Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I note that this old company is now out of business. Wikipedia merely states "The Ray Riling Arms Book Co. no longer remains in the mail order business."

rayrilingarmsbooks.com is no longer on line.

There were multiple claims of fraudulent activity against the company since last August.

Sad end for such a fine old outfit, the preeminent sporting book dealer of the last century.

Does anyone hear know of details?

Jim

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Hmm. Some followup from Larry Skennerton's site:

Larry Riling of Ray Riling Arms Books advised us in November that he had declared bankruptcy with prime assets such as his apartment in Bridgeport PA under foreclosure. This is a sad end to a fine tradition commenced by his grandfather, Ray Riling, decades ago, and carried on my his late father Joe. Larry was absent from the last Tulsa OK show.
More recent news however is more concerning... revealing substantial unpaid debts to many publishers & booksellers. Larry's www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com appears to be closed down, a more recent Amazon site www.amazon.com/shops/buckscountybooks2893 seems to have much of Larry's stock, maybe set up in another name? Buyers need to exercise caution before sending funds to Riling, links have been removed from our Recommended Websites page. A Google or Yahoo search for 'ray riling arms books' will show many disgruntled customers who sent money and received no books or explanation. See the internet ripoffreport, complaintsboard, &c. for more details. Caveat emptor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am sorry to hear this. I have purchased several books from them over the years.

Steve

S
S
Don't look now, Ray Riling Arms Books Co. is still listed on the internet as doing business only from a new city. The street address is the same, 6844 Gorsten St. and it lists the same phone numbers, even the same web address of www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com, only this time it is not in Philadelphia, PA 19119, this time the street address is in Schnecksville, PA 18078.

A google search of that address yields no such address (surprised?) in Schnecksville, PA, only 2 listings to Ray Riling Arms Books Co., Inc.
Seems like "Larry" is still trying to use his Grandpa's name to bait in shoppers. He got $77.90 by cashing my Sept. 20, 2009 check to Ray Riling Arms Book Co., Inc. and delivering no goods. Bankruptcy lets you do that legally, you know.

Bankruptcy hasn't prevented him from continuing business (same name, same phone numbers, same web address, only a new city) as usual, now did it?

Some folks just can't resist an easy buck.
Beware.

S
S
As a followup to last night's post by myself, further attempts to navigate to the Schnecksville, PA site for Ray Riling Arms Books Co., Inc. were unsuccessful, so it seems he has abandoned that location as well.
There sure are a lot of "Buckscountybooks" offered on Amazon, even ones that I have already paid for and not received.
Thanks for the heads up on Buckscountybooks.
I will have trouble trusting Buck's with my bucks.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.