24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I picked up one of Jarets (Alaska Guide Creations) Bino Chest Packs a few weeks ago. I used it this past weekend on a hog hunt. It was a miserable weather hunt that tested it well. I covered about 15 miles in constant drizzle at 32 -36 deg. weather on Saturday. The pack work out great. It fits snug and doesn't flop arround. Everything in the pack was dry at the end of the days hunt. I used it often glassing an area I had never hunted. I had no problems and am very happy with the pack.
It carried my binos, wipes, GPS, rangefinder, and my maps, with ease.

Windage & Elevation
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is an option Kifaru is coming out with. It also has a quick access concealed pistol panel:
Kifaru Koala

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That's on the large side. A bit bulky for what I was looking for.

Windage & Elevation
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree Lunarphase. Bigger than I want to carry on my chest. A slimmer version on the other hand...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
That looks decent for general packing and getting to camp, I like the idea of carrying weight in the front to balance the pack in back. Wouldn't work for hunting with a bow or crawling after lopes, that's where the AGC shines. Still I like that idea for other purposes.

Kent

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Agreed. It may be well made, but too big. Although I would carry it if I was in enemy territory.
I received from from Jaret, (AGC) today. So far it looks good.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/14/10.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lunarphase
I picked up one of Jarets (Alaska Guide Creations) Bino Chest Packs a few weeks ago. I used it this past weekend on a hog hunt. It was a miserable weather hunt that tested it well. I covered about 15 miles in constant drizzle at 32 -36 deg. weather on Saturday. The pack work out great. It fits snug and doesn't flop arround. Everything in the pack was dry at the end of the days hunt. I used it often glassing an area I had never hunted. I had no problems and am very happy with the pack.
It carried my binos, wipes, GPS, rangefinder, and my maps, with ease.

Did your rangefinder and GPS both fit in that front pocket at the same time? What size glass were you carrying?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Did your rangefinder and GPS both fit in that front pocket at the same time? What size glass were you carrying?

Rangefinder fit in front pouch, Binos, maps and GPS fit in main pouch, (1)side pouch held multi tool and lighter the other held head mini lamp, back zipper pocket held tags, permit and ID. Binos I was using were Nikon compact size (4.5"x4.5" I think) but larger would also fit with GPS in main pouch.
If you carry large binos check with Jaret, I think he makes a larger size also. He asked me what size binos I use and we went from there.

Windage & Elevation
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DJR
I have left the regular strap on the binoculars and that seems like a good idea when you are just using them near your vehicle or walking out from camp to look at things.

DJR

[Linked Image]

Same here,It lets you tuck them in you jacket when you are not wearing the pack. Added precaution in the event your in a hurry and you "Miss" the pack or take a tumble.

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,160 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,749
Posts18,401,306
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.