-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FedEx can get struck with a case of stupid every now and then.

I used to ship a lot through them for work. One time a place in Montana put a sticky note on one of our coolers that said "Hold for Delivery" whatever that means. Finally started making calls when the lab I was shipping to said they never received the package. It had been sitting in the corner of the Fedex office because nobody knew WTF "Hold for Delivery" meant.

Another time the shipping info was attached to a cooler handle, the company I was shipping to called and asked "Why did you ship us a handle for a cooler?" The handle had broken off in shipping and Fedex delivered the handle and kept the cooler.

Deal with it.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Had a scope UPS claimed I signed for (had my name written there) and it turns out the scope was delivered to someone else across town. UPS gave me an address and I drove over and picked up my scope. UPS never could tell me who signed for me. The merchant who sold the scope said that he clearly addressed the package with my address, and it was correct. Figure the driver signed for the package himself and gave it to someone who had a similar address. Similar but not exact.

In this case UPS helped me out, and in another case they bent a Dewey rod and contacted Dewey,
and they sent me a new rod. Hope this turns out OK for you.

Last edited by CaliRN; 04/26/10.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

We ship thousands of books by FEDEX and UPS. Occasionally they screw up and if the package wasn't insured they pay $100.00 and it's "Goodbye Charlie"

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I will say, work at the local small town lumberyard and we do accept delivery from both UPS & FedEx for other people. Butttttt, we always make the driver call and ask if that is ok before we sign for it. Most of the time, the drivers all know we do this and we have no problem at all accepting them.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If it turns out to be a wrong address delivery, I'd like to know why the person signed for my package.

We're only talking a $330 package but it's the annoyance of having my habitat work put being put on hold. I have perfect spots for these Chestnuts and plum and want to get them in the ground as soon as possible.

Can't complain too much. Had wonderful 6 ft apple trees delivered from Adam's County nursery and I also received 1,200 seedlings from other nurseries I was able to get into the ground so overall, it's been a very productive spring.

If this was a simple mistake, I'll deal with it. If it was someone being dishonest, I'll try to pursue any charges I can.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have taken to signing with the number of boxes left in addition to my sig. Sometimes we get several things at once, and a couple times something belonged next door. We are on friendly terms with one neighboring business, so just walk it over; the other b**** has wait for whoever to come back the next day and take it to make sure there is a good signature. Any chance someone else got a lot of trees and yours were included?

Last edited by kennyd; 04/26/10.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Many delivery trucks have a GPS tracking device on board. Ask FedEx if their truck is so equipped. That may help track down your seedlings.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know about Fed Ex, but UPS has GPS and it shows where the actual stop is made. It will show up on Google earth in our office.

Kenyyd also hit the nail on the head as to what may have happened.

We deliver to the PO and then they deliver UPS packages. It is called UPS Basic. I'm unaware that Fed Ex does this. I believe Fed Ex Ground does but I'm not 100% sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a stock,awhile ago from a member here,or another forum.
The stock was pretty slow in arriving,so I emailed the seller ,asking about tracking.
It showed the package had been delivered.I went to the local PO,thinking it was in a corner ,or a back room.No one knew anything about it.
Turned out a replacement driver had delivered it to the neighbor,who claimed she didnt know my name.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
FedEx called this morning and spoke with my wife. They said the driver gave the package to someone coming out of our lane who said they'd bring the package back to us. My wife explained we're the only ones who live back here and we know no one by the name DDelaney nor could we find that name in the phone book. FedEx told my wife they'd "take car of it" whatever that means.

Right now, I'm more concerned with who was back our lane and who took my package.

IC B3

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Just spoke with the local FedEx hub and I insisted on finding out who signed for my package. I also asked if the package was tracked with GPS. I was given the runaround and told sometimes when places aren't clearly marked a driver sometimes drops off at the wrong address.

Either way, the driver is supposed to attempt to retrieve the package today and FedEx will call me back and let me know which address they delivered to(which they couldn't tell me yet).

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Found the package this evening in my garage. Only saw it because I was cleaning out some empty boxes.

I'm actually even more ticked off now. The only person I'd let in my garage without my permission is my brother.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin grin grin

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
At least you found it..good

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you found it rrroae but not knowing who it was was and why would bug me too.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
As a side note, in my younger days I have signed using various aliases.

Ronald Reagan, Michael Jackson and many other famous people so as to let them have fun with the names.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tom264
I have signed using various aliases.

There it is. Elvis lives!

Last edited by byc; 04/27/10.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Thank you! thank you very much!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My #1 alias is Abe Froman. #2 is Devon Dymond.

Me

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.