-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This fellow's not pulling his punches,....another great Editorial Commentery here,.....from another "boots on this Ground" type.

GTC

link: http://www.411mania.com/politics/columns/136959/The-Battle-for-Illegal-Immigration-Begins.htm

The Battle for Illegal Immigration Begins
Posted by Grant Muioc on 04.25.2010

Arizona demands safety and Liberals moan about "civil rights"...

I have always proclaimed the only reason to have any form of government is to provide protection to the citizens. It's the only reason to have laws, live in a society or even individual rights. When the government fails to protect its citizens it calls into question the necessity of the government.

A deadly Mexican border war led by drug lords has led to murdered and kidnapped US Citizens has led the state of Arizona to take action to protect its citizens. I support it, not just as a home and land owner of southern Arizona, but this is moral and ethical extension of what the government should do to protect its citizens.

CNN calls it the "toughest crackdown on illegal immigration in the country." This new law, when passed, will allow Police officers to stop and question anyone who is suspected of being in Arizona illegally. Police officers can detain suspects and charge them with a crime if they fail to produce the necessary documentation. Arizona residents can sue the police agencies if they fail to do their duty as described by the law.

A Rasmussen Reports poll found 70 percent of likely voters in Arizona support the bill. 53 percent are worried that immigrants' civil rights could be infringed in the effort to find and deport illegal immigrants.

This is a classic case of blaming the wrong people for this entire situation. Nobody wants a legal immigrant who has moved to America to suffer any abuse or profiling. But none of this would be happening if there was real punishment and real deterrents keeping illegals out of the country.

This bill has detractors, 30 percent of Arizona residents do not support the bill. They have real opinions and concerns, and I do not blame them. According to the Census Bureau, Arizona is home to 6.5 million people and 30 percent of them are Hispanic or of Mexican descent. This bill does represent a real concern that racial profiling will become a daily reality for these Americans.

I do not mind Arizonans who speak out against the bill. They live here and this bill impacts their lives the most. I find it disgusting that some outsiders are trying to turn this awful situation into something other than what it really is. This bill represents the states last best hope to protect the Arizona citizens and legal foreign nationals that live within its borders from the crime that is imported from across the border.

The detractors include all the usual suspects that need illegals to boost their numbers, including the liberals of the Democratic Party. These leeches only care about the illegal population because they hope to pass their own immigration law that will excuse the crimes of these people in exchange for their votes. Democrat Congressman from Illinois Luis Gutierrez said he wants the Department of Justice to be prepared to "go immediately to court" to stop Arizona officials from enforcing the law if it is signed.

Why would this dickhead, who is not an elected official in Arizona, even consider it? 70 percent of Arizonans want this bill. Arizona has the right to protect its citizens from foreign criminals. Not according to Gutierrez, who would rather boost the number of illegals to boost his potential voting numbers. Gutierrez should just focus on his own corrupt state. The last time I checked Illinois had bigger problems to worry about than what Arizona is doing.

The Huffington Post posted an article by Christian Activist Jim Wallis who stated that "he was getting on the plane to fight for the rights of the illegals". This is the same guy who speaks for the Democratic Party about morals and actually uses Christians leaving the "Religious Right" as a political victory. He never jumped on a plane to deliver the eulogy for the murdered rancher that caused the drafting of this bill. Murder is not as import as defending the "civil rights" of illegals who may vote for your favorite political group.

San Francisco Chronicle has an interview with San Francisco Chief of Police, George Gascon. Gascon, a former Police Chief for Mesa, Arizona, says the bill "will have a catastrophic effect on policing and set back community policing efforts for decades." Ironically, the Arizonan politician who drafted the bill has his state seat located in Mesa. I think what is setting back the community policing efforts are the illegals. The same article has the former Sacramento Chief of Police, Arturo Venegas, state the bill "essentially legislates racial profiling, putting police in the middle of the train tracks to face an onslaught of civil-rights violations lawsuits. No other law in the country allows citizens to sue a government agency for not arresting enough people." I argue that the tax payers should be allowed to sue the government organization that they are funding who is not doing the job. That is not a knock on police; I think that they have had zero support from politicians dealing with criminality of illegal immigration. Its the politicians that make this matter political. This bill is designed to give the police guidance to engage in the arrest of a suspected criminal without having to worry about being sued. The fact the police could be sued for not doing what the law asks them to do simply protects the tax payers.

My favorite detractor is the country of Mexico, whose officials said the bill "could have potentially serious effects on the civil rights" of Mexican nationals. "Mexico views with concern the possible negative effects the measure could have, if approved, on the development of the ties of friendship, culture, commerce and tourism that have characterized Mexico's relations with Arizona for generations"�and "opens the door to the inappropriate use of racial profiling."

Well [bleep].

I own property about 20 miles from the Arizona-Mexico border, and nobody is traveling to that war zone. There are dozens of travel warnings and the border towns have become contested drug lord territories. Mexico has become a failed state and that problem is a direct result of them being unable (unwilling) to protect their own citizens. We have an immigration problem because Mexico is unsafe and an economic failure. Do I fault Mexicans for trying to escape from that hellhole and enter the US illegally? Yes I do. If they have half the pride they claim, then they would clean their country up and take it back from the criminals that have forced them to become criminals themselves. How can Mexico criticize the state of Arizona for doing what they failed to do? Mexico openly encourages citizens to enter the US illegally and when a law like this one gets passed they resort to the "Race Card".

Side-bar Rant: Liberal Rule #17: If anyone does something, says something, or claims something that you do not agree with then call them a racist. It automatically puts them on the defensive. Especially white people because they are so used to be calling racist that they automatically default to being defensive before anyone brings up race. Look at how liberals attack the Tea Party. There are a hundreds of reasons to legitimately attack the Tea Party but that would require open debate (and liberals hate that). So they call Tea Party members racist to avoid even debating real issues. It's easy because they just happen to be mostly white people. Why are they called racist? Because they do not like President Soetoro or the wolf-tickets he is selling.

Because I said those things it makes me a racist even though I am black, a veteran, a homeowner, a father, college educated, graduate school, gun owner and any number of things that might lead me to have issues with liberals.

So when liberal politicians like Gutierrez, and eventually Obama, call this bill "racist" ask yourself what have they done for the minorities in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. or Baltimore? What about the Hispanic populations in California, Nevada and New Mexico? They do not help them; they say that they will in exchange for their vote and welfare. Targeting a group of people based on their skin and promising to help them in exchange for votes is racist. It's criminal when they continue to lie about actually helping them. End of Side-Rant.

None of these detractors have ever spoken out against the crime that has burdened the US-Mexico border in recent years. This bill is a direct response to the murder of a US citizen, Robert Krentz, who was "gunned down" on his own property on March 29, 2010.

According to FOXNews.com, " In 1999, Krentz and his wife told PBS' Religion & Ethics Newsweekly that the Krentz ranch had been broken into and burglarized of $700 worth of items. Despite the crime, Krentz said he helped any illegal immigrant he could. "And you know, if they come in and ask for water, I'll still give them water," he said. "I -- you know, that's just my nature." Locally, the 58-year-old Krentz was known as a Good Samaritan who often brought water and helped injured illegal immigrants who tried to cross the desert in an area where summer temperatures often hit 120 degrees. Krentz radioed his brother Phil between 10:00 and 10:30 a.m. Saturday morning that he had encountered an illegal immigrant, and was supposed to meet Phil on the ranch at noon, according to sheriff's deputies. When Krentz didn't show up, the brother called police, and a search team was soon scouring the sprawling desert 15 miles north of the border, near Douglas, Ariz. At around 11 p.m., a state police helicopter found Krentz slumped over his ATV, the engine and lights still on. Nearby, his dog lay critically wounded, also hit by a bullet. The dog was put down Sunday morning and will be cremated, its ashes spread on the property along with Krentz's. Tracker dogs have now followed the tracks of the killer back into Mexico, some 15 miles south."

It is easy to say that this crime should have never have happened. No crime should ever happen. It's the lack response to the crime that concerns Arizona citizens. It's the lack of attention on the crime being committed by illegals in this country.

The bill could have been written for any one of the 400 Americans kidnapped by Mexicans reported by Phoenix and Tucson police officers. Stopping "racial profiling" is more important than stopping Kidnapping-for-Profit according to liberal politicians. It's a 50/50 shot that the victim is a voter whiles an illegal given amnesty will vote for them. Phoenix is now the nation's leader in Kidnapping-for-Profit crimes, southern California is a close second. This increase is a direct result of more violent illegals entering the country and being protected by liberal politicians who lobby their votes.

This bill could have been written for any amount of US citizens who have been victims of crimes perpetrated by illegals across the entire nation. Not one of them should have been excused, but those who speak out against illegal immigration are called "racists" or worse. The criminals are provided protection and excuses. It has become shameful in its excess and acceptence.

Arizona's Pima County Sheriff Paul Babeu said "We've had numerous officers that have been killed by illegal immigrants in Arizona and that shouldn't happen one time." I can agree to that, it should have never happened. But it did and now we have to respond. This bill is the response.

Lastly, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer said "The responsibility to ensure that we have an orderly, secure border � not just some imaginary line or a rickety fence � belongs to the federal government, and they have failed", adding that she had asked five times for President Barack Obama to deploy troops. Five [bleep] times. He never responded with an alternative. Obama's response was as dead as Mr. Krentz.

This bill is a direct response to the problem. It's supported by most of people most directly impacted by it, including the voters and the Arizona police. The biggest detractors are the usual activist and politicians who do not have to live next to the problem. They get their name in paper, play "hero" to liberal masses and then go home. They are not heroes; they are total Devil Advocates. They protect the criminals and call it a protection of "civil rights". That is not true at all.

The only responsibility that a government has is to keep its citizens safe. Anything else that is given is simply a right. Without protection those rights are worthless. What lind of life, liberty, and happiness did Robert Krentz have when he was shot down on his own ranch? What about his family? The state of Arizona has moved to make sure something like this does not happen again. The citizens of the state support it. The law enforcement supports it. The lawfully elected Governor of Arizona supports it. I support it.

Update: As I was sending this up, news broke that this new bill has been signed into law by Gov. Brewer.

As expected, President Obama spoke out against the bill on Friday. He never offered an alternative when asked five times prior for support on what to do with the border. He never addressed the murder of a US citizen killed by a Mexican citizen within US borders and on his own land. The President has sided with the illegal criminals infiltrating this country. The only talking point he is interested in is "amnesty". Make no mistake, the only reason why any liberal politician is scared of a Arizona's new law is because it will hit their future voters. Those future voters are the current illegals that will be granted amnesty under any plan that this liberal congress and this President will try to push in the near future. They are not interested in any justice for the Americans that are killed, kidnapped or worse by these criminals. They only want their votes. Votes that they will repay with absolutely nothing but more welfare paid for by this nation's middle class. They will claim this bill is racist. It's not. This bill is justice.

Last edited by crossfireoops; 04/27/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Crossfire:Sorry you thought I was trying to be humorous about the death of your neighbor. Having held more than one man in my arms while he died,I see no humor in unnecessary death. The point I was trying to make is that if that illegal cannot board a jet in your state, then the govt. is profiling and using a double standard. I will probably be leaving Texas because of the illegal problems.I'm trying to give you a bullet for your gun, not trying to make fun of your neighbors death.My family fought for this country and the things that are going on in Arizona make it seem that their love of country was in vain.Two were medal of honor winners and like so many others their sacrifices are ignored by our politicians.

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 2,046 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.