Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi there;

Some little questions about the savage scout 10FCM model rifle:

The rifle is provided with LER scout mount base (weaver / Piccatiny style) and peep sight on the back of the receiver.

Is-it possible to change that peep sight for some kind of weaver bases in order to obtain a rifle that can be equipped with scout mount and receiver riding standard scope either ?

Additional question, as synthetic stocks are unusual to me: is it possible to adapt the stock's length in order to fit the user's size (cutting, using spacers OSLT).

Thanks for reading.

Va t'in tch�re !
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You can remove the peep sight and the rail and mount a scope conventionally. I dont think it is possible to do this and keep the rail. I used to have one and did this. I put regular open sights on the barrel where the rail was attached and it worked fine. I used Weaver rings and bases so I could remove the scope easily and use the back up irons if needed.

I quickly found I did not care for the scout scope mounting system and when set up conventionally I had better rifle choices. I put everything back the way it came from Savage and sold mine.

Can't be much help on the stock.

Last edited by JMR40; 03/05/10. Reason: fixed typo

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the comment JMR.

In fact I look for the scout mount for driven hunt purpose and standard mount for stalking / low light condition. I would like to be able to switch from one to another and possibily use a back up ghost ring attachable on the rail base.

Is it not possible to put a mount base instead of the fixed peep sight and use the forward scout mount as a forward base for a standard above receiver scope mount (keep scout mount, add a rail base behind the receiver's window, use the scout base rail for forward scope mounting and use the rear part of the scout base rail and the receiver base rail for standard scope mount)?

Va t'in tch�re !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,246
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.