Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
How bad are they? I have an Essential Arms lower, and the trigger that came in it is very very nasty. I'm not gonna spend high dollar for a good aftermarket trigger, but is the $35 rock river any better than the worst ones out there (because that's what i've got).

GB1

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
nope

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by TWR
nope

+1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My kids got me a RRA National Match for my birthday. I added a reduced power trigger spring. Real nice! Thanks Kids.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
factory single stage triggers all suck... IE what I call the combat triggers.

Aftermarket like Timney and such are better though I have yet to pull one that would satisfy me so I just shoot tweaked perfect 2 stage triggers.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The best single stage factory trigger i have found is the Bushmaster but this isn't saying much. Compared to the after market it is not all that good.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one thing to note is, it is worth spending the money on a good two stage aftermarket trigger. My rra lower has their two stage national match trigger, and it is a very nice trigger. Well spending the ~$135.

Anything else you do to your gun is moot if you don't have a good trigger.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
All factory standard triggers suck, you will find a decent one now and then but for the most part picking brands is no help.

2 stage or aftermarket match type is a different story.

I've seen so many bad Bushmaster triggers, I'd never try another one.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
especially the bushmaster 2 stage match ones....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I have an Olympic that has a nice single stage.

it isn't as much light weight as it is crisp. and it is really clean breaking and crisp!

My RRA w/ 2 stage is nice but I dunno much about the high dollar stuff.

E_8!

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd love to pull that one! As I've NEVER pulled a crisp single stage AR trigger, the 2 that were actually almost crisp lasted about 500 shots due to polishing too deep.

Again though I'm anal about triggers

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd love to pull that one!

well...I wish there was a way to accommodate you. I would value your opinion and I could learn from the experience.

perhaps I better ask...crisp...to meeee...means no creep whatsoever...to a clean break, correct?

E_8!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, like breaking a glass rod, you never feel ANYTHING and then SNAP.

Anything is possible these days, but it would take some new geometry of the old single stage trigger to make one like that without it either eventually or almost all the time doubling with ammo left in the mag.

Sorry I'm doubtful, but i've just never felt one. while I have in 2 stage triggers.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I would have to second 458 Lott's remark. My RR NM trigger is a joy.
I have not tried a single-stage from RRA, so I cannot comment on them.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Cleaning up a single stage really helps. May wanna try that before dropping some cash on a different trigger...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yep, like breaking a glass rod, you never feel ANYTHING and then SNAP.

Anything is possible these days, but it would take some new geometry of the old single stage trigger to make one like that without it either eventually or almost all the time doubling with ammo left in the mag.

Sorry I'm doubtful, but i've just never felt one. while I have in 2 stage triggers.

Jeff,
We have had this discussion before and you still have not tried the JP with the oversize pins with springs and hammer. If you have a properly fitted JP trigger with his pins ,spring's and hammer it would be impossible for me to go back to a 2 stage. but all you have ever used for the most part is 2 stage so that is what you are used to and prefer, give one an honest try and you will be impressed. laugh
B
ps the owner of JP rifles is arrogant (John Paul) but if you tell him what you expect and have him install one of his trigger's for you in one of your lowers. if you dont think it is a GREAT trigger come back here and FLAME me and I will pay for part of it. ($50.00 for your trouble sound fair)

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't really have a use for a single stage as I'm so used to the 2 stage, BUT I am always looking for test triggers without buying. I"m sure I'll find someone with a JP at some point.

But then again I may dang well buy one since I"m supposed to have 10 lowers or so sitting here that need to be anodized and worked up... heck it couldn't be that expensive.

Oversize pins... How do they size them?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

But then again I may dang well buy one since I"m supposed to have 10 lowers or so sitting here that need to be anodized and worked up... heck it couldn't be that expensive.

If you'd like to be 9 lowers needing to be anodized, hit me up...I'd LOVE one in the white!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Oversize pins... How do they size them?

Their oversize pins are .156" to eliminate any slop.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.