Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
In a time crunch here and I want a barrel in less than three months. Who can do it? 9.3/#4.

BP-B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think your options are limited to Lilja, Pac-Nor, Shilen and Douglas. Krieger doesn't make a 9.3 in that contour in stainless. Bartlein, Brux, and Hart don't make them period. I'd probably lean toward Lilja since I have a .375 H&H with a lilja barrel that shoots tiny groups. I think Lilja could probably do it in under your time frame.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Pac-Nor.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have good luck with Pacnor for quality and fast turnaround.

NRA Benefactor member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PacNor

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I can testify that Lilja makes a really good 9.3 barrel, but Pac-Nor also makes good barrels and is often quicker.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
my preference would be Lilja. I've had nothing but stellar results with them (all in the .338-.375 range).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd slam dunko be calling Gary Schneider right now!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have only used Lothar Walthar barrels for the last 10 years, and I am not sure they even have SS barrels, but if they did then that is what I would use..otherwise I would opt for a Lilja or Pac Nor.

However you must understand that the 9.3s are very "nostalgic cartridges" and protected by the Red Gods of hunting and if you use a stainless steel barrel and a plastic stock your on your own..The Gods will probably have you howling at the moon and chasing rabbits, you may become a pervert and partake in sodomy and child molestation under their curse..Its risky business and you have been forewarned! I would recommend you reconsider! smile smile

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Hate to,maybe,seal this guys fate but:

From Lothar Walthar:
"Our Stainless Steel is of a very special type which will give longer barrel life and can be used in all contours".

From their reamer list:
9.3x62

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atkinson

However you must understand that the 9.3s are very "nostalgic cartridges" and protected by the Red Gods of hunting and if you use a stainless steel barrel and a plastic stock your on your own..The Gods will probably have you howling at the moon and chasing rabbits, you may become a pervert and partake in sodomy and child molestation under their curse..Its risky business and you have been forewarned! I would recommend you reconsider! smile smile

WOW, NOW I UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
i might suggest that you contact mark chanlyn in colorodo mark only makes stainless barrels and i will tell you this some may be making as good a barrels as hin but none are better but he only runs barrel at certian time for calibers so he might be on 22 caliber and could be month before he will run that caliber but you might try dave gentrys son as he stocks a good many of markks barrel and iam not sure he even make a 0,3 barrel i wil tell you this i own two 9,3 original husvarna rifles on 98 actions and amercian flat missed the boat on this caliber its as good as it get for medium size game from my exprience i woild never give up my 375 but i would never give up my 9.3 either reciol is milder and it kills out of reason gor what it is oh grafs it the best place to get brass has been my exprience also

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
hey phil i really like you case on what is enough gun for stopping a bear i dont mean to one up you but i stopped a big brown with a 7x57 years ago was fishing with a gal and she caught a nice salmon well she started a fist fight with the bear over the fish to make a long story short i was shooting so 190 grain bullet of CIL manufacture never seen the since i shot him from about 80 yard after he had knocked her down well he got rather mad and started my way so i shot hin again in the biggest part odf in the chest well 4 round in center chest he was still coming to me i knew i had one last chance when he got to about 4 ft i shot him in the top of the head never saw anything die that quick the bullet went through the brain and shattered the atlas joint. nowask me what i would rather have the next time well it would be my model 70 458 winchester no not a lot the plain old winchester with swift bullets oh she was not hurt just little skinned up needless to say when we go fishing now i tell her not to pick a fight with a bear

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
by the way phil i have had a lot of exprience with the lott as i bought one from jack lott when i met him at champlins years ago the found he developed i lke better is the 460 guns and ammo but i will say this i have never had to stop an elephant ot hippo in bad situation but from what i have seen i will stick with my 458 winchester i seem to shoot it better and recover from the recoil to get second shot off. iam not trying to look good here but the 458 winchester is almost plesant to shoot and the lott will set you back off you dentures. no muzzle brakes for me i just bought a 375 price was real good model 70 with a brake so off to brockmans it will go to have a thread protector installed and the brake will set on the shelf huh is not a good answer for anyone

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Lord help us! smile Ryans going to buy a LW SS barrel and build a 9.3x62 probably with a plastic stock..My prayers are with you Ryan! smile smile smile

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My 9.3X62 is wood and blue to go with my Loden green coat and Russell boots.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Forget Kreiger, they are running at 18-20 weeks. The PACNOR I just got was a 5 week turnaround. Douglas is always about 4 weeks or you can call IT&D Custom and Dave may have one (Douglas) in stock. Dober's advice is never wrong either...

RH

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Krieger is always my favorite but they won't do lighter than a #6.

Ray, I do believe we have been saved by a miracle! Wayne Jacobsen at AHR is going to do me another CZ, this time a 9.3. Walnut stocked too, with a factory barrel and express sights.

My Legend stock and the Winchester action I agreed to buy in the classifieds, might still become a SS barreled 9.3 though, but I will coat the stainless with something and promise not to tell anyone.

Oh how I love me a good 9.3...

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I have Brux on most all my customs... check out www.scorehi.com ask for charlie, he built me 4 very nice rifles.

�You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.� Admiral Yamamoto
www.chefgonehunting.com
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by himmelrr
Forget Kreiger, they are running at 18-20 weeks. The PACNOR I just got was a 5 week turnaround. Douglas is always about 4 weeks or you can call IT&D Custom and Dave may have one (Douglas) in stock. Dober's advice is never wrong either...

RH

+1 one on everything you wrote. My personal preference is 1) PacNor, then 2) Douglas and IT&D is probably the best deal going for a straight-up chamber.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.