Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

I should be charging you rent...for all of the space I take up in your mind.

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Klik',

Pretend about rifles again,it crack me the phuqq up,when you do your best and put Imagination to keyboard.

Somewhat disappointing,that you Clueless Whining Kchunts keep "forgetting" about your sensationalized Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

But it sure as hell is funny!

Bless your heart.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by moosemike
H&S,

The Core Lokt 220's are the softest and open the quickest but I've still put them through a moose broadside. The Hornady 220's are too tough in my estimation and we've had trouble getting them to open up properly on deer even loaded hot, but that was in a 7600 Carbine.

I've only ever shot the Core-Lokt 220's, that I can recall. It seemed they were very, very soft, like 30-30 soft. I knew someone who used the Hornady for timber hunting, in 30-06 and he thought they were really hard. I recall he made comments about them being tough enough for dangerous game and talked about shooting through modest pines to see if he could stop one. That was a long time ago. I don't know of anyone who uses the big PT's.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough to Trump a rumor.

Laughing!.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd poke a dot of repute on 'er and rock the schit out of a Sleeper...on the sly..............

This thread has taken off since you posted this, but had to find these pics on an old post of mine from '09. Shows you your mind is great. My youngest was 15 then.
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
This rascal was cut to 12-in. LOP and Wild West Guns Scout rail for my oldest son c. '99. The T1 was a recent acquisition when these shots were taken in '09.
[img:left]
[Linked Image][/img]
I was happy as Hell w this MOWT group, but never got to show it to a WT and the sight migrated elsewhere. May move her back and dial in M79 dope for 220s with Seafire's recipe...

Last edited by ColdCase1984; 09/02/14.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just might have a 'dot or two kicking around the house,myself...............(grin)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

I should be charging you rent...for all of the space I take up in your mind.

Laughing!..................

You can fit a gnat's azz in the space you take up in my mind...

Talking to you is more akin to taking a dump...something important to do daily, but not something you think about much, but it allows you to deal with Schitt daily....

on second thought, maybe you take up as much space in my mind as a thought about a toilet would.... although I know you prefer an outhouse.... Indoor plumbing isn't 'manly' enough for a tough guy such as yourself...

putting that rope in there tho was a good idea... next time you fall in, you don't have to wait until someone else has to use the outhouse before you get any help...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
I'd poke a dot of repute on 'er and rock the schit out of a Sleeper...on the sly..............

This thread has taken off since you posted this, but had to find these pics on an old post of mine from '09. Shows you your mind is great. My youngest was 15 then.
This rascal was cut to 12-in. LOP and Wild West Guns Scout rail for my oldest son c. '99. The T1 was a recent acquisition when these shots were taken in '09.
[img:left]
[Linked Image][/img]
I was happy as Hell w this MOWT group, but never got to show it to a WT and the sight migrated elsewhere. May move her back and dial in M79 dope for 220s with Seafire's recipe...

that oughta be a home defense item that will get an intruders attention, regardless of what side the door or wall he might be on...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Bitchin' Whine.

Congratulations?.............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
glad ya liked it Shrimpy....

how's the job search goin? or are you back on the welfare tit for the huntin season..../winter...

Congrats are in order for you tho....

166 posts today and counting....

we are so honored to be graced with your wisdom so much.....

and yet all of that time to go out and shoot, kill animals... take pictures..camo rifles with your daughter's nail polish...

YOU ARE SO FRIGGIN AWESUM!!!!!!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I ain't much fun to try and keep pace with.

Reckon I'm plum flattered,that your fascination with me is so fulfilling for you.

"Living" vicariously saves you Whining Turd Polishers a lot of loot. Laughing!

Thank me later...................

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I ain't much fun to try and keep pace with.

Reckon I'm plum flattered,that your fascination with me is so fulfilling for you.

"Living" vicariously saves you Whining Turd Polishers a lot of loot. Laughing!

Thank me later...................

Really.. wow. So Sad.

S
S
WOW! This thread is alive! Seems like an old friend. Back in mid 2011 I was lurking around looking for load ideas for my newly purchased marlin 336 . . . I was working in Germany and missing my rifles very much. Although this thread back in 2010 deteriorated quickly, Seafire posted some interesting information that made sense to me.

Back home in early 2012 I started my journey shooting 220 grain RN bullets in my (then) 30/30.
My experience - doing my best to be brief:

- A healthy dose of AA2520 with Sierra 220rn got me to just under 2000 fps, shot into about 2-3� at 100y but were making oblong holes in my target. I stopped adding powder when I encountered stiff extraction. May have been able to get a little faster with a different powder but I lost interest and forgot about the 220s for a while.

- In early 2013 I decided to lengthen the action by 1/8� and was able to seat standard 308 cal bullets at the cannelure and have the rounds cycle through the action, still wasn�t able to increase velocity with the 220s. Accuracy seemed to improve, made clean round holes in my targets.

- Having thought about the stiff extraction and what causes it in the 336 � I chose to increase my powder capacity by re-chambering to 308 win and replaced the original bolt with a 35 rem bolt. The rifle still holds 6 in the tube. I load 40 grains of IMR4064 which gets me about 2200 fps. Much over 40 grains and I run into the stiff extraction again (full pressure commercial 308 loads also yield stiff extraction). I haven�t experimented with other powders. Still shoots into about 2� using the skinner sights. I have very little patience for shooting on a bench . . . I�m sure the load is more capable than my shooting.

100 years ago, my great grandfather hunted the same woods I hunt today. He carried an 1895 Winchester chambered in 30-40 Krag. My 336 roughly duplicates the capability his rifle in a shorter and lighter package. I�ll soon carry my rifle elk hunting and I�m confident the 220 RN bullets will get the job done if the opportunity arises.

Thank you all for this thread with its years of information and entertainment!!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

77 members (AGL4now, Ashworth, 160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 979 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,497
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.