-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Has anyone here ever seen or used one of these? I don't see a weight but I assume it's too heavy for backpacking. I'm thinking more for packing with stock or boat.
CAMPFIRE TENT

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
It's called a Baker tent, and they're quite nice for canoe camping, too heavy for backpack. I have one for tent camping, we use it as our cook tent, and it works well. You can open and close the sides as needed for ventilation and wind, we really like ours, and still looks good after 6 years.

Frost River had gone under for awhile, looks like they are back from the dead.

I purchased mine for Reliable Tent out of Billings, MT.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
thanks. It looks like the Frost River is an upgraded version of Reliable's tent.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I emailed Frost River for more info on this tent since their website is lacking. Here's their reply.

I am sorry that the website does not have all of the required information. I purchased the business last fall and am working to better things on the website like adding real photographs and pertinent specifications. Here is the info on the 2-Person and 4-Person Campfire tents...

2-Person
Total Size: 8'6" x 7'
Sleeping Area: 4'6" x 7'
Center Height: 4'6"
Backwall Height: 2'
Weight: 20 lbs

4-Person
Total Size: 13'6" x 7'
Sleeping Area: 7' x 7'
Center Height: 6'6"
Backwall Height: 2'
Weight: 34 lbs

The tents are white on the top with a khaki colored floor for the sleeping area. The canvas used is a fire retardant and water repellency treated cotton canvas. The awning and the side flaps are both sewn into the body of the tent. We provide tie-offs to allow you to roll them up back into the body of the tent to keep them out of the way when not needed. To create a completely enclosed awning area we offer the optional end-cap with 5" smoke hole to allow you a way to run a camp stove inside of the tent. The End Cover weighs 3lbs.

We make up the tents to oder, so if you are interested in purchasing one please factor in a 2-week lead time for construction before delivery. We ship the tents anywhere in the world but be aware that they can get quite expensive to ship out of the US due to the total weight of the shipment.

You can purchase our products by clicking on "add to cart" at the bottom of the product pages. We take credit cards and PayPal for payment. Here is a link to the web section for the campfire tents...

http://www.frostriver.com/tents_tarps/campfire_tent.html

Thank you for your interest! Hopefully we can make up a tent for you!

Best regards,

Chris Benson
Proprietor
Frost River
2715 Courtland St
Duluth, MN 55806
218-727-1472
218-727-1645 fax
frostriver.com

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For backpacking campfire tents you want a Whelen tent not a baker.
Tentsmiths will build you one out of 10.4 ounce Sunforger canvas at about 11lbs and $250. I had one of these and the workmanship was 1st rate.
When they have 4.5 ounce Egyptian cotton they can build you one for about 6 lbs and $380.

And a tarp works as good as it always has-cheaper and lighter.

http://www.tentsmiths.com/

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
For early season, we need bug screen. We have some horrendous deer flies sometimes. Also, I can deal with a 20 to 25lb tent as it'll be carried by llamas.
I'm pretty good with a sewing machine. I'm looking at the design of this Campfire tent as I can make one easily if I can find the right materials. Since the front is screen, I wouldn't have to worry about condensation so nylon would work great.

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing

Hmm. Looks interesting. Now to find a larger version so I can squeeze in my wife. When I go, she goes. If I see enough ideas, I can design one that fits us just right. I'd like to find one with an approx 7x7' screened area and a front canopy. It wouldn't necessarily need a floor as long as I can keep the flying critters out. Snake problems here are very minimal.

― George Orwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.