Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 74 75
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Jacques:

So that makes it about 9 hours non-stop from Colorado Springs. Say 10 hours with pee/food breaks. I could do that. But I would prefer closer = less driving. And I like the idea of having a local who knows the area to show us around. Let's see who signs up and where the concensus lands.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Members interested so far:

elkhunter76
JacquesLaRami
K Salonek
pumpgun
derby dude
Stemshot
KC
Kamerad Les
shrapnel
leftycarbon
duck911
weaselsRus
Glock2240
JeffP40
Tracks
remfak

I miss anyone?

Count me in. I'm up for whatever...fishing, shooting, both!

RH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it will take you longer than that, it takes me about three and a half to get to the North end of Denver if I hurry. What's the Springs another hour and a half South? And six hours to from here to Cody.

Keep in mind, you won't be on the Interstate after Casper and you will have to slow down for every little town. Especially Shoshonie %$&#$!!! grin

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I can make it to Cheyenne in 2 1/2 hours if I can get through the Denver mess without too much holdup. But it will take longer pulling a trailer.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
elkhunter76
JacquesLaRami
K Salonek
pumpgun
derby dude
Stemshot
KC
Kamerad Les
shrapnel
leftycarbon
duck911
weaselsRus
Glock2240
JeffP40
Tracks
remfak
himmelrr
tarkio

I miss anyone?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KC

I can make it to Cheyenne in 2 1/2 hours if I can get through the Denver mess without too much holdup. But it will take longer pulling a trailer.

Cheyenne to Cody is about 6.5 to 7 hours. partagas is in Cody as is ralphie ( I beleive) maybe they will chime in tomorrow with some helpful information.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh yeah I forgot the normal flow of traffic in Colorado is going about 90mph -- no wonder everyone is always passing me blush

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We could do it here in the same area I wrote about above....plenty of room, atv trails, great scenery, easy to get in/out of, fishing in the reservoir, fishing in a nearby stream, plenty of room for shooting, etc.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I may be interested depending upon scheduling. I am near Billings, MT (about 120 miles from Cody).

I might suggest Sheridan or Buffalo. I am not real familiar with what you are looking for as to facilities but I personally prefer the Sheridan area. They both have a lot of imports, but the Sheridan/Buffalo area is a lot less touristy, more down-to-earth people. Plenty of facilities, hotels, restaurants. Fishing available in the mountains or at the lake. Beautiful location at the base of the Bighorns.

If you just want a place to camp together and then maybe go shoot dogs, Kaycee might work. There are innumerable dog towns around there. A nice campground on the edge of town. Not much in the way of a lot of restaurants etc. but real good people.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
im in if i can make the scheduling work.......game for most anything you guys set it up and if i can swing the date ill be there....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thermopolis may be another idea. My wife has friends/family there. I will check on facilities. This is only one idea www.eaglervpark.com

Anyplace with any kind of facilities is going to have a cost. Even a state park campground will. Glendo and Guernsey don't have any shower facilities to my knowledge.

elkhunter76 - WY
JacquesLaRami - WY
K Salonek - CO
pumpgun - CO
derby dude - MT
Stemshot - ?
KC - CO
Kamerad Les - CO
shrapnel - MT
leftycarbon - CO
duck911 - CO
weaselsRus - NV
Glock2240 - MT
JeffP40 - MT
Tracks - CO
remfak - CO
himmelrr - CO
tarkio - MT
rattler - MT
ingwe - MT
Rocky Raab - UT
Cheyenne - WY

I miss anyone?

Keep the ideas coming. When we

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Keith; put me on the list!

Same as others, if I can work it out, Ill be there...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
btt

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Lady and I need motel facilities. I gave up camping when I left the military. A place to eat would be nice too.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pansy! Have tent cot, will travel. wink

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I might be able to attend - if it isn't in mid-June.

There is no license needed for PDs or coyotes in Wyoming, so that's a plus. The entire state has PDs, so the area around Rawlins to Glenrock would be good - and easily accessible via interstate.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm interested, but I can't tell you my schedule next week, much less 6 months from now. That makes me a definite maybe. smile

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
My Lady and I need motel facilities. I gave up camping when I left the military. A place to eat would be nice too.

That is why I was thinking of something like the campground in Thermopolis. They have cabins/shower facilities and there are other motels nearby as well as places to eat.

I have a trailer I can sleep in as long as there are shower/bathroom facilities.

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I might be able to attend - if it isn't in mid-June.

There is no license needed for PDs or coyotes in Wyoming, so that's a plus. The entire state has PDs, so the area around Rawlins to Glenrock would be good - and easily accessible via interstate.

Pdogs from Glendo to Casper to Bill are gone due to plague. Not sure about the Rawlins area as I have not been through there in a while

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's another vote for Cody. If you are within a day's drive of the Buffalo Bill Historical Center and have never been there, it is worth the trip, everyone should see it at least once, especially if you like guns. Plenty of camping available at the Buffalo Bill Reservoir campground and if you want to stay in town, there are all kinds of motels, along with the historic Irma Hotel.

You cant do everything in one weekend, such as fishing, hunting PD's and seeing the sights, so maybe it would be more practical to just figure on the museum, takes a full two days at minimum.

Note: if you are figuring on any place in Wyoming in the summertime, better make reservations WAY ahead of time, between the tourists and the oil patch crowd, motel rooms might be hard to come up with on a moment's notice.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I can work it in the calender I'd be there as well.

Tongue River resevoir for the spring crappie spawn would do me just fine...I'd be a floggin the water with my fly rod.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Page 3 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 74 75

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (308ld, 1_deuce, 257 mag, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 32 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,179
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.