-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually there are many 8mm rimmed cartridges as the big expenditure on a copy of Cartridges of The World would show you.

You own how many drillings? (AGAIN) you own a Weatherby one?

Your specialty in meaningless semantics takes nothing away from the fact that you are just another bully boy from Milne.

It also does not change the fact that I researched the issue, you did not, thus proving who bothered to dig out the facts and who is just a blowhard.

Save your pinkies as you are going on ignore right now, so have fun talking to you rig pig buddies as I won't be listening.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are you as much of a douche bag in person as your are on the internet? No need to answer, since the answer is so obvious.

Jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldman1942
Actually there are many 8mm rimmed cartridges as the big expenditure on a copy of Cartridges of The World would show you.

You own how many drillings? (AGAIN) you own a Weatherby one?

Your specialty in meaningless semantics takes nothing away from the fact that you are just another bully boy from Milne.

It also does not change the fact that I researched the issue, you did not, thus proving who bothered to dig out the facts and who is just a blowhard.

Save your pinkies as you are going on ignore right now, so have fun talking to you rig pig buddies as I won't be listening.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
you pizz me off oldman. I had a 722 .222 with a 26 in barrel and it would shoot 1/2in all daylong then I like a fool sold itstop reminding of one of my biggest mistakes. grin

Ps: I am older 1937.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hubert, they are still to be found I bought one off this site last year and the 722B I just got from Griffin & Howe. About the same price as a pot metal/sandpaper smooth 700 and will of course appreciate.

Here's a 26" A model with a nice scope that will probably go for under a grand.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=158185856

p.s. never admit your age on here as these punk stalkers would like to see us sent to a home where they could keep us drugged (and silent)(LAFFIN)

Here's an ex benrchrester 722 222 (Shilen bbl and canjar SST) that I rescued a few years ago and threw on some parts I had sitting about. Even with the ancient 20X Lyman it shoots bugholes.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
i doubt age has anything to do with the treatment you recieve on here oldman!

Clint Eastwood: "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was looking at that one eariler today.

I aint skeert of no punk kid. eek

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 722 last summer, made it into a 6x45 and haven't looked back.
extractor broke on the 6th or 7th shot, put a sako on it.
my brother has a 721 in 30-06 that had a safety issue.

I've had better luck with savages so i doubt I'll buy another remington again, collector or not. I know most guys favor them, and you'll probably think me a fool for my position, but in my opinion I'd be a fool to believe the masses and keep buying them after the bad luck I've had.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In forty+ years owning Remington rifles, I have had one extractor break- it broke on the first round in a new gun. Took it back to the dealer and it was exchanged- It did not sour me on Remingtons, no I still have a bunch of 'em -700's 722's are my favorite ctr fire rifles.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Most 722s in 222 Rem. shoot great out of the box, but you can glass bed one and sometimes make it shoot even better..I would sure shoot it before I spent a bundle on it..

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ohiohunter, the treatment I get on this site, when dealing with the adult population, is for the most part energetic debate based on supportable experiences and facts. Among those who were educated when classic debate (rather than self esteem) was the core value of education understand that it is possible to be civil and disagree. Those who were not so educated resort to name calling, off topic insults, posting silly pictures and other such gradeschool playground behavior.
They end up on my ignore list as time wasted on fools is, well....time wasted.

BTW the thread subject is 722s not your analysis of me. (Your MD is from where?)

Where do you place yourself on this continuum?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You criticize others for using the same sort of rude and disrespectful language that you regularly use toward others. Rather than debate a point, you often attack the other person, which is what people who are making false claims usually do when called on their position. What I seriously object to is a guy to spreads bad information, like you have on this post, and makes unsupported claims, like your Springfield Sporter that was made for Townsend Whelen, 'cause somebody who doesn't know any better might make a decision based on this bad information. Regarding the Springfield Sporter, there is a REAL expert in Townsend Whelen who participates on this site. If you let him judge your data and he supports your claim, I will believe it, otherwise I think that you are selling an unsupported story.

If you feel that participating here is a waste of your time, why don't you just go away and contaminate some other site?

I could be wrong, but I don't think that anyone will shed a single tear if you leave and never come back.

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff, I'm sure as well as the 12 others I have on ignore would love to see me leave as they have been 100% unable to "whup" me into line wherein I agree with all their BS. Well here's the bad news, I am not leaving and there isn't a durned thing you can do about it because I deal in facts, can actually admit it when I didn't have 100% correct info, do not post childish pictures and do not use insults and ridicule whenever I can't win a reasoned debate. You would probably poop your Dr. Denton's if you saw how many positive PMs I get every day from people who want to talk without being interrupted by the "brat gang". Happily there is the wonderful ignore button as well as PMs to bypass all the foolish prattle of the ill mannered, immature and uninformed.

BTW, I just got that ad that was on Ebay that shows the 721/2 AC & B. dated 1953. I'd be happy to run a scan of it for any of you who doubt the existence of these rifles.(For only a small charge). A'int it just the pits when somebody has the gen-u-ine Remington ad for something all you "experts" know didn't exist? But then again, what would you expect from a guy whose moniker celebrates a semi-obsolete cartridge. What part of 6.5x55 did you miss while getting your GED?

Do have a wonderful day!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're a horse's ass, so don't ever expect a PM from me, I'd rather "out" you in public. I doubt that anyone PMs you to complain about the "brat gang", 'cause the general consensus is that you are, as I have previously noted, a horse's ass and the purveyor of bad/inaccurate information.

John Lacy knows more about the Remington 720, 721, 722, 725, 700, and 78 series then you'll ever know and since he actually did write THE BOOK, his expertise trumps your bad information all day, every day.

I probably own, today, more 6.5x55s then you have in your entire life. I've shot the 6.5x55 for years and took 1 to Botswana in 1987 as my light rifle, so I doubt that there is anything that you could tell me about the 6.5x55 that I didn't already know. The 260 is to the 6.5x55 what the 7mm-08 is to the 7x57, 2 peas in a pod, and nothing you say can change reality.

Jeff

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
oldman, if you know it all then why are you on this site? i don't know you, but i have read your posts and the posts of others and it would seem that nobody wants/needs your "information". from what i have read, your s.o.p. seems to be that you post something outragious or blatantly false and then cover it up by requesting juvenile "can you name this rifle" games. i have a hard time believing you over the others that have always provided knowledgeable advice and commentary.

Clint Eastwood: "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OH, I am here just to annoy your smartazz. Nothing I have posted in false and anything can be backed up with facts...not playground brat name calling. For example: you post has what to do with 722s? NOTHING! You are just playing attack dog games because you CAN'T "name this rifle" because you DON'T KNOW.

The old saying about forgetting more etc. clearly applies here.

Given your underfunded rustbelt education, here's an easy one: Can you "name this gun"?

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm glad that I kept this as a WORD file, I didn't think that I'd run across another after Lee24.

Identifying a Pathological Liar:

Pathological liars, or "mythomaniacs," may be suffering from histrionic personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder. The following comments basically reflect a pathological liar who has the characteristics of histrionic personality disorder.

Some characteristics:

1. Exaggerates things that are ridiculous.

2. One-upping. Whatever you do, this person can do it better. You will never top them in their own mind, because they have a concerted need to be better than everyone else. This also applies to being right. If you try to confront an individual like this, no matter how lovingly and well-intentioned you might be - this will probably not be effective. It's threatening their fantasy of themselves, so they would rather argue with you and bring out the sharp knives than admit that there's anything wrong with them.

3. They "construct" a reality around themselves. They don't value the truth, especially if they don't see it as hurting anyone. If you call them on a lie and they are backed into a corner, they will act very defensively and say ugly things (most likely but depends on personality), but they may eventually start to act like, "Well, what's the difference? You're making a big deal out of nothing!" (again, to refocus the conversation to your wrongdoing instead of theirs).

4. Because these people don't value honesty, a lot of times they will not value loyalty. So watch what you tell them. They will not only tell others, but they will embellish to make you look worse. Their loyalty is fleeting, and because they are insecure people, they will find solace in confiding to whomever is in their favor at the moment.

5. They may be somewhat of a hypochondriac. This can come in especially useful when caught in a lie, for example, they can claim that they have been sick, or that there's some mysteriously "illness" that has them all stressed out. It's another excuse tool for their behavior.

6. Obviously, they will contradict what they say. This will become very clear over time. They usually aren't smart enough to keep track of so many lies (who would be?).

While you might not (yet) sink to the level of Lee24, you are a horse's ass.

Jeff

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by oldman1942
OH, I am here just to annoy your smartazz. Nothing I have posted in false and anything can be backed up with facts...not playground brat name calling. For example: you post has what to do with 722s? NOTHING! You are just playing attack dog games because you CAN'T "name this rifle" because you DON'T KNOW.

The old saying about forgetting more etc. clearly applies here.

Given your underfunded rustbelt education, here's an easy one: Can you "name this gun"?

[Linked Image]

speaking of oldmen, i wish yours would have just rubbed one out..

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (6mmCreedmoor, Akpilot, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.