Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All scopes will quit at a certain point, I can demonstrate this on every hunt. I'm usually in the woods a full hour and a half before shooting light, I can assure you my scopes won't work then.

The key is the good scopes will outlast the average ones in fading light and quite frankly these are the most precious minutes when it comes to animal movement. For those that dismiss that a scope doesn't quit . . . well that's just hogwash.

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by brianc142
Originally Posted by Tony270WSM
Lol... how many times will this be brought up?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but when you try and search for anything with Leupold in it on the optics forum, a gazillion results pop up.

Call Leupold or possibly go on line and ask for a free current product catalog. It will pretty much answer your questions on VX-3 upgrades on two pages.

Or call and ask a technical rep. and get it straight from Leupold. Will not be the first time they have been asked.

Not that difficult with a little effort.

Hey bro, what's with the attitude? I already apologized for stirring up a crapstorm. If I wanted to ask Leupold I would have called them. I visit this forum for the wealth of knowledge here and contribute when I can. I thought that's what forums like these were all about. Anyway, thanks for the info and if I am taking your comments the wrong way I apologize up front.

Last edited by brianc142; 12/29/09.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf...George Orwell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
adjustment knobs that were virtually impossible to turn... :(I sent it back to Leupold on 23Dec for them to "fix".
Same song as with the power adjustment ring on a VX-II in 3-9x I have. It needs to go back for that issue too.

Funny you mention that. I recently acquired three new VX-IIs in 3-9x40. I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of them had an adjustment ring that turned easily enough. Other two were typical Leupold monkey tight. I do wish they'd fix that issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Eremicus

Still another is the quant idea that if you can see certain fine details in your expensive binoculars, your scope should also show you the same details. Not always. E

Very true. A good quality bino will always show you more than a riflescope, assuming they have sufficient exit pupil.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't seen any model Leupold scope that had an easy to turn power ring. I'm surprised they haven't come up with a solution to that especially when you consider all that have been sent in for the repair that come back better in that regard.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, you took them the wrong way, but an apology not necessary.
Just trying to have you get the answers you want without the extra bs.

A Leupold catalog is also a nice reference to have around to answer your own and others questions.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by battue
Yes, you took them the wrong way, but an apology not necessary.
Just trying to have you get the answers you want without the extra bs.

A Leupold catalog is also a nice reference to have around to answer your own and others questions.

Thanks battue.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf...George Orwell.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.