Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
what the RP children's crusade never got....

lol

Even though you're pretty much a partisan hack, I've got to admit you have great style. I get quite a chuckle from some of your more colorful put downs.

I'm sure there are thousands more put downs to come for you ladies.... grin

All American

All the time
GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
what the RP children's crusade never got....but the people they call neocons or establishment republicans do get (aka the grownups)....is that the enemy is the left, and the first priority is to turn back the Obama revolution.

Your presumption is the problem. Republican Party Boys (RPBs) won't turn back the revolution not only because they can't, but because they won't.

They can't because articulation and execution of genuinely Conservative ideology is no longer familiar nor attractive to them.

They won't because they like consolidated power in DC. If they're in office they like it cuz its theirs. If they're not in office they like it because it gives them something to rail on the Dems for because they're "relatively left" of RPBs.

The problem with your 80% comment is that you fail to remember that an ideology is an organic whole. You can't take out a part of a living thing, like anti-interventionist foreign policy, and have it remain in tact. Neo-Conservatism isn't Conservative any more than Neo-Orthodoxy is Orthodox. Its a fundamental change in ideology that creates a whole new organism.

Would I vote for a good solid Conservative regardless of party? Absolutely. Will I vote for a Republican just because he says he is relatively conservative when compared to our current President? C'mon. Seriously.

And since you mentioned foreign policy I must ask; what is the fundamental difference between you and Pres Obama on this? I mean, are we out of Iraq or any other country we occupied under Pres Bush? Seems to me that you guys and him have a lot in common.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
Your presumption is the problem. Republican Party Boys (RPBs) won't turn back the revolution not only because they can't, but because they won't.

They can't because articulation and execution of genuinely Conservative ideology is no longer familiar nor attractive to them.

They won't because they like consolidated power in DC. If they're in office they like it cuz its theirs. If they're not in office they like it because it gives them something to rail on the Dems for because they're "relatively left" of RPBs.

The problem with your 80% comment is that you fail to remember that an ideology is an organic whole. You can't take out a part of a living thing, like anti-interventionist foreign policy, and have it remain in tact. Neo-Conservatism isn't Conservative any more than Neo-Orthodoxy is Orthodox. Its a fundamental change in ideology that creates a whole new organism.

Would I vote for a good solid Conservative regardless of party? Absolutely. Will I vote for a Republican just because he says he is relatively conservative when compared to our current President? C'mon. Seriously.

And since you mentioned foreign policy I must ask; what is the fundamental difference between you and Pres Obama on this? I mean, are we out of Iraq or any other country we occupied under Pres Bush? Seems to me that you guys and him have a lot in common.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
what the RP children's crusade never got....but the people they call neocons or establishment republicans do get (aka the grownups)....is that the enemy is the left, and the first priority is to turn back the Obama revolution.

You're on a roll bud.

Excellent post!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by rrroae
what the RP children's crusade never got....

lol

Even though you're pretty much a partisan hack, I've got to admit you have great style. I get quite a chuckle from some of your more colorful put downs.

I'm sure there are thousands more put downs to come for you ladies.... grin

...and the least articulate will come from you.

Wait... I can quote you before you even say it...

"Uh... huh... yeah... like Steve & Isaac said... ha ha ha... yeah..."

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
That ain't all that's popular in Kentucky grin

[Linked Image]

Looks like date night at Ole Miss.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
It's time for McConnell to bring his turkey wattle back home and let it swing from the rocking on the front porch.

He's damaged the GOP enough for one Senator.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's amazing how much energy Isaac expends badmouthing a Republican candidate he then pretends to be rooting for, isn't it? I hope this pattern is broad, though. In the current climate, the more establishment folks are seen to dislike and resent Rand Paul, the more his popularity with the average voter will tend to soar.

We can be assured isaac is secretly grinding his teeth in unison with the other Establishment Republicans............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
It's amazing how much energy Isaac expends badmouthing a Republican candidate he then pretends to be rooting for, isn't it? I hope this pattern is broad, though. In the current climate, the more establishment folks are seen to dislike and resent Rand Paul, the more his popularity with the average voter will tend to soar.

We can be assured isaac is secretly grinding his teeth in unison with the other Establishment Republicans............

Casey

Establishment Republicans are old school leftists.

Some realize it,...some don't,...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by oulufinn
While I think RP has some wacky notions, smaller, more fiscally conservative .gov is not one of them. The degree of shrinkage we need is surely debatable, but do any of y'all disagree that the GOP is seriously ill & needs a purging of RINOs (I don't even know WTF a "Neocon" really is)? A rollback won't be easy, or painless, but it's long overdue & necessary to salvage the wreck that's been sinking.

Maybe Rand Paul is a less kooky version & is worthy of some respect and support, instead of continuous ridicule and pummeling.

Won't be forthcoming from the NeoCons--the Pauls represent a potential threat to a status quo that both establishment parties will do ANYTHING to maintain.

Don't be surprised if there ain't a bit of cooperation among the sitting Demos and Repubs to "gang up" on any libertarian candidate that is becoming too "successful"........

The only thing stronger than partisanship is maintaining power--politics can make for strange bedfellows.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
He's one of 535 threats to status quo and the establishment in DC we need to have... 1/535th of the equation, and I support him in that.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Casey

Establishment Republicans are old school leftists.

Some realize it,...some don't,...

LMAO!

Maybe you should limit yourself to +1's and atta boys.....

All American

All the time
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

Casey

===================

The only thng which truly is a certainty is you and a few others inabilty to grasp and conquer simple reading comprehension. Rand is a lifelong Republican and ran on the republican ticket. Try to understand that simple fact, first and foremost. Palin, who you butt-clenchers girlishly moan is a neocon(whatever that is) was largely responsible for Paul's success in what was a apethetically shameful voter turn-out for you self proclaimed goat ropin' liberty fighters. Without the continued support of the likes of Palin and the rest of the mainstrean GOP, Paul doesn't stand a chance this Fall. Paul certainly knows the strength and success of his election comes from the bankers,country clubbers,doctors/lawyers and corporate folks that provide the bulk of his campaign funding. There will be free hot dogs, cotton candy and pony rides to assure the vote of the fringers,of course, as it's still a vote and appeasing the fringers doesn't require much energy or cerebral thought. Some animal crackers and a "I'm gonna shut down the IRS" is all Paul needs to hypnotize your crowd.

I'll be gentle this year with you as the realities of a serious election start to set in upon you. It was just too easy and I was unecessarily mean in responding to your humilation. I'll just do smiley faces and those smart-ass icon thingies to you this year.

Off on a Texas hunt with the gang fellas. I'll hoist a drink to my friends here and salute you as we all jointly attempt to take back the House and Senate. It does take unity,though, and that requires grown-up thinking, not whining with a all or nothing mantra. Think about that!

I'll try to get a hunting thread going for the lot of you from Texas. Bristoe...keep your Revolution Wranglers in line!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
whats was the riff between them guys ?
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by krp
Good for him, vote the incumbents out.

Kent

It's an open seat, Jim Bunning's chair. Bunning was a good man, but McConnell and he don't get along. Mitch pretty much blacklisted Bunning, so Bunning decided to retire. That's gonna bite old Mitch dead on the azz...........

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Good luck on the hunt. I hope you guys have a safe and fun time with much success to report!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by twrh111
whats was the riff between them guys ?
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by krp
Good for him, vote the incumbents out.

Kent

It's an open seat, Jim Bunning's chair. Bunning was a good man, but McConnell and he don't get along. Mitch pretty much blacklisted Bunning, so Bunning decided to retire. That's gonna bite old Mitch dead on the azz...........

McConnell told Bunning he should resign, he was getting too old, and Mitch wanted his boy Grayson in there. Bunning wasn't happy about that, and Mitch had talked Bunning's contributors into NOT contributing to Bunning's re-election campaign. Bunning really couldn't get any money together for re-election, so he had to bow out.
Grayson thought he had it in the bag, until Paul stepped in. Grayson didn't bother to campaign until a couple of months ago, figuring he had it sewn up. Paul has been working and working hard, building up a base, for several years (through his Taxpayers United outfit), and had been campaigning since at least last fall (still, he entered the race WAY after Grayson had started lining up his DC and Wall Street buddies).

Paul just flat outworked him, and his people got out the vote, big time.

I'll say it again, Grayson was lazy and didn't bother to work for it, he thought he had it sewn up. It's a damned good thing he DIDN'T win the primary, he'd have lalligagged away the seat for good.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,060
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.