24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dunno. I'm certainly no expert. I like tea pretty good. The green kind isn't as good and I have no love for the white tea. Seems like a bunch of folks were pisssed off at both major parties, mainly the liberals and the RINO wing of the Rep party. A lot of it seemed to center around taxes and it seemed very similar to a lot of those guys who were wearing tricorn hats to the Ron Paul rallies. Seems like a lot of the same ideas that Ron Paul has are embraced by the Tea Party people.

I've never heard much deep philosophical stuff linked with it. Seems like they just want less government and less money going to the government. I doubt too many of them are for our extended stays in foreign countries, mainly due to the expense.

It seems like to me if the "leadership" of the Tea Party movement gets overly concerned with keeping "untainted" that they'll be very similar to the two parties we currently have to contend with-all party and no positive action.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, it is the Tea Party that has infiltrated the Republican Party and the RINOs don't like it. You'll see some try to claim Tea Party affiliation to save their skins, but this is a RINO hunt and it is going to take awhile. You don't just change a party over night.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, professor.....Glenn Beck is on now and he's hammering D Medina about her 'troofer' stance. grin

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
loony toons time again.

This is what I was talking about in my earlier thread. No offense meant Hawk, but you got 2 of these things going right now.

Everything is not a conspiracy.

JM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally, the Tea Party movement was an angry reaction against globalist neoconism in the Republican Party, and Wilsonian progressivism in the Democrat Party, i.e., big government internationalism in both parties.

Once again political naivete at work, confusing the national geopolitical interest with the "globalism" one government scare tactic, when what they really mean is Isolationism, a failed strategy that never worked and never will. The United States has, since it's inception had a hand in international issues and while I fully admit our track record also reflects political naivete (as in trying to turn tribal based societies into western-style democracies) any nation that has ever attempted isolationism loses out in the end. And BTW, in virtually every TP rally I saw on the news, there was clear and complete support for our war against Islamo-facism. So much for isolationists...jorge

Last edited by jorgeI; 02/16/10.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that'll play well in Texas....back to single digits

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
loony toons time again.

This is what I was talking about in my earlier thread. No offense meant Hawk, but you got 2 of these things going right now.

Everything is not a conspiracy.

JM

Loony and toons? Those 2 things? grin

SteveNO....she's falling like a rock.

Last edited by Stan V; 02/16/10.

All American

All the time
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
a troofer political consultant was a strange representative of the tea party folks anyway

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The United States has, since it's inception had a hand in international issues and while I fully admit our track record also reflects political naivete (as in trying to turn tribal based societies into western-style democracies) any nation that has ever attempted isolationism loses out in the end.

Since you make that concession, I'll make one as well.

To an extent, I believe we do have to play a part in international affairs as well as have a military presence overseas. It's the part where we go overboard protecting every whiny piss-ant country around or let our not so intelligent intelligence departments stick their nose in the affairs of foreign countries.

Where we probably differ is to what extent we should be involved. In my opinion, we'd be a lot further ahead if we scaled back about 80-90% of our overseas efforts.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
In my opinion, we'd be a lot further ahead if we scaled back about 80-90% of our overseas efforts.
No doubt an opinion that is shared by most of the worlds dictators and jihadists.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
a troofer political consultant was a strange representative of the tea party folks anyway
Medina was asked if she believed 9/11 was an inside job. She said, essentially, that while many have raised some legitimate questions concerning that event, she has not investigated those questions, and has no position one way or the other. Beck gave the definite impression that he took that to mean that she was a troofer, which was absurd. It only meant she doesn't dismiss the possibility out of hand.

I have said the same thing many times over the years on this question. You cannot prove a negative, and considering the potential toward evil that exists among men in power, it is certainly within the realm of possibility. Who would have ever thought, after all, that the US Government would have performed the Tuskegee Experiment, where hundreds of black men who were diagnosed with syphilis were told they only suffered from "bad blood," and were never treated, because they wanted to have hundreds of bodies of men who died from untreated syphilis on which to perform experimental autopsies?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
The United States has, since it's inception had a hand in international issues and while I fully admit our track record also reflects political naivete (as in trying to turn tribal based societies into western-style democracies) any nation that has ever attempted isolationism loses out in the end.

Since you make that concession, I'll make one as well.

To an extent, I believe we do have to play a part in international affairs as well as have a military presence overseas. It's the part where we go overboard protecting every whiny piss-ant country around or let our not so intelligent intelligence departments stick their nose in the affairs of foreign countries.

Where we probably differ is to what extent we should be involved. In my opinion, we'd be a lot further ahead if we scaled back about 80-90% of our overseas efforts.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. As a believer in Social Darwinism, I don't believe in nation building unless it's in our national interest. The tough question is who defines "national interest". To me presently signifies do whatever it takes to keep our country strong and prosperous and kill our enemies. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Medina was asked if she believed 9/11 was an inside job. She said, essentially, that while many have raised some legitimate questions concerning that event, she has not investigated those questions, and has no position one way or the other. Beck gave the definite impression that he took that to mean that she was a troofer, which was absurd. It only meant she doesn't dismiss the possibility out of hand.

I have said the same thing many times over the years on this question. You cannot prove a negative, and considering the potential toward evil that exists among men in power, it is certainly within the realm of possibility. Who would have ever thought, after all, that the US Government would have performed the Tuskegee Experiment, where hundreds of black men who were diagnosed with syphilis were told they only suffered from "bad blood," and were never treated, because they wanted to have hundreds of bodies of men who died from untreated syphilis on which to perform experimental autopsies?

if you even insinuate the possibility it was an inside job, you are well on your way to kookery. jorge

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
if you even insinuate the possibility it was an inside job, you are well on your way to kookery. jorge
Yeah, treachery among men in positions of power should never be considered. I guess we should just ignore the many warnings over the centuries from prominent Americans from the Founding Fathers, to Abe Lincoln, to Eisenhower, and uncounted others, then. As for me, I am always open to its potential among men in power, and will always look at evidence for or against it dispassionately.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To me presently signifies do whatever it takes to keep our country strong and prosperous and kill our enemies. jorge

I really don't believe that much differently.

I just feel we're better served maintaining our economic superiority, both home and abroad, than we are using those resources protecting the borders of allies fully capable of doing it on there own.

I think it was Isaac who recently posted a satellite view of both N and S Korea at night. The South was lit up like a Christmas tree while the North was a desolate blanket of black. Now why are we spending Billions of US dollars protecting the border for South Korea, who is prospering, against it's Northern neighbors who not only lack sufficient energy supplies but routinely lose thousands if not millions of it's citizens a year due to starvation?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
I just feel we're better served maintaining our economic superiority, both home and abroad, than we are using those resources protecting the borders of allies fully capable of doing it on there own.

I think it was Isaac who recently posted a satellite view of both N and S Korea at night. The South was lit up like a Christmas tree while the North was a desolate blanket of black. Now why are we spending Billions of US dollars protecting the border for South Korea, who is prospering, against it's Northern neighbors who not only lack sufficient energy supplies but routinely lose thousands if not millions of it's citizens a year due to starvation?
+1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
North Korea is not just a threat to South Korea. Surely you've seen that....it's been in all the papers.

we have about 30K troops in Korea largely as a symbolic deterrent, since the Norks know they can't invade without getting a full US reprisal, while the SoKos have more than 600K active duty and 4.5 million reservists, out of a much much smaller population.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even though I was in the AF, I spent some time on a boat in the Sea of Japan staring at N Korea. They had junk then and I'm sure if I read a Jane's Weekly, they wouldn't have improved a whole hell of a lot.

In any event, 30k troops costs a hell of a lot of money. Especially when you figure we've been there for decades. I'm sure S Korea can make their own symbolic gestures and do it on their own dime.

Same goes for Japan if the North decides they want to test the waters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
30K is chump change in the big scheme of things especially when you consider the % of GDP we spent during the Cold War years and we didn't blink an eye or go broke either. NK has the CHICOMS behind them and we were there as a deterrent during the Cold War years. Surely you didn't object to that then? What is killing us are entitlements, big government, over-regulation and kookery over "going green". jorge

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
In my opinion, we'd be a lot further ahead if we scaled back about 80-90% of our overseas efforts.
No doubt an opinion that is shared by most of the worlds dictators and jihadists.

Only the ones that we're not funding this year.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
837 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 3,281 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,283
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.