Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
A hunting buddy came over to show me his Kahles 8x32 binoculars, in the past he had been using Leupold Gold Rings knowing I favor Zeiss he wanted me to check them against his Gold Ring's and get my opinion. They were very bright and clear, it was early in the day so I could not check late light but they appear to be good optics but will need to try them in the evening of a future pig hunt.

He wondered how do they hold up? I had no experience with Kahles but figured I could get some real world feedback here!

Thanks

Ted
GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I used the Kahles 10x42's for a couple of years and had no problems. They saw some pretty hard use. Ran across a good deal on Swaro EL 10x42's and sold the Kahles. The EL's perform significantly better but the Kahles is a better value in my opinion. As far as durability, they both are excellent. Don't think you can go wrong with them unless you are expecting top tier performance.

Hope this helps.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I've been using a pair of 10x42 Kahles binos for about 4 years now. I've also owned a pair of 8x30 Swarovskis (stolen, sob!) and have a pair of the 8x20s as well.

They are excellent optically, and a bargain in the high end optical world. I just could not find a reason to pay the 50% additional premium for the Swaros.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a pair of Kahles 8 X 32 and a pair of Swaro SLC 7 X 42 and I think the difference in optical quality is minimum.... Certainly not at all close to the difference in price!!! The Kahles are the BEST value in the high end optic market, hands down!!!

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigdogfla
The Kahles are the BEST value in the high end optic market, hands down!!!

I have thought this for a long time also. I have owned a pair of the 8x42's for 6 or 7 years now and have had no reason to replace them. Matter of fact I bought an older pair of 8x30 SLC Swaros and sold them 6 months later because they wern't as good as what I have. I would love to try the 8x32 Kahles for tree stand hunting.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by old_willys
A hunting buddy came over to show me his Kahles 8x32 binoculars, in the past he had been using Leupold Gold Rings knowing I favor Zeiss he wanted me to check them against his Gold Ring's and get my opinion. They were very bright and clear, it was early in the day so I could not check late light but they appear to be good optics but will need to try them in the evening of a future pig hunt.

He wondered how do they hold up? I had no experience with Kahles but figured I could get some real world feedback here!

Thanks

Willys:

I have owned a pair of the Kahles 8x42 and was well satisfied. They are a good value in the midrange optic area.
I would prefer these over some of the Chinese clone bins that are now being promoted. As they are Austrian made and quality all the way. But optically they are a step below the Swarovski in brightness, etc. Good optics, yes, I would
recommend them.

Jerry

Last edited by Farmboy1; 04/25/10.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have used a pair of 8x32 Kahles for the last two years in dusty, gritty conditions down to 5 F in the TX Panhandle & snowy, crappy weather using climbing tree stands up in NW WI. No problems, and they are a great combination of lightweight, yet very clear. They are the first "Good" binos I've used and I won't be without 'em.

I look through the other fella's Swaros, 10x50, 10x42 often & the Kahles stand right with 'em. They are easy to carry and to zip under a coat in bad weather. Great hunting glass.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (1lesfox, 22250rem, 240NMC, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,327
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.