Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

A vote for RP is a vote for BHO. How many here are willing to do that?

I voted for McCain, but the GOP sounded its death-knell when they fielded him as a candidate. I have to say that Jason B made some good points about McCain's past and gun control. There is also the fact that McCain has went against the Rep party so many times and actually seemed to revel in the publicity generated by it. It's difficult to get the rank-and-file behind such a guy and also doesn't help the credibility of organizations such as the NRA or the Republican Party itself, when all of a sudden he is the second coming of Ronald Reagan when a couple of weeks previously he was a badder dude than Teddy Kennedy.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by Stan V
Well, fencing Detroit and a few other inner cities might send a message. Closing 1/2 Kansas City public schools is another plan I'm loving. Demonstrate where liberalism has failed and why, then pointing it out is a start....and if someone wants to whine and complain (unions, teachers) let them pony up the money from their retirement funds and not risk tax payor cash any longer. But, leave the military alone.

I'm seeing a break from the Crazy 9 leadership....is there a coup taking place? grin

I voted for McCain and the Kansas City you are talking about is in Missouri. The last I knew, Kansas ranked something like fourth overall in educational achievement, whereas Texas ranked seventh. Though they are both way above average, my math puts Kansas ahead of Texas in that area. Of course personally, I didn't ride the short bus, so YMMV Stan.

I didn't make up Kansas City considering closing 1/2 their public schools.....it's another flashing billboard of liberalism failure. I don't care where the liberal program is failing, except that it's failing and was the purpose of my post....foreskin face. grin

You've had your fun with the Stan troll, but it's time to give it up now. Some things run their course.

I didn't say you made up Kansas City considering closing half of their schools, I said the Kansas City you're talking about is in Missouri, not my own state. Kansas City is a large metropolitan area that was once larger than any metro area in Texas but was fenced in by all the towns around it, including Independence which was once bigger than it was. It has all the problems of the typical urban inner city, including huge, bloated schools which wouldn't be feasible nor cost-effective anywhere regardless of an area with the typical urban tensions due to minorities, poverty, lower intelligence, etc. The answer is what it has been all along, break it up into smaller districts and get some better administrators who it turn, will hire some better teachers and adjunct faculty. Sadly, the trend is the opposite of that led by assclownish business types who loudly proclaim that they should take over from duly certified educational types because their business model will produce better results. This has been tried in the past and was no more effective, that I'm aware of, than the educational model it replaced.

At any rate, the Stan troll was a good one while it lasted, but the jig is up. You should just pack it in.

I never said the state in which the Kansas City public school shut down is proposed....it didn't matter. What mattered is the liberal program failed and failed hugely. That's what needs to be highlighted and anything/everything liberal/progressive, etc. Simply giving you some ideas from your first post to his highness....you try to keep up little one. Perhaps waiting to hear from some more devout RPeeer's THEN commenting will be easier?

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bwaaaahahhahaaa The troll is still funny, but it's only funny because everybody knows it's a troll. Again, you better just pack it in before somebody outs you.

Liberalism in the Kansas City public schools...hmm, what programs are you talking about? What exactly went wrong up there? Care to expound? I'd certainly like to hear your ideas.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually I was just kidding about that last.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Also, I'm not a devout RP'er. I happen to think he was better than the rest of those who had a prayer of making the cut in the last primaries, but that's a pretty easy field. Teal makes some good points about him and if I'm not mistaken, RP was his congressman for awhile, though I've never seen him say this.

RP has some good ideas and the OP in his disagreement with Dr. Paul, actually makes a very good case for him and takes the wind out of the sails of many who feel RP is not pragmatic enough.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually I was just kidding about that last.

Well, you RPeeer's can be confusing when it comes to kidding, when I think you must be, you're not, when I think you're not, you are.....pretty much have you all figured out now. The entertainment value is massive! grin

You just google up and study up on those mean old KC schools and see where they done wrong,amigo. Or, maybe they just need mo money?

By now you MUST have gotten some PM's from RP CIC to hep you out!

Last edited by Stan V; 03/08/10.

All American

All the time
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You are aware that he typically runs for nomination in the Republican Party, right? He's a Republican.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I am. But you knew that already. Given the choices presented so far by the Republican establishment, a vote for any of them would be a vote for Obm@. At least Ron Paul has ideas that are in line with what the Founder's delineated in the Constitution, and that's worth my vote.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I am aware he is a Republican duly elected to and now serving in the House representing a district somewhere in Texas.

This is good. He should keep that seat and prosper. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. What I meant to convey was that a vote for RP as President is a vote to reelect President BHO.

I wish RP every success as Congressman and would vote for him if I was in his district.

A vote for RP for President is a vote to reelect President BHO. Does ANYONE disagree with that simple statement? Names please.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mike762

I am. But you knew that already. Given the choices presented so far by the Republican establishment, a vote for any of them would be a vote for Ob@m@. At least Ron Paul has ideas that are in line with what the Founder's delineated in the Constitution, and that's worth my vote.
+1

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

I am. But you knew that already. Given the choices presented so far by the Republican establishment, a vote for any of them would be a vote for Ob@m@. At least Ron Paul has ideas that are in line with what the Founder's delineated in the Constitution, and that's worth my vote.

===========

He's a pard Bob so count to 10 or move on to other things!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I am aware he is a Republican duly elected to and now serving in the House representing a district somewhere in Texas.

This is good. He should keep that seat and prosper. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. What I meant to convey was that a vote for RP as President is a vote to reelect President BHO.

I wish RP every success as Congressman and would vote for him if I was in his district.

A vote for RP for President is a vote to reelect President BHO. Does ANYONE disagree with that simple statement? Names please.
Of course I disagree with it. If Ron Paul is the Republican nominee for president, how is voting for him the same as voting for Obama?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac

===========

He's a pard Bob so count to 10 or move on to other things!!
Spanokopitas is your pard, therefore folks need to leave him alone?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
HUH? Trouble keeping up again?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
HUH? Trouble keeping up again?
Try making sense, for once. Is he your pard or not? Pard is slang for partner. You guys law partners?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And a vote for McCain or any other GOP candidate is a vote for big govt and massive spending.

Pick your poison or as most of you say, "the lesser of the 2 poisons"(as if it makes a difference).

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He's speaking of me Hawk. Bob and I are friends, but we sometimes disagree on political and economic theory.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As in issac [ Bob ] talking to himself , not you , Hawk .

Get it now ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's obvious that Ron Paul's message is intended for the generations which will come of age *after* the collapse.

The current above age 30 set has been dumbed down to doing nothing but playing Democrats vs. Republicans, and for the most part, have no understanding of the dynamics in play which are pushing this country towards the cliff.

Future generations will have their perspective formed at the bottom of the cliff.

Playing Democrats vs. Republicans will be folly to them,..as it should be.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
While one can say you are pure when it comes to your ideaology Barak, the same could have been said of Genghis Kahn, I'm sure. If this country ever goes completely belly-up, it won't be because we extended welfare benefits to a few of our own people, regardless of how lazy they may be. It will go belly up because we refused to police our own borders as well as even welcoming people from other countries while extending them all the benefits of the long-time citizen and even more.

Khan.

You missed my point.

My point is not that the non-productive class should have their entitlements jerked abruptly away from them.

That might well--as you say--turn out to be very unwise.

But it wouldn't be wrong. Wrong is what's happening now--victimizing the productive to subsidize the non-productive.

Policies are merely policies. What I'm interested in is Paul's essential moral compass, regardless of what his policies turn out to be. And he seems to be operating from the perspective that it would be not merely unwise or impolitic, but actively immoral to put an abrupt end to the government piracy that's been going on for over half a century.

I'm impressed by Ron Paul and what he says and does, for the most part. I donated to his campaign two years ago and I'll donate again if he runs. But he's a politician. Politicians lie. The best indicator of what a politician will do is not what he says, but what he believes. Therefore politicians do everything they can to generalize and hide their true beliefs.

But one of Paul's core beliefs--that stealing from the productive to give to the non-productive is morally acceptable, and ceasing to steal is morally questionable--accidentally showed here, and I think that's important to remember.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 62 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.