Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I've got a BRNO ZKM-611 22 mag and was looking for rings to mount a 3-9x32 1" scope. I've got some Millet medium Angle-locs but they're fairly high and I am looking for something lower. Millet doesn't make lows, only mediums and highs as far as I know. Looks like CZ-550 rings are 19mm dovetails, but they have a recoil lug on the rear ring that would need to be ground off. Anyone know of anything else out there?

GB1

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Leupold ringmounts do not have the lug, and are quite good looking, IMNSHO.

[Linked Image]

Brownells has them http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=43044/pid=7848/sku/1__Med__1__Ht__fits_CZ_527__Matte

John

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Thanks John. I'm going to look into those.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are welcome (but do check that these are the correct ones and I did not make a mistake -- Brno has 16 and 19mm dovetails if I recall correctly.

Could be these too (although I think these are the ones with the recoil lug), perhaps?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=43045/sku/1__Med__1__Ht__fits_CZ_550__Matte

Anyway, just phone the friendly folk at Brownells if you in any doubt!

John

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Millet angle locks are junk.
I use BKL's for 19 mm dovetails.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

IC B2

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I wasn't real thrilled with the angle-locks myself, they came with the gun. Pardon my ignorance, but what are BKLs?

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I have a brno 601 with the 19mm dovetail and it's a real pain to find rings.

Burris make some with the recoil lug (which I need) but they are not low.

CZ USA sell a 19mm to weaver rail adaptor but then you add weight, clutter up your ejection port and it costs $75.

The current rings I have (no recoil lug hence upgrading to the burris ones) are parker hale. They have a recoil lug in the middle of the ring but I just ground that off.

There is a brand of rings that comes with a built in rail mount, all the mounting screws are hidden, I can't quite remember the name but it starts with u, urieal, unilever??? something like that.

Also rare as rocking horse sh*t factory brno/cz rings.

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Thanks landcruiser guy. I found some medium Warnes (.425" from the top of the base to the bottom of the scope tube) at Brownell's yesterday that I'm going to try. Their customer service guy said they were friction fit only - no recoil lug. The ZKM-611 has a groove at the back of the 19mm rail for a recoil lug on the rear ring, but since its just a .22 mag, I'm hoping the friction fit will be sufficient. Was hoping to find something lower but this is the lowest I've found so far. Not a ton of options out there.

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Thanks DMB. I looked at BKL's web site and didn't see anything that fit 19mm dovetails. Probably operator error on my part but for some reason I couldn't find them. Where do you buy your BKL products?

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ndtinker
Thanks landcruiser guy. I found some medium Warnes (.425" from the top of the base to the bottom of the scope tube) at Brownell's yesterday that I'm going to try. Their customer service guy said they were friction fit only - no recoil lug. The ZKM-611 has a groove at the back of the 19mm rail for a recoil lug on the rear ring, but since its just a .22 mag, I'm hoping the friction fit will be sufficient. Was hoping to find something lower but this is the lowest I've found so far. Not a ton of options out there.

No worries! The clamping action of the Warnes (or Leupold) ringmounts is fine for .338 Win Mag at least (I have seen 4 with this setup). Might be marginal for .375 H&H... but you will have no problems!

I think the Warnes are kind of ugly compared to the Leupold rings, but they both work well functionally.

John

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
John - I guess I don't find the looks of the Warnes objectionable. That along with the price difference ($56 for the Warnes vs. $90 for the Leupolds) made my decision. Thanks for the links yesterday. I found the Warnes at Brownell's after following the link you posted for the Leupolds. I appreciate the help.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ndtinker:

Just personal taste -- and I sure have no monopoly on that! smile

Furthermore, I did not know that the Warnes were so much more reasonably priced than the Leupold. Good to know!

John

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Originally Posted by ndtinker

The burris rings I have on order are part number 420130 and are .480 high. I am sure they will be fine without the recoil lug but if you wanted to be fussy about it you could push the front ring all the way forward for recoil protection. This is what I have done but with the short tube leupold I am using it makes the eye relief a little too far forward hence upgrading to the burris rings with the recoil lug.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 42 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.