-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
I would like any information or opinions on this bow. I am no hunter and probably should have check with some that are first but I bought one for my youngest (age 20) son. He wants to deer hunt. It has been stripped down to just the bow, no extras, 65 pound draw. Also, I am no bow person so if you could use plain simple English I would appreciate it.

Thank you!
Terri
(Richard's Mom)

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How do you go wrong with a PSE bow? I pretty sure they were the inventors of the compound bow, I recall the big court fight they won over that issue in the 1970's.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can you provide more info on this bow?

I can't find anything on any the big internet bow sites about a PSE "Sizzler"........

C
OP Offline
C
I really don't know anything about the bow. The guy I got it from said it was his son's and his son is dead. I didn't want to pry into such an area. As I understand it was made in the '70s or '80s. I can send a pic if you want. All it says on it is PSE Sizzler. I looked on the net for information on it also and could locate nothing. I found it mentioned on here by a member (mtmisfit, Campfire Regular)that has one that he uses for bow fishing but that is the only reference I have been able to locate. I sent him a message but have not gotten a reply yet.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
Terri
(Richard's Mom)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why not talk to PSE?

Precision Shooting Equipment, Inc.
2727 N. Fairview Ave.
Tucson, Arizona 85705
Phone: 520-884-9065
Fax: 520-884-1479

IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
If it's that old I'd have it checked over really well before shooting it. Limbs will delaminate and let go, which can be ugly for the shooter. Probably has steel cables as well, so most likely they're stretched. A good bow tech should be able to tell you if it's shootable and put it back in tune for you. If not, a decent modern compound can be had pretty cheap on some of the classifieds. Check out www.archerytalk.com for more info than you can want, and a great classified section.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xxclaro
If it's that old I'd have it checked over really well before shooting it. Limbs will delaminate and let go, which can be ugly for the shooter. Probably has steel cables as well, so most likely they're stretched. A good bow tech should be able to tell you if it's shootable and put it back in tune for you. If not, a decent modern compound can be had pretty cheap on some of the classifieds. Check out www.archerytalk.com for more info than you can want, and a great classified section.

Excellent advice......

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you all for your advice and information. You have all been very helpful to me. I will take the bow in and have it check before giving it to my son. Also I did get a reply from a gentleman I had written to on the forum who has a Sizzler and also got some information from him on this kind of bow. He is still using his and also told me how to set it up for my son.

You gentlemen are all a wealth of knowledge and I thank you for taking your time to share it with me.

Terri
(Richard's Mom)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 32 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,804
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.