Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
carlm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
They call it UPS Basic. What they do is, charge you the UPS rate, UPS ships your package to your local Post Office who delivers it. Great idea huh? Charge double the "if it fits it ships rate" then ship it the cheaper way. Of course, this is done to save you and I money.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hadn't noticed that till you mentioned it. Ordered few items last minute before leaving for wisconsin, to arrive UPS. They didn't make it to the doorstep and i left without them, oh well. Come to find out on returning - package was sitting in the mailbox all the while, with the mail i forgot to pickup before leaving town. Shipped USPS.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not only that, but with the UPS Basic service, you can't track your package.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"And thats the way it is."

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Even worse when you have a PO box and you give them your physical address for shipping, the post office won't deliver it because they have no record of that address and no mailbox to drop it in if they did.

Last edited by heavywalker; 12/01/09.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had something shipped to me by DSL, who doesn't come here. It went to the USPS the same way. It took it's sweet time getting here, for sure, and there was no way to track it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am on the hold at Midway right now. The rep I talked to said that they know that they have a problem with UPS basic where people with a PO box will not get there package. But that the managment says it is a small percentage so they dont worry about it to much.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Here's another one: Asked for UPS and it was shipped UPS, check. Even got the tracking number. After 10 days checked on the tracking number. UPS has it that it was delivered and signed for six days previous to shipping address. But, no package. They, UPS suggests i call post office. Yup, seems it was delivered to post office for further delivery to my house six days previous. Postmaster says that they gave it to another jobber/vendor for delivery that same day. called jobber, yup, they have it and ask when can I pick it up. Huh? After another 30 minutes on the phone with them I convinced them it was in their best interest to deliver to my home.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
There are other options besides MidwayUSA, "And that't the way it is."

Graf & Sons (they have one shipping rate with no minimum order amount)
Brownells
Natchez Shooters Supplies
MidSouth
Cabela's

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." Mark Twain
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
"The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." Mark Twain
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Its a good service option for them, it saves them probably $4 per package because it gets rid of the residential surcharge. It doesn't work the same way as the if it fits it ships because UPS is picking up the package and in a way subcontracting it to the USPS.

The reason its good for the customer is because they get full UPS tracking, they can have delivery to PO boxes and delivery on saturday for no extra fee.

We toyed around with the Fed Ex version for our e-commerece site, we would have used it for our free shipping option but we had trouble getting it to interface with our software,. Its not a scam and I doubt Midway is raking in cash with it, they still have to pay people to pack the orders and pay for the shipping supplies hence where handling fees come from.

Midway has bad customer service IMO. I placed an order online and forgot to add an item, called them right after I placed the order to see if they could add the other item and i was told no I would have to place another order and pay the shipping (item was $5 shipping was $9) That is such BS! I oversee a warehouse and call center and a fullfilment site, I can't believe they can't add an item to an order or wouldn't ship it for free..

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just had them mail it to me....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by RyanTX

According the their website you can.

He went over yonder way
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Don't they give you several shipping options at Midway USA, when you check out?

I ordered stuff, and had it shipped via a flat rate box for $11. Not too bad, if you ask me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Midway has bad customer service IMO. I placed an order online and forgot to add an item, called them right after I placed the order to see if they could add the other item and i was told no I would have to place another order and pay the shipping (item was $5 shipping was $9) That is such BS!

Happen to ask if they could cancel the entire order?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They ship the same day, so adding an order probably would screw them up.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Heeler

According to whose website?

I've had 3 packages shipped to me in the past couple of weeks, all of them were sent UPS Basic, and were from 3 different vendors. In each case, when you entered the tracking number on the UPS website, it would only show you that it was picked up and that it was on route. No expected delivery date was given for any of the packages, neither was a "location by location" tracking of the package as it was in route.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Heeler

According to whose website?

I've had 3 packages shipped to me in the past couple of weeks, all of them were sent UPS Basic, and were from 3 different vendors. In each case, when you entered the tracking number on the UPS website, it would only show you that it was picked up and that it was on route. No expected delivery date was given for any of the packages, neither was a "location by location" tracking of the package as it was in route.

I copied this exactly from Midway USA's website:

"UPS Basic -
Dependable, economical ground service with final delivery made by UPS or USPS. Delivery is typically one day longer than UPS Ground with full tracking capability to final delivery. UPS Basic is available to residential addresses in the lower 48 States."

I just ordered some stuff from Midway last month and pretty sure it came UPS Basic and I could track per relay station and expected delivery date.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I have no problems with Midway USA's shipping.

Sam......

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You can track your item but only until they deliver it to the post office. after that it gets there when it gets there.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
Don't they give you several shipping options at Midway USA, when you check out?

Exactly. If they offer an option that is cheaper, use it. Choose the one that is most advantageous, and order your stuff. It's not rocket science to figure out the best bottom line....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
612 members (219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.