Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 328 of 1,842 1 2 326 327 328 329 330 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In North Carolina the southern equivalent of scrapple is called livermush.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Thats not steam T. Thats smoke rollin off of all four tires when the Chevy quits playin decoy and eats that Ford up. wink

Oh geezz. Now I've heard it all. smile

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, kids.... I hope the old timers run went well. I got out on the ice for a few hours yesterday, while the rug rats were taking a nap.

We got 6 walleyes from 13-18" The 18"er was a real goofy looking fish. One of the skinniest walleyes I've ever seen, needless to say, we threw it back.

I screwed up on a big one, not sure what it was, but I can only guess it was a walleye, because that is all we caught...Flag went up, and the fish was pulling line real slow, which is a sign of big one. I spun the line to give her a little slack, took the line, move the tip up, she was still there, I could feel a nice heavy weight on the end, lifted the line, and she spit it....DANG!

I was hoping to get it in, I've never caught a big walleye through the ice, 25" is my best on hard water, and it was not on a tip up.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I did it! I faced the monster (Lutefisk) square in the eye and survied. Not something I'd intentionally order, but I've had worse. They also served cod, meatballs and gravey, potatoes, lefse, corn, coldslaw and cookies. Needless to say I didn't starve.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ron, how much snow did you get? My BIL lives outside of Pittsburg and looks like he has about 18".

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Griz,

That's pretty much what they are. Nowadays, scrapple, like sausage (or ham spread!) is best eaten without understanding the process! BTW, you will find many of the same ingredients scrapple contains are also used in making sausagee, especially the smoked variety. Scrapple is often eaten with maple syrup, just like a pancake.

Tongue souse contains only tongue meat, either beef or pork, in a gelatinous loaf. Delicious sliced with apple cider vinegar, Italian or Balsamic Vinigrette dressing over the top.

Tongue souse and scrapple are two of my favorites. Muffy, if I ever get up your way I'll bring some along for you to taste. They really taste nothing like lutefisk!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Griz, I got 18" here east of Harrisburg. My son 25 miles SE of us had 25". Thank a benevolent God for allowing Man to invent snowblowers!!! laugh

Ron

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gee and it was bright sunshiny and about 65 degrees here in South Carolina.You guys get ALL the fun.
I hope Dave,Pam and kids are having a great time.I'm looking forward to the pictures and narrative.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

I hope Dave,Pam and kids are having a great time.I'm looking forward to the pictures and narrative.

Stan in SC

Fun was had by all! I will let Dave fill you all in on the SnoJet. He is probably still traveling home. Weather is not very nice so I'm sure its taking them awhile.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Ron,
Lutefisk is pretty nasty but I think if I had to eat one or the other I would have to choose it over tongue. sick

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Ron,
Lutefisk is pretty nasty but I think if I had to eat one or the other I would have to choose it over tongue. sick

grin

Afraid it's gonna taste you back?

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow those were crappy roads!!

I don't think we got any sno jet action photos but I sure wish we had.

It was a hoot!! we had that old sled running for everything it was worth to keep up with all of the modern sleds. I had it wide open across a lake for a good stretch & thought "ok little engine, if you are going to let loose with your welded piston now is the time."

But the engine held together & ran awesome.

But the chaincase broke about 20 some miles into our ride frown

DANG!!

Rooster & wife special K brought us our backup sled with the chase rig & we were back on the trail, it was sad seeing the sno jet ride on the trailer even though it beat me up pretty bad for those 20-some miles grin

We had a great time on the ride though, great time. Muffy might have a picture of the sno-jet in the yard where I was changing plugs just before we left on our ride.

Otherwise I have no photos of it on my camera, I do have a few pictures of other sleds though so I'll maybe post those up tonight.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not quite sure that I am. sick

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess I would be willing to give it a try. crazy

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Here are a few where we are getting ready to leave on our ride (I guess the sno jet picture was on my camera)

[Linked Image]

Dusty pulled the little kids with his sled.

[Linked Image]

last minute plug change.

[Linked Image]

one of our stops.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I stopped to take a picture of this old dead sled along the trail, it had a lot of charactor grin

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2607.jpg[/img]

couple more sleds at our last stop.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2608.jpg[/img]

check out the handy 12 pack storage under the hood on this old cat grin

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2609.jpg[/img]

this was a really neat one.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/100_2610.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have some pictures, I will post them tomorrow.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Rooster,

I'll bet you would change your mind if you tried it. Once you skin the tongue it is just a long, boneless fillet.Really very tasty.

Ron

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ray, my mother used to make Tongue. Not pickled, just plain old tongue. It's realy pretty good. It was a little on the soft side and had a ham like flavor.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I haven't been on a snomobile for close to 30 years now. No old sleds could really beat you up. I understand the newer sleds are much more comfortable to ride.

That was a neat sleigh the kids get to ride in.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That John Deere and the Panther were dang good looking sleds yet. Good shape.

Page 328 of 1,842 1 2 326 327 328 329 330 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 160user, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,025 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.