Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
As far as I know the Schnee's boots don't ship for a few more weeks but I have seen someone with them this winter so I thought maybe some of you Montana boys might be able to give some insight on these boots. They look very similar. Does anyone have experience with these boots or insight on the companies or quality of the two boots?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have some great insight into Schnees. I recently had a small problem with some boots of theirs and their customer service was awesome. They made it right.....which is their warranty...."We are from Montana and we will make it right". I have never had better customer service or a company stand behind their product better than Schnees. I havent used either of those specific boots.

Hope this helps.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Kenetrek is also a Montana company, from the same part of the state as Schnee's, and very good to deal with. I am from the same part of the stateand have worn boots from both companies a lot.

Obviously I haven't used the new Schnee's boot, but have worn the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for a couple of hunting seasons. Last fall I wore them for two weeks of bear hunting in Alaska, and was the only person in two camps without wet feet or blisters. They are a great boot, and even after a couple of seasons are ready for more.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I bought the Kenetrek Mountain extreme's last year and am totally pleased with them. I wore them from an October Antelope hunt through late season Iowa Deer and they performed great. They are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. I have always hunted in high end Danners and these are in another class.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
After about 4 seasons I am expecting this to be the last for my Schnees Sheephunters. I love the boots and was pretty much set on getting another pair but now I think I might hold off until the new schnees boot is available for comparison. I've great luck with the service, quality and product knowledge of Schnees.

"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Does anyone know of hand if the new Schnee's Granite or Kenetrek boot comes in a "wide"? A medium doesn't give me enough room.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
The Kentreks come in various widths. I have very wide feet and the compamny was able to fit me perfectly.

They also were able to fit my wife, who has feet very differently shaped than mine. In fact Kenetrek has a women's line, because women are NOT all able to just use smaller women's boots, contrary to what some boot manufacturers will tell you.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Mule Deer. Also the Sheep Issue of Eastmans Hunting has a nice review of the top end "sheep" boots. The Granite Mt. wasn't available for the official review but they added an addendum to the story. Some pretty good info for those looking to get an overview.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be inclined towards the Schnees...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I would too if they came in "wide" sizes. Maybe they will in the near future.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 74 invisible), 2,985 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.