24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well Well Well! Only blow up good ones hey, now that is a crock of Bull Crap!!! I do own several makes of pistols from the Springfield, Kimber, Colt and Smith & Wessons. I have NEVER blown up one pistol in my entire 45 years of shooting pistols....must be a dumb arse to blow up a pistol.

Now I also own several GLOCKS and have become a Glock convert to the cause of what really works, not just looks great in the eyes of a collector. My CCW tools are GLOCKS....WHY you say, because they work everytime out the gate and will take far more abuse than most other pistols on the market and still function and shoot bullets down range, even those made of stainless my pistol shooters.

You want to see abuse of a pistol, then go to U-TUBE and watch those GLOCKS go through all sorts of tests and nobody's pistol can match the torture tests that those GlOCKS go through and still operate and shoot period.

Last edited by Tonk; 12/08/09.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

BP-B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I know people that regularly drive with excessive speed and have never had an accident, so I guess (useing your logic) that means that the National satistic that show excessive speed to be dangerous should be ignored?

Last edited by jwp475; 12/08/09.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think shrapnel has blown up some guns. I seem to remember reading about some of his escapades in the Wolfe publications, if it's the same shrapnel.

`Bring Enough Gun`
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Please sell me all your junkie Glocks! I will rid you of those dangerous junk things at a low discounted price due their low value! smile I have had 3 over the past 10-years and have not had one blow yet.

Good Shooting!
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by highridge1
1911's have blown up plenty, glocks are excellent handguns.There are people that have shot their glocks 200,000 + rnds ,try that with a 1911.

Thousands and thousands of guys have done that with 1911's. I've done it twice myself. In handgun competition the 1911 platform is the undisputed King. Glock guys say "2,000 rounds in six months with no problems". I've had days like that and I don't shoot much compared to lots of guys.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JOG
1911's have blown up plenty, glocks are excellent handguns.There are people that have shot their glocks 200,000 + rnds ,try that with a 1911.

Thousands and thousands of guys have done that with 1911's. I've done it twice myself. In handgun competition the 1911 platform is the undisputed King. Glock guys say "2,000 rounds in six months with no problems". I've had days like that and I don't shoot much compared to lots of guys.

If you took every shooter in the US who shot as much as you say those gents do, they'd comfortably fit in a gymnasium.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by JOG

If you took every shooter in the US who shot as much as you say those gents do, they'd comfortably fit in a gymnasium.

It would only be comfortable until a Glock exploded. laugh

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG

25,000 rounds a year isn't even 500 per week. The guys that fit in a gymnasium will fire 500 rounds daily Monday thru Friday then have matches on the weekend.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm not arguing specific numbers. The type of shooter you're talking about is the equivilant of, and in some cases, is, an olympic shooter. They have no life outside of shooting. If not for the unarmed martial arts I'd be perfectly happy shooting like that. Of course, my wife would divorce me after about a month of that type of devotion to anything but her or our children, and I'm not sure even the kids would qualify for that kind of devotion. I'll tell you this; I don't believe a man who has children has any business shooting at the level you're talking about, even if he can afford it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not a huge Glock fan, but then again I've never owned one. I'm sure I will someday, probably a 40 S&W, if I happen to run into a good deal. Certianly wouldn't be worried about their reliability or strength. Any mechanical device can and will fail at some point. I've always been under the impression that the Glocks were the AK47's of the handgun world. And I mean that in a good way.

`Bring Enough Gun`
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
orion,
You might do a little research on the .40 S&W in the Glock platform before buying one. Of all the cartridges they are chambered for that is probably the most problematic.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the heads up.

`Bring Enough Gun`
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't think I've ever heard of a Hi-Point pistol Ka-Boom.

Just sayin' ...

Last edited by P_Weed; 12/08/09.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll tell you this; I don't believe a man who has children has any business shooting at the level you're talking about, even if he can afford it.

Dang, I didn't realize I was being immoral. Oh well, back to more conventional pursuits like drinkin' and ho's. smirk

Guys that shoot 100K rounds or more a year either make money at it or are trying to make money at it. Free ammo and paid to shoot, kinda like being a gunwriter without having to actually write anything. My point stands regarding "try that [200K rounds] with a 1911" - the guys that shoot that much overwhelmingly use 1911's.

I never put up those kinds of totals. There were years I reloaded around 50K rounds, but I would account for a half to two-thirds of the empties. Firing 25K rounds would cost me around $50 a week. That's not chicken feed, but it's a lot cheaper than a new bass boat.

Robert Frost
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Don't think I've ever heard of a Hi-Point pistol Ka-Boom.

Just sayin' ...

Ouch, you're nasty. wink

I woulda left it at the Hi-Point being so much more svelte...

Robert Frost
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I've seen a 1911 blow. It was a 10MM with a standard feed ramp. The case ruptured, blew the magazine out of the bottom, split both grips, and sent pieces of brass into the shooter's face. Anything can have failures.

It's all in the reflexes.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PepeLp
Anything can have failures.

You're right. Glocks are different because factors in the design, intentionally used to enhance reliability, contribute to the frequency failures. I don't have anything against Glocks, but I jump into these threads to point out the problems with the Glock design are easy to avoid: Don't fire reloads, and if you do, replace the barrel. It's that easy. Consider it a public service announcement. wink

Robert Frost
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy a Ruger revolver and don't worry about it.

`Bring Enough Gun`
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I will only use Glocks in 9 and 10mm. And only with factory ammunition or good commercial reloads.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JOG
I'll tell you this; I don't believe a man who has children has any business shooting at the level you're talking about, even if he can afford it.

Dang, I didn't realize I was being immoral. Oh well, back to more conventional pursuits like drinkin' and ho's. smirk

Guys that shoot 100K rounds or more a year either make money at it or are trying to make money at it. Free ammo and paid to shoot, kinda like being a gunwriter without having to actually write anything. My point stands regarding "try that [200K rounds] with a 1911" - the guys that shoot that much overwhelmingly use 1911's.

I never put up those kinds of totals. There were years I reloaded around 50K rounds, but I would account for a half to two-thirds of the empties. Firing 25K rounds would cost me around $50 a week. That's not chicken feed, but it's a lot cheaper than a new bass boat.

I�m not talking about the money invested; I think once you get set up with a good progressive reloader you can save some money on ammo. I meant time away from the family. If you�re shooting 250K rounds per year, and carting your equipment back and forth, and getting set up, tuning your mags, tuning your gun, breaking down all your equipment, cleaning everything when you get home, dry-firing, position practice�.I think you�re taking ALL your time away from your kids.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
737 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.