Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Beautiful. I particularly love the reds.

BP-B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Woodhits
Glocks are reliable as-issued, no "break in", no feed ramp & throat work, no spring kits, no aftermarket mags.

All of those items have been addressed through Glock "recalls", although Glock refuses to call them that. Add in three frame revisions (not counting Generation ergo changes), slide revisions, and the firing system.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG
Glocks are reliable as-issued, no "break in", no feed ramp & throat work, no spring kits, no aftermarket mags.

All of those items have been addressed through Glock "recalls", although Glock refuses to call them that. Add in three frame revisions (not counting Generation ergo changes), slide revisions, and the firing system.
Also, I can say the same thing about many brands and models of 1911s. My Smith & Wesson Lightweight 1911Sc Commander came from the factory 100% ready for business and completely reliable.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
You guys win. Glocks suck and 1911's rule. I guess that's why all the "real professionals" in the the US carry the 1911, and the rest of us carry glocks because we like exploding,self firing junk guns.

Bullshit.

Glock pistols are as safe as any other pistol or revolver. Anyone who wants to post real numbers that show different, please do.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
You guys win. Glocks suck and 1911's rule. I guess that's why all the "real professionals" in the the US carry the 1911, and the rest of us carry glocks because we like exploding,self firing junk guns.

Bullshit.

Glock pistols are as safe as any other pistol or revolver. Anyone who wants to post real numbers that show different, please do.

My point is I was making an attempt at sarcasm.

"Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using a characterization of something or someone in order to express contempt."

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My point is I was making an attempt at sarcasm.

"Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using a characterization of something or someone in order to express contempt."

I just wasn't clear enough. This whole thread is laced with nothing but anecdotal evidence. When they are ready to post real, comparative numbers, on which I can run inferential statistics, then their opinion is just like mine, an opinion. Nothing in this thread would lead an unbiased researcher to any conclusion regarding Glock pistols.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Another reason that revolvers are better . . . . grin
BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Where is the holy grail of information found on real, comparative numbers, on which you can run inferential statistics to support your position.

I don't collect data for the sake of argument, but if that's what it takes to make you satisfied, good luck.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You have me wrong. I retired from an LE job, and I carried a Glock. I carried a 1911 for several years, but I had too many malfunctions, and lost faith in 1911s in general. I went to a Glock 20 and the only malfunction I ever had with that pistol was a fail to fire, and it was the ammo, not my pistol.

I'm challenging the posters who like stirring the Glock pot to prove to me the Glock is inherently more dangerous than other pistols. I know it's not, but I also know there is no "holy grail of information" regarding pistol and revolver catastrophic failures. So, the [bleep] stirrers are accomplishing just that; stirring [bleep]. Their anecdotal evidence doesn't even make me blink. I was at the range today and shot both of my Glock 20s. Both pistols performed flawlessly.

I don�t know how to put it any plainer to you, unless you just want to pick a fight with a fellow Glocker. If so, saddle up, let's get it on.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I don�t know how to put it any plainer to you, unless you just want to pick a fight with a fellow Glocker. If so, saddle up, let's get it on.

Dude, you seem to have real issues or a chip on your shoulder if you want to pick an E-fight.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Dude, you seem to have real issues or a chip on your shoulder if you want to pick an E-fight.

I can't decide if you're being deliberately obtuse, or you really don't understand my plainly-written posts. I suppose it doesn�t matter. I shoot mainly Glocks because I think they are the most reliable pistol manufactured. I can shoot a 1911 and clear any malfunctions in a rapid manner after having trained to do so many times over many hours. I still choose my tuned Glock.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I guess you didn't understand what I thought were my plainly written posts.

I like Glocks and have 3 of them.

I like Glocks better than 1911's.

I trust a Glock more than a 1911,my glocks are not tuned, and my 1911's are.

I am most definately a fan of the glock, but don't think for a minute that it a perfect handgun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have me wrong. I retired from an LE job, and I carried a Glock. I carried a 1911 for several years, but I had too many malfunctions, and lost faith in 1911s in general. I went to a Glock 20 and the only malfunction I ever had with that pistol was a fail to fire, and it was the ammo, not my pistol.

I'm challenging the posters who like stirring the Glock pot to prove to me the Glock is inherently more dangerous than other pistols. I know it's not, but I also know there is no "holy grail of information" regarding pistol and revolver catastrophic failures. So, the [bleep] stirrers are accomplishing just that; stirring [bleep]. Their anecdotal evidence doesn't even make me blink. I was at the range today and shot both of my Glock 20s. Both pistols performed flawlessly.

I don’t know how to put it any plainer to you, unless you just want to pick a fight with a fellow Glocker. If so, saddle up, let's get it on.

I think I can help you, although this has been explained earlier in this thread better than I probably can.

No one is saying that Glocks are statistically more dangerous, because as you point out, these statistics do not exist.

People get tired of the Glock fanatics blathering on about their "Perfection". Ergo they love rubbing the KBs, and other failures, etc., of which there seems to be no shortage of pictures of on the internet, in the faces of said fanatics, because of the indignant reaction they get, of which this thread is a good example.

Hope that clears it up.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RufusG
I think I can help you, although this has been explained earlier in this thread better than I probably can.

No one is saying that Glocks are statistically more dangerous, because as you point out, these statistics do not exist.

People get tired of the Glock fanatics blathering on about their "Perfection". Ergo they love rubbing the KBs, and other failures, etc., of which there seems to be no shortage of pictures of on the internet, in the faces of said fanatics, because of the indignant reaction they get, of which this thread is a good example.

Hope that clears it up.
laugh By Jove, I think he's got it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Hope that clears it up.
laugh By Jove, I think he's got it!

I think it was actually FreeMe that explained this more succinctly earlier on.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not a deciphering expert nor do I claim to be, but after readin' these last few pages, I'm thinkin' that Magnumdood's posts were clearly inoffensive (quite supportive, in fact) and lacked any desire or attempt to disparage you nor the substance of your posts in anyway, whatsoever. But it seems as though you've taken them as such........why? Not sure.

I also, as you've stated, own 3 Glocks (two G27's and a G23 I retired with). I also own a Kimber UCII SS .45 of which runs well, has many "Bulletproof" add-ons and I prefer to carry it much less often than my Glocks, for my own reasons, whether real or imagined. So, in that regard, we are quite similar, but that is where our similarities seem to end.

It's nice to have others agree with how we feel and the choices that we make....it gives us all a bit more confidence. But as hard and as often as "dood" tried to back your sentiments, you wouldn't have it. Whether you care or not, it is becoming rather obvious that you either just prefer to be contrary or that you have some comprehension problems. Neither is very beneficial if trying to get a point across......just sayin'.

Most here are simply just statin' their opinions as you, I and "dood" have, no more and no less. Some might be drawin' their conclusions from more their hip than actual knowledge, but such is the way we all work, to some degree or another. Nothing is perfect, Glocks included, but we all make our choices based on what we truly "believe", again, whether real or imagined.

You might just consider lightening up a bit, listen more to what others are actually sayin' and embrace the fact that there is, in fact, always gonna be some grey in between the black's and the white's........wink.

Last edited by magnumb; 12/30/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... My guess is when you made a response to my earlier post you took it upon yourself to take a jab at my experience, so I responded in kind.

Nope. Not a jab at you or your experience......just a jab at your application of it to others.

Cheers!

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I love 1911s and when you find one that runs they are about as "shootable" as a handgun can be, IMO. That being said, there is an entire industry of gunsmiths & partsmakers who specialize in making 1911s unreliable....

Fixed that for ya. wink

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I guess you didn't understand what I thought were my plainly written posts.

No no...I clearly understood you were a fan of Glock pistols. You didn't think I was.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I don’t know how to put it any plainer to you, unless you just want to pick a fight with a fellow Glocker. If so, saddle up, let's get it on.

Hope that clears it up.

Well Rufus, what can I say? Put up with it or keep poking the hornet's nest. Either way makes no difference to me.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (338reddog, 10Glocks, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 731 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.