Print Thread
Hop To
Page 75 of 75 1 2 73 74 75
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
AUG - 13th, 20th, or 27th or later works for me...I can do primitive

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think "primitive" would work out well with no problems. With all the gear that everybody has it's not like it's really going to be primitive anyway. As long as it's somewhere that you can drive to, park your rig and set up camp I think it'd work out just fine. A cabin would be a bonus.

Dates ??? - I'm open. I just hope we can work something out that will accommodate eveyone's work schedule. Firming up a date so that plans/vacation time/reservations can be made wouldn't be a bad idea.

And ..... I promise to try and remain fully clothed at all times ..... laugh

But ..... When you combine ATV's, Pat, Ingwe, thongs, Les and his endless supply of lawmower beers and hard liquor - no telling what's going to happen. grin

Bear in mind that none of this will violate the family friendly atmosphere. No children were permanently harmed during the last get together and I certainly don't want to scare anyone away from attending. It was a good time for all that attended - kids included.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm retired so work schedule is not a problem. I can make any of those dates. I agree that we ought to try our best to pick a weekend that accomodates most people's work schedule. I'll adjust.

I still think that Jacks Creek Crew Quarters was a good choice for the location. Not that there was anything wrong with last year's venue. But Maybe we shouldn't impose upon that host and hostess again.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I guess we just need to start a list and pick a weekend....would Aug 12,13 & 14 work? And reserve a place as soon as we can at 6 months out.

I'm in!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Put me on the list.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B2

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ok lets run with the weekend of Aug 12,13 & 14

List:

elkhunter76
KC
fish head

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anymore takers...maybe I need to start a new thread?

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Keith:

Yeah. I think it's time that we cleaned this thread off of the board and started a new sticky thread for 2011. Can you talk to Rick?

Maybe we ought to send a PM to everyone who particitpated last year.

KC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't want to commit just yet until I know the location.
I have no problem with the timing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
w.t.f.?
you actually picked a weekend I'm off!
doesn't matter, I 'd take time off anyway.
I'm in. Probably bring son, and grandson.

later....

If guns kill people.....mine must be defective.
IC B3

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeRoy
w.t.f.?
you actually picked a weekend I'm off!
doesn't matter, I 'd take time off anyway.
I'm in. Probably bring son, and grandson.

later....

LeRoy got a new thread going

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...11_Wyoming_and_Surrounding_A#Post4840824

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Raton is a "bung hole" town. If you go there, you need campers and for sure do your own cooking. Never again.

By the way, Pueblo, CO, downtown near the convention center is a nice venue, if you can catch dates without too much going on there. All this is a little far and snakey for me, but enjoy! Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, did a new thread get started for the 2013 get together?

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

bigdogfla:

I haven't seen any new thread, but I think a 2013 get together is a good idea and I would definitely attend. Why don't you start one?

A couple years ago, we were looking at reserving the Jacks Creek Cabin west of Encampment WY. We decided against it because there was too much snow that year. But it might be worth looking at again. Maybe in mid-July?

KC

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
One of my heros from my young Trooper days was a mom. A large, big city brother decided to follow her home and enjoy her. As he pushed her through the door to her son's bedroom, Little League Coach Mom grabbed a bat from an umbrella stand and turned the tide on her assailant. When the local small town gendarmes arrived, brother was still unconscious with Coach Mom standing in an advantageous ready position to do it again if needed. The failed rape attempt netted the guy eighty five years. (The prosecutor and the jury were also to be commended.). Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jack, thanks for sharing that heart-rending tale. Now tell us just WTF it has to do with a campfire get-together???????

Page 75 of 75 1 2 73 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 61 invisible), 3,011 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.