Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by JasonB
Originally Posted by SCOTTYB
Not to justify it but the interment of the Japanese was nothing compared to the genocide and mayhem the Japanese were creating everywhere they went.

Well then don't try to justify the internment of US citizens.

I think if your reading comprehension were up to snuff you may have understood that I was saying that the treatment the Japanese were handing out in and of itself did not justify our interment of the Japanese. You know, the old subject, predicate, verb thing?

Confirms my theory that you are a product of a liberal education system. Or maybe you are a "progressive". There are many facts that actually do justify what had to be done. Not to say that it was not a terrible thing to have had to do, but it was necessary at the time. But again, most liberals or progressives tend to ignore facts and historical context. You obviously have no idea what position this country was in when we were forced to enter the war. But I know, it just doesn't "feel" good.

I could write a thorough description of such historical context, told to me by my father who served in Alaska and the South Pacific, my uncle who did the same, or maybe some of my my father's shipmates I met at one of their annual reunion events, but I'm certain that would not be a productive use of my time. You seem to be quite entrenched in the liberal revisionist view of the subject.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You seem to be quite entrenched in the liberal revisionist view of the subject.

And it shows in practically every post he makes.

I think if your reading comprehension were up to snuff you may have understood...

Ask me and I'll say it's not a matter of comprehension of what's read but a matter of pure ignoramus. A hallmark of the liberal mindset, hear and see and have more than enough facts to make worthwhile observations but go on pretending none of it exists or matters.
Liberals cling to mental derangement and their BS slants like conservatives cling to God and guns.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 10 Japanese WWII camps, "relocation centers", in 7 states were about 120,000. I have never had any trouble with the internment camps. We were at war. It seemed like a logical decision to me. The fact that all their possessions were gone when they were released. They were citizens and their homes and businesses were taken during their internment. That does not set well with me. I don't care for carpet bagging, war profiteers, what ever cloak that they are wearing or whatever century they are in, including this one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No 1942 was not an Ugly time in American History, Four things occured in that year, 1. The Strike on the Japanese home Islands by the B-25's Under the Command of Lt. Col Jimmy Dolittle, The Stand off at Coral Sea, The withdrawal of Japanese forces from New Guniea, Then Came Midway, then came Gualdalcannal, The Russians was able to hold Stalingrad and crush the 6th Army there. And they Navies of Britain and the United States was getting a handle on the U-boats in the North Atlantic. Yea The Japanese were inturned in Camps so were Germans and Italians. There was never a policy of taking those people and putting them up a chimney, nor was it a policy to put them in penal regiments. One must not forget that the German had such units, and 1 in 6 Russian Soldier was in a penal regiment. The problem some have, and anybody with a bit of common sense with regard to the Japanese in America at the time and the people who were behind that chapter in history for the most part it was done to get valuable farm land on the west coast for cheap or next to nothing. I was shame full but to say it was equal to what the Nazi's or the Soviets did, just cheapens and makes a mockery of real war crimes. That teacher should read a little history on IJA unit 731 and what was going on in Occupied China and Manchuria. Makes what the NAZI's and the Soviets pikers in comparson.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Update. Met with principal and teacher today. My wife was able to attend also and I appreciated the support. The discussion was very interesting as I heard her trying to explain her way out of her comment to the class. At one point she stated that she felt the class was "arrogant for not feeling worse about how the Japanese were treated" which must have been just about the time she made the Nazi comparison. My wife was watching the principal and that comment seemed to aggravate him a bit. I stated that I wanted the conversation and complaint to be part of her permanent record, however school board policy only allows it to stay there for the calendar year. So if she keeps her biased views to herself she will be fine.

I did receive apologies from her and the principal as well as she is going to apologize to the class. It was well worthwhile to let them know that some of us are listening and watching.

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Great job. Would have been fun to observe.

B
B
It might be time for you to consider running for the school board yourself. Then you can have a bigger say in your childs education.

I find it amusing that many on the left defend the Japanese and their treatment of American civilians in the internment camps in the Pacific. They like to say that WE were ignorant of their culture.

Oh really? A culture of rape, murder and genocide!

Yet they jump all over the Germans, claiming they were animals of the lowest order.

I agree the Nazi's were animals and I have no problem with watching them swing from a rope.

The question I have is, Why just the Germans and NOT the Japanese?

I think the answer is very simple.

Germans=WHITE

Japanese=NOT WHITE

If you are white, you will NEVER be right.

Welcome to American LIBERAL indoctrination in the 21st century.

You think George Orwell is spinning in his grave right now?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JasonB
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Wasn't that the God of the left, FDR?

Apparently he is one of the conservative gods as well. They do seem to like a president being able to round up whole groups of US citizens with the stroke of a pen which is interesting considering the opinions they express on the current squatter.

It's fascinating that you use the internment as yet another liberal tool to prove what a worthless country you live in yet you run away from the FACT that it was a liberal icon who instituted said policy. Neat how the left can contort their minds,such as they are, to accept damn near anything. Doing touch and goes on the plains of reality.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by moosemuncher
Update. Met with principal and teacher today. My wife was able to attend also and I appreciated the support. The discussion was very interesting as I heard her trying to explain her way out of her comment to the class. At one point she stated that she felt the class was "arrogant for not feeling worse about how the Japanese were treated" which must have been just about the time she made the Nazi comparison. My wife was watching the principal and that comment seemed to aggravate him a bit. I stated that I wanted the conversation and complaint to be part of her permanent record, however school board policy only allows it to stay there for the calendar year. So if she keeps her biased views to herself she will be fine.

I did receive apologies from her and the principal as well as she is going to apologize to the class. It was well worthwhile to let them know that some of us are listening and watching.

Good on you that you took the time from your day to do the right thing. Thanks for keeping us updated on this

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it were my child, I would:

1) transfer my child to another teacher immediately (interview all other available teachers and pick the best one)
2) go after the offending teachers' job as a hobby

Her kind deserves no mercy.

See my sig, you're paying for that whore's salary.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 05/06/10.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
There was a huge spat on the very same thing in the Denver area. The school admin backed the teacher at first.

And people wonder why some of the younger generation are so liberal? . . . .

Want to save the country? Then conservatives need to take back the schools. How do you think the libs got so far? You graduate a bunch of brain washed journalist students who go into the news biz that have no interest in promoting anything but liberal viewpoints. After 15+ years, they become the executives.

Last edited by quietman; 05/06/10.
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We have 3 weeks till school is out and this was the first time she let her guard down enough to say something my daughter picked up on. Entering high school won't be much better. Last year my son's history teacher broke down in tears when describing our treatment of the Japanese in front of his class. He was not a happy camper.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 67 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,538
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.