Print Thread
Hop To
T
Techsan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I picked up a KX 3-9x42 from a campfire member last year and think it's a pretty good scope. I'm looking at the CL 3-9x42 that CDNN has on sale for $599. Would like input from folks who have looked through both on how they compare optically. I don't think I need the Multizero option, but welcome comments on its usefulness and functionality. Thanks.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I have one a 3-9 CL on my 223,and love it! I doubt there is much difference optically between the KX and the CL.I could do without the side parallax adjustment on the CL,but on a 223 it does not bother me at all...

Just an FYI but I happened to have the rifle and scope at the 600 yard line when two of the club match shooters were doing a "view test" on a pair of Nightforce scopes.....both really liked the Kahles,and even though it had far less power than the Nightforce,both of them thought it had better optics,which surprised them both.

I would not mind trying a 3-9 KX if I could figure out where to buy the damn things....

BTW, I got my CL from CDNN.

Last edited by BobinNH; 05/05/10.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kahles are hard to beat especially at the prices CDNN has been selling them for. I bought 2-CSX's and 1-CS last year at discounted prices. I think once Kahles gets organized again you won't see too many $599.00 scopes. The Swarovski's have gone up in price with there newer line and I'm sure the Kahles will follow.

Gamo Inc. over in Ft Lauderdale I believe is trying to work out the distribution of the scopes. I have to go over to Lauderdale within the next week or so to look at a takedown rifle, I figured I would stop over at Gamo to find out what the deal is with Kahles. Below is the current link on Kahles USA.

www.Kahlesusa.com

Good morning Bob !

Dino

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hey Dino...how's it going? I'm watching for a standard 3-9 Kahles...I like them!.

I like the CL very much but in a scope for BG, I can't stand extraneous knobs sticking off scopes like macadamia nuts from a cookie..... smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bob

Those big knobs are for our Arthritic hands, they are part of the new AARP line of scopes. There thinking of changing the prefix to (OF 3-9x42)

Things are good down here, warm weather is now upon us, it will be 90 degrees for 6 months. I will be up in Cow Hampshire over the summer I will get a hold of you before I go.

I'm getting exited for Tarpon fishing I've got two 12 wt. fly rods ready to roll.

Dino

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Cl has better glass and an AO adjustment. The KX has AH glass. .The reticle on the CL is etched not wire like on the KX. I have owned/own the AH,KX and CL models and the CL models in my opinion are absolutely the best of the kahles 1" models.... My 3-10x50 is a truly outstanding lowlight scope.

T
Techsan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Cl has better glass and an AO adjustment. The KX has AH glass. .The reticle on the CL is etched not wire like on the KX. I have owned/own the AH,KX and CL models and the CL models in my opinion are absolutely the best of the kahles 1" models.... My 3-10x50 is a truly outstanding lowlight scope.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I paid $500 for the KX and think the glass is excellent. Sounds like $600 for the CL is a good bargain.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Techsan

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I paid $500 for the KX and think the glass is excellent. Sounds like $600 for the CL is a good bargain.

Both models should sell for a heck of a lot more then they do or did. I don't think Kahles is making 1" tubes anymore . I am keeping mine

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
[quote=Techsan][quote=Oldelkhunter] I don't think Kahles is making 1" tubes anymore . I am keeping mine

By their website they're only keeping their CSX and KX lines, both near or above the $2K mark!
Be mindful that the CL line stands for Compact and Light; both AlaskaCub and I found out that the 50mm version is difficult to mount without using high or x-tra high rings, because of it's short mounting length.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
By their website they're only keeping their CSX and KX lines, both near or above the $2K mark!
Be mindful that the CL line stands for Compact and Light; both AlaskaCub and I found out that the 50mm version is difficult to mount without using high or x-tra high rings, because of it's short mounting length.

They are undergoing website changes because the last site i looked at a few weeks ago had no mention at all of 1" tubes.

I have had no problem with low or medium Talley rings on a short action Remington with either an AH or Cl. I have mine mounted on a X bolt and it fits fine in low talley mounts but could probably be better suited in Medium rings. Any scope with a 50mm tube used on a long action will be a bit Problematic fitting it correctly.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Last I heard, Kahles will only be importing 30mm tube scopes with their new distributor. However, that may have changed for all I know.

As far as the difference between CL and KX goes, CL is a bit better optically. It has an extra field flattener lens, I think.

Also, 3-9x42 CL has side focus adjustment, so it is usable over a wider variety of ranges if you want to shoot groups.

ILya

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny you dont hear more about these Kahles scopes, seems everyone who has had one absolutely loves it. I just ordered another one of the 3.5-10's CL with MZ. I am looking forward to playing with the multizero, the system seems as simple as it gets for quick use turrets. This is an excellent video on the setup and use of the Multizero feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmsI8L73rFw

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 3-9x42 CT scopes on both of my Cooper 280AI rifles,and I couldn't be happier.They track true,hold zero,and the optics are excellent.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

612 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,267
Posts18,448,289
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.