Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For 6k I'd imagine one could stack a bunch of good looking 99's like cord wood....

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cue oldman1942 and his claims of owning a baker's dozen.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Any hunting rifle I own is going hunting. I'd be afraid to take that one to the woods so I don't have a need for it. Maybe if I had enough money to be able to afford something like that, I wouldn't mind banging around in the woods with it.

Aim for the exit hole.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That one's got nothing on this :
[Linked Image]

R93 Imperial, Special Edition,Deep Relief, 416 Rem
Current Bid $0.00 No Reserve! Started at $189,999.99
Buy Now ! for $189,999.99

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Way too nice to take knocking around in the woods.

grinBULLCRAP!!!! grin My Sharps is worth more than that and I hunt with it!! Rain,snow,fall down the mountain...these rifle were MADE to hunt! Do ya have a gorgeous wife or gurlfriend and NOT get down and dirty with her????? grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I'm not worried about resale value in that situation.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shootem

http://www.empirerifles.com/Empire%2099%20Carbine.htm

[Linked Image]

Empire 99 Carbine, Professional Grade, with options including
Special Selection "Grade 5" Walnut, Cape buffalo horn forend tip, half octagon barrel, jeweled bolt, rust bluing.

The Empire 99 Carbine is a complete custom rifle built on a vintage Savage 99 action. The action is cleaned, polished and trued. A match-grade barrel is mated to the action, and a custom walnut stock is made to your specifications.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As with all of our rifles, accuracy is guaranteed: Your Empire 99 Carbine will place three shots of factory hunting ammunition under 1" at 100 yards.

Empire Rifles has dramatically altered the dimensions of the stock, raising the comb for proper alignment of the eye with the scope sight, and slimming the wrist for a more sure grip.

The rifle includes XXX Walnut Stock, LOP to spec; Cheekpiece With Shadowline; 24 LPI Deluxe Checkering; Match Grade Stainless Steel Barrel, length to spec; Weatherproof Coating on metal (lever case colored or finished to spec); plus Scope Rings. Most Empire Rifle options available, including sights, bluing, and engraving.

The rifle is also offered in a Mannlicher "Full Stock" configuration.

Available Calibers: 243 Win; 250-3000 Savage; 260 Rem; 7-08 Rem; 300 Savage; 308 Win; 338 Federal; 358 Win.

Price from $5,875.00.

AWESOME!!!!! WOW!!!
That thing is good enough to sleep with...[Linked Image]

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
shootem: I like the way you improved the curve of the grip (more harmonious (an old Alvin Linden terminology) don't you see? ) by creating the beaded step behind the tang. I'd hunt the hell out of that rifle and not worry a bit about re-sale. That would be some one else's concern after I die. If tools were meant to be all Plain Janes, Snap On would never sell another wrench and all mechanics would only own Craftsman.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shootem,

Congrats on trumping the nostalgia crowd who want everything to stay as Granndpa found it. That is an emminently huntable design and IMO a vast improvement in aesthetics too over the original.

Anyone wanting to reintroduce the 99 and make a go of it in the modern market place could learn a lot from you guys.

Now, what are doing Ruger #1s?

1B

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Very nice. I would have no problem hunting with it. At 6K it would most definitely be my only gun.. probably. I'm sure they could fix or replace whatever one would mess up on it.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Safe Queen. Got no use for it.

It is very nice, but that is the problem. And 6K?

Ouch. A man could buy alot of good shooting irons or go hunt out west or Alaska with 6K.

JM

Again .... wrong.

If I had 6K to burn, I'd hunt it. Love purdy rifles .... love huntin' them more.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Even if affordable, that kind of wood better belongs on a nice piece of (INDOOR) furniture or other in-home decor (desk, coffee table, book shelving, wall trimming, wood paneling, bed frame and posts, dinette sets, gun cabinet, etc & etc.

If one wishes to spend 6K or alot more on a (PRETTY) and/or engraved rifle, then go for it. For myself however, it`s a big waste of money! One accidental slip up or fall resulting in a ding or scratch on a beautiful wood stock would sicken me. So, I avoid that problem to begin with!

I`ll take a far lesser expensive scratch proof, ding proof, warp proof and far less attractive rifle on hunts, without having to baby the thing and/or constantly having to protect it.

More of a safe queen rifle!!!

The oooooohs and aaaaaaws from others simply isn`t worth it!!!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by avagadro
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Safe Queen. Got no use for it.

It is very nice, but that is the problem. And 6K?

Ouch. A man could buy alot of good shooting irons or go hunt out west or Alaska with 6K.

JM

Again .... wrong.

If I had 6K to burn, I'd hunt it. Love purdy rifles .... love huntin' them more.

Avagordo,

If you bought it for me, I wouldn't keep it. I don't think you would enjoy telling me what to buy either.

Just an FYI.

So, if it's my money we're talking about, you couldn't be more wrong.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
If someone gave it to me, I'd hunt it. Anyone that knows me well enough to give me a gun knows that I use anything I have and would want me to.

If I had the scratch to pizz away that kind of cash on a rifle (don't think I ever will), I'm not sure that's what I would do with it. If I did, I would hunt it.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The butt styling is too "busy;" the forend is "clubby." One of the main attractions of old 99's is the slim stocks and schnable forends. For that kind of money you could buy several collector grade Savages.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Someone giving me a rifle like that is one thing and I`d certainly hunt with it. But paying thousands of dollars for one out of my own pocket is totally another matter!!!...........No thanks!!!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
i dont get what the big deal is with all these fancy rifles that cost you thousands and thousands of dollars. their is NO way i would ever spend that kind of money on a rifle that i would be affraid to scratch or take hunting. its retarted!! your pretty much paying tons and tons of money for you just to say "i have a rifle that costs as much as your car" and you will look at it every once in a while. Who cares!!!! some people just blow their money on stupid stuff. if you want to have a fancy gun, buy a rifle and do all the custom stuff your self and really take your time on it and make it your own. then you will actually have something that you can be proud of and people migh actually care. it will proble take you a long time to do it but when its all done it will mean more to you and you will appreciate it more than any other rifle you just payed a butt load of cash for just to look at every once in a while.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I really want a clean 99, but the Empire custom is way beyond my billfold... Way cool, though!

μολὼν λαβέ
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Stocker & 1B. I'd like to take credit for the design and work but I just came across it online. But ain't it purty. As to the comments about safe queen, not worth it, etc. I promise you, if I was in that income range that's the wood I'd hunt with. Never was attracted to ugly women either even though I'm sure....well, you get the picture.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i can understand a "collector" wanting such a rifle, but i can't see a "hunter" owning one. unless he wants to be a collector too. i'd take a re-worked 99 with a decent piece of walnut and hunt the heck out of it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 18 invisible), 1,268 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.