Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I was looking around the web at dot and holographic sights recently, and ventured onto the Bushnell site. I could find no mention of the Holosight. Looking at some optics retailers, I saw "This item has been discontinued" on several. One or two listed a couple of Holos still in inventory, but not many. Has Bushnell abandoned the Holosight? Inquiring minds want to know...

"It is, I think, going to be a very harsh and unpleasant kind of business...and will, I think, require an extremely harsh and unpleasant kind of man to see to it." [Martha McCandles (Maureen O'Hara) speaking of Jacob McCandles (John Wayne) in "Big Jake"]
GB1

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
That's interesting info. I wasn't aware that Bushnell has terminated production of the Holosight.
EOTech holosights are still in production, so you can get one of them if you are interested. I have two EOTech Holosights, a model 512 and a 552. Both operated on two AA cells. The 512 is close in size to the one Bushnell had been making.
EOTech designed the Holosight that Bushnell was making.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Probably competitive issues. The Holosight was basically an Eotech without the metal shroud. I have a holosight and dang is it a wonderful tool.

Hunt Africa while you can
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
someone said Bushnell hologsight was made by EOtech.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I heard bushnells contract through eotech was up and they were not allowed or not interested in renewing it so its done. I have a new xlp holosiite I would trade for an regular model if anyone is interested. Dean

IC B2

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by eyeguy
I heard bushnells contract through eotech was up and they were not allowed or not interested in renewing it so its done. I have a new xlp holosiite I would trade for an regular model if anyone is interested. Dean

Dean,

That's good info, about Bushnell's contract with EOTech being over.
I do know that about 5 years ago, EOTech was bought by a guy in New York, and things seemed to change with him taking the reins. A close family friend worked as the EOTecr marketing and sales Rep for Europe. When he returned to the states after being there for 3 years, at the time the new owner took over, he left EOTech and is now working for another company. Not sure if the new owner caused his move, but it may have had something to do with it.
As far as I know today, and I may not be current, EOTech is the only true Holosight being made. The others are Red Dot sights. EOTech sights are parallax free from 22 yards to infinity. Red Dots all have parallax, some less than others, like the Aimpoint which is probably the best of the Red Dots.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Hawker
someone said Bushnell hologsight was made by EOtech.

No, Bushnell's Holosight was designed by EOTech, and Bushnell had it built under license from EOTech in Taiwan, IIRC.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 3,078 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.