CLICK HERE for $70 INSTANT SAVINGS on Eligible NIKON MONARCH 5 BINOCULARS!

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 62 63 >
Topic Options
#3556914 - 12/10/09 Wyoming, Colorado , Montana or ANY Campfire Members...get together ideas?
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: North of Liberalism in Wyoming
Or anyone else that wants to participate. What do you think about having a get together for perhaps a lunch sometime this spring? Or ideas?

Keith

RV 728 BP
#3556931 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: eh76]
JacquesLaRami Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Wyoming
Sounds like a good idea.

#3556949 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: JacquesLaRami]
K_Salonek Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Base of the Rockies, Colorado
Good idea!

A cookout would be fun.

Maybe someplace with a range?

What would be the 'center' I am just west of the Denver area.

#3556957 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: K_Salonek]
pumpgun Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: Parker, Co
sounds interesting. tom

#3556958 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: K_Salonek]
JacquesLaRami Offline
Campfire Guide

There might be a few guys on this end of Nebraska and South Dakota that may be interested as well?

#3556963 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: eh76]
derby_dude Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Montana, Lewis and Clark Count...
Sounds interesting but depends for me on what I'm doing.

I wonder where the center of the three states would be?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

#3556973 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: pumpgun]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

All ideas and places of meeting should be considered. I just thought it would be a great chance to meet. We just need to see how far out people are willing to travel. Heck we could even do a weekend thing like Les and the guys did in Raton if there is interest. We can pick a spot.

#3556976 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: JacquesLaRami]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Originally Posted By: JacquesLaRami
There might be a few guys on this end of Nebraska and South Dakota that may be interested as well?
Good point! I thought of that so I edited my first post to add and anyone else.

#3556981 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: eh76]
Stemshot Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Behind you
Where in Wyoming would have a range and facilities to have a big ole' BBQ that everyone could use. maybe a little fishing.

#3556993 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: Stemshot]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

range facilities and fishing might be hard to do. Either or may be more like it. Need to get gotlost online...

#3557061 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: Stemshot]
KC Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
I went to the get-together at Whittington a couple of years ago and we had lots of fun. Would love to do it again this Spring but at a different location. There's nothing wrong with Whittington, it's a great facility, but it's not centerd in the MT, WY, CO, NE area. Some place in Eastern WY is about at the center. Glendo State Park and Guernsey State Park are located just East of I25 between Cheyenne and Casper. There's fishing and campgrounds at both parks.

Hunting is allowed at Glendo State Park.
http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/Site/SiteInfo.asp?siteID=6

There's a visitor center at Guernsey State Park.
http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/Site/SiteInfo.asp?siteID=7

I don't know about a range but since hunting is allowed in parts of Glendo, we might be able to setup something temporary so long as we clean up after ourselves.

KC

#3557068 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: KC]
JacquesLaRami Offline
Campfire Guide

I don't think you can do any shooting around Guernsey park, or wouldn't advise it if you could (likely to hit a greenie wink ) but I have a place in mind not too far from there that I think would be OK. Let me check into it -- not a range, just some rimrocks and prairie.

There's not a lot of need for official ranges out here in the wide open spaces.

#3557079 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: JacquesLaRami]
Kamerad_Les Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Behind Enemy Lines KSA
I can dig it!

Hit me at Skype: kameradles between 9am and 1pm eastern

#3557084 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: JacquesLaRami]
KC Offline
Campfire Guide

Jacques:

The facilities chart for Guernsey doesn't indicate hunting as an activity and Glendo does allow hunting, probably limited to certain areas. Also Glendo is a lot bigger than Guernsey. From the brochure, it sounds like there might be some interesting sight seeing/historic stuff to check out at Guernsey.

If you can find some rim rock area on the prairie, maybe BLM near Glendo or Guernsey, that would be perfect.

KC

#3557085 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: eh76]
leftycarbon Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Colorado-7600'
Yup, but spring seems very far away right now!

Lefty C

#3557088 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: Kamerad_Les]
shrapnel Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Bozeman, MT
How about Cody? A great museum, location, historic town...
If you want to fit in with a new crowd, ask them if they know shrapnel. There is no friggin' way they won't know who that man is. He is the Chuck Norris of Montana and you will have a nice icebreaker to discuss.
Travis

#3557094 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: eh76]
KC Offline
Campfire Guide

elkhunter:

I think maybe we should consider something longer than lunch. That's a long way to drive just to have lunch.

KC

#3557102 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: KC]
duck911 Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Loveland, CO
Count my and my stepson in from Loveland, Colorado! Just name the time and place!

--Duck911

#3557112 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: KC]
JacquesLaRami Offline
Campfire Guide

Originally Posted By: KC

Hunting is allowed at Glendo State Park.
http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/Site/SiteInfo.asp?siteID=6

There's a visitor center at Guernsey State Park.
http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/Site/SiteInfo.asp?siteID=7

That visitor center at Guernsey is more of a museum of Indian artifacts, Oregon Trail, and CCC work camp stuff. But there is a lot of BLM nearby.

#3557113 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: leftycarbon]
KC Offline
Campfire Guide

lefty:

Yeah, Spring does seem like far away but I don't think I would enjoy camping much right now, with the weather the way it is.

KC

#3557132 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: shrapnel]
KC Offline
Campfire Guide

shrapnel:

I took my boy scouts to a mountain man rendezvous in Cody and they had a blast. Buffalo Bill State Park is close to Cody, there's fishing there but no hunting. Cody is further away from the center of the target area so longer to drive there.

KC

#3557135 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: KC]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Guys,

Just got back online. Lost my ISP for a bit, must be from the cold temps. I agree something more than a lunch would be the way to go. At first the get together the Washington State guys did came to mind, but that would be a bit too little for the travel.

Shrapnel...Cody would be a good idea as it has a shooting range I think and the other facilities as you mention.

We just need to see who is all interested and pick a meeting spot. I think Jacques has some good areas in mind too. There are some good places around Laramie Peak that might work if we don't go too early in the spring.

leftycarbon spring is along ways off but I think we need to do some planning so people can make this event. It will be a good time!

Keith

#3557139 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: eh76]
weaselsRus Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: NE Nevada
Cody is a great place, don't they have prairie dogs there?

#3557140 - 12/10/09 Re: Wyoming, Colorado and Montana Campfire Members [Re: KC]
JacquesLaRami Offline
Campfire Guide

Yeah there is a lot of history nearby, Cheyenne/Deadwood Stage route, Oregon Trail Ruts, Register cliff, 17 miles to Fort Laramie NHS, You'd even have a former Park Service (Ft. Laramie) historical interpreter and archaeological tech. on hand to show you around.

Ol' Bill Cody was down here riding for the Pony Express, and hunting buffs, long before anybody had heard of him or before he ever made it up to where Cody's at now.

But Cody is cool too.

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 62 63 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
RV 180 2
CLICK HERE for HUGE SUMMER DAYS SAVINGS on ZEISS OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
RV 160 1 2
RV 160 2 2
Who's Online
185 registered (7mmbuster, 280shooter, 3dtestify, 4th_point, 257heaven, 25 invisible), 750 Guests and 425 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RV 160 3 2
Forum Stats
53,446 Registered Members
72 Forums
691,983 Topics
9,998,495 Posts

Most users ever online: 4,830 @ 12/02/14

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.