Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I am looking at 2 Rifles made by Birmingham Small Arms company in England. They are 90%+ guns, 1 243 and 1 30/06. I have the Blue Book of gun values and they are not in it. Does anyone have reference to these guns? Or values?
If You have any onfo PM me with a value or information on which book has the values.

Thanks

BP-B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If they look a little like Weatherby's, the model is called BSA CF2. They were of and a medium prioced rifle in the 70's.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There have been numerous importers of BSA rifles over the years. If the rifles in queston are marked Herters Mod: U9 , They have been imported by Herters.

Ithaca imported the model CF-2 in the middle to late 70's but only in 7mm Rem Mag and .300 Win Mag.

Eagle Arms apparently imported them at some point. There is a used one at a local gun shop in 7mm Mag.

According to the Blue Book of Gun Values, at one time they were imported by BSA of Grand Prarie, Tx.

And Samco Global Arms imported them until 1989.

I believe that about then BSA ceased manufacturing centerfire rifles. Last I know, they were being manufactured by a firm in Turkey, with no US importer.

Biggest problem with them, IMO is a crappy trigger. My gunsmith couldn't seem to do much with it. I owned one at one time .284 Win, and also a .30-06 and a .222 Rem Mag.

Hope the above is of some help to you...

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by witdog2020
I have the Blue Book of gun values and they are not in it. Does anyone have reference to these guns? Or values?

Look in the Blue Book of Gun Values under BSA. They are in there.

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The section for BSA in the Blue Book is not in the correct position alphabetically. Look in the book in both directions from where you think it should be, it's in there.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
IC B2

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Were BSA rifles built on Mauser actions made elsewhere, not in England?

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The newer CF2 BSA rifles had a push feed action but the old rifles from 60's back had a controlled round feed action similar to a 98 but with BSA's crazy looking bolt shroud. Older ones are often referred to as Monarchs. I think BSA built them in England.
dan

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by dsducati
The newer CF2 BSA rifles had a push feed action but the old rifles from 60's back had a controlled round feed action similar to a 98 but with BSA's crazy looking bolt shroud. Older ones are often referred to as Monarchs. I think BSA built them in England.
dan

Thanks for the info.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Hey yep they are in there thanks fellers. I'm gonna try to get these bought, they are very nice lookin rifles.

Thanks

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMB

That sounds like the Whitworth Mausers that were imported by Interarms. They were Zastava Mausers made in Yugoslavia that were tuned up and modified in England.

Parker Hale may have done something similar. I suppose it's possible that BSA may even have done it too, but most BSA rifles were made on BSA actions in England.

IC B3

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by DMB

That sounds like the Whitworth Mausers that were imported by Interarms. They were Zastava Mausers made in Yugoslavia that were tuned up and modified in England.

Parker Hale may have done something similar. I suppose it's possible that BSA may even have done it too, but most BSA rifles were made on BSA actions in England.

Thank you.
That's what I was thinking about when I asked the question. Parker Hale was the company, not BSA.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
637 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 67 invisible), 2,794 guests, and 1,421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.