd be back and he probably wouldn't like what was going to happen. My son was back in his class the next day. The best bullying story I ever heard was from some friends whose son was having his lunch money stolen by a big bully. My friends complained to the school and they were told there was nothing they could do about it. My friends found out who the bully's father was and talked to him. The father didn't think it was a big deal that his son was stealing money from the other kids. My friends hired a professional to go talk to the kid's father. When the kid's father told him to mind his own business the hired help beat the crap out of the guy and told him that any time his son stole money from any kid in school he'd be back to do it again. The stealing stopped immediately.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
First off, the school has an obligation to keep that woman away from your son. How she got into the position to be in the school and threaten him is something I would like to know.

You have taken the right steps by notifying the school that she was trying to threaten and intimidate you son on their watch and by your notifying the police. Now you have a paper trail. If anything else happens, you have her in a very damaging position.

Stay in touch with school officials and see what followup has been taken. If they don't protect your son, they are a position to be held liable.

This is good advice. I'd suggest finding a well-respected local attorney (not an ambulance chaser) to write a quiet letter to the District Superintendent, marked "Personal and Confidential." No threats, just simply: along the lines of "this is important, this needs to be dealt with, the school staff need support on this, and the District needs to take any and all available steps to protect [your son]." Have the lawyer say that the Superintendent can contact you directly, without needing to go through the lawyer.

That will get attention.

Murphy was an optimist.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You handled it much better than I did when my son was in 3rd grade. He was a very smallish, skinny kid, and was being picked on by a bigger 4th grader most everyday at recess. He told me about it, and I told him there were a couple of ways to handle it. One, ignore it. Two, get the biggest stick, rock, etc that he could and beat the every lovin' hell out of the kid. I told him he'd probably be in trouble for fighting, and that I'd be right up there defending him as long as he didn't start it. Well, he picked the second option, and I was up there front and center with the kids parents and principle. I had my son bring along some witnesses as to what had transpired, so that helped. I proceeded to tell the kid's dad that I encouraged my son to do what he did, and that I'd be happy to whip his ass right there in front of everybody. He chose to go home and forget about it. The principle laughed every time he saw me for a long while after that. I would probably handle that differently, more like you did, today, however. As I said you handled it much better than I.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If a adult threatens my child,they better expect there life is at risk..We don't play that bs around here.

1 and done
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread was started almost a year ago. 11/3/09

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
This thread was started almost a year ago. 11/3/09

Yeah JM, I was kind of wondering how this one got resurected.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
my wife teaches special ed, and she had a student who "attacked" her (hit her, bit her, punched her) a couple times. when i found out (she showed me the teeth imprint on her arm), i first called the state dept of ed and talked to their lawyer to find out what the rules were for kids assaulting (their word) a teacher. once i was informed, i called a meeting with the supt., the principal, and the special ed supervisor. i told them if that kids touched my wife again, i'd file suit against each of them individually, and the district. to this day that kids is kept well clear of my wife. were i in you shoes, i do some legal research, then call a meeting and make it very clear what legal action (including interviews to the local newspapers) i'd take if problems persisted. ymmv.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my wife would beat the chit out of her with out hesitation

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Man, you handled this a well as possible. I know you came here asking advice as to how to handle the situation, but you should be the one giving advice.

You have shown an incredible amount of restraint. I wouldn't have had the chance to address the lady because my kid's grandmother (my mom - Bigmomma) would have already dealt with this and nobody would have known. whistle

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (22250rem, 240NMC, 160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,937 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,320
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.