Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Want to eliminate flyers from your groups? It's easy! This Internal Concentricity Comparator Ultrasonic Metal-Mass Detector spins all your bullets [color:#FF0000]BEFORE you load them so you can see if they are round. Walt Berger uses one, so does D'Arcy Echols, Kenny Jarrett. Swift Bullets, Nosler, Hornady, and Kreiger to name a few.

Our own John Barness says in "Factors in Accuracy II" on the 24 Hour website:[/color]

"Such results are admittedly unusual, and almost solely due to the most important factor in accurate handloads: the bullet. The Ballistic Tips had all been run over one of Verne Juenke's Internal Concentricity Comparators. About 1 in 5 tested perfectly enough for my experiment; 5-shot groups fired randomly selected bullets from the same box average between .5" and .75" with the same load. But "perfect" Ballistic Tips shoot better than any other bullet I've tried in this rifle, even benchrest bullets that have also been run through the Juenke machine. I cannot emphasize how much this machine has changed the way many shooters look at accuracy. Before using the Juenke machine extensively, I believed that certain rifles "liked" certain bullets better. Like most shooters, I'd try different powders in order to get a desired bullet to shoot better--and sometimes even a different primer. This didn't work very often. Now I know why. Without good bullets, uniform neck thickness and consistent ignition all the rest of it doesn't amount to a pile of popcorn.

Today finding an accurate load is much simpler. I carefully resize some neck-sorted, fired cases, charge 'em with an appropriate powder or two, then seat some Juenked bullets and go to the range. If the rifle's set up correctly, almost every load shoots acceptably."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's like new.

$1200.00

Jeff

GB1

Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Any interesting trades? wink

[Linked Image]

Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
$1200.00

Reduced to just $1199.00 shipped
wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thats something on my wish list. Maybe after 500 more reductions smile

nice machine

Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wadevb1
Thats something on my wish list. Maybe after 500 more reductions smile

nice machine

[color:#000099]$1199.00

$1198.00[/color]
grin

IC B2

Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Still another reason you need this - accuracy article

WHY YOU NEED THIS:

What the I.C.C. unit can do for an accuracy minded shooter:

When bench-rest shooting became popular after WW ll, top shooters started testing various makes of bullets to see what was really required to be competitive in the sport. In the .22 and 6mm diameter range, it was decided that a maximum of .0003� in bullet jacket concentricity was the limit in order to shoot competitive small groups in a good bench-rest quality rifle by an experienced shooter. On the I.C.C. unit, .0003� is equal to about 15 deviation units on the meter scale as the bullet rotates. I have tested thousands of top grade custom bench-rest bullets.

The following is average data based on the average lot of bullet jackets that the custom bullet makers can buy. 80 % of the finished bullets will run 5 or less deviation units (Hummer bullets). 15% will run 5 to 10 D.U. (still good bullets). 5% could run 10 to 15 D.U. (average bullets). Anything over 15 D.U. should be used for fire forming, fouling shots, pressure testing, and chronographing. There may not be many of these, but they could cause those small fliers that we all shoot once in a while. Don�t shoot these on match day. Give them to your worst friend!

I want to seriously make a statement that no serious shooter can doubt. The better a shooter can shoot, the more valuable the I.C.C. unit becomes. At 100 or 200 yds., these people can shoot groups that average less than .250�. They do everything right. They have top quality rifles and hand-loads tuned to their rifles. They can judge wind conditions and have good rests and can hold consistently. Even a slightly bad balanced bullet can cause a .250� group to go to a .3�. This could cause a shooter to go to 5 or 10th place in the match. At 600 or 1000 yds., this can be much worse. A lot of shooters test bullet quality by shooting groups. If these groups are good, they have only tested the bullets that they have fired. A bad bullet can come along at any time and really ruin their day at a match. I guarantee my unit will tell a bad bullet from a good one. You should test every bullet that you shoot, then if you get a flier, you can look elsewhere for the cause.

I once tested 1000 custom bullets for a shooter in California. Not one bullet in the 1000 went over 4 D.U.! That bullet maker got a really good lot of jackets on that order.

Vern S. Juenke

Final Reduction
$950.00

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cannot believe this is still here. I should buy it but guys that know me also know I have more problems than bullet concentricity...........

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
grin<submilinal message> Buy this and your love life will improve radically.............and also your groups.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can believe it is still there. go to the website and look, still $5 over retail.

All prices listed are in U.S. Dollars

If you pay using PayPal
Unit price ------------------------ $945.00
Shipping & Handling U.S.- $70.00

Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
I can believe it is still there. go to the website and look, still $5 over retail.

All prices listed are in U.S. Dollars

If you pay using PayPal
Unit price ------------------------ $945.00
Shipping & Handling U.S.- $70.00

uh.....my modern math skills makes 945. + 70. = $1015
wink

but you're right - he's lowered his price to $945,

So I will lower mine too.. $940 Shipped - save $75 (and your love life will still be improved) grin

IC B3

T
T
i would like to buy it, if it is still there
Tilmann

T
T
i want it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,526
Posts18,452,842
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.