Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
FYI, Remington was a co-sponsor of Earnhardt and made even more cheesy commerative firearms to cash in on his death.

JM

Maybe so, but I'm from down near Weeseeanna too and we both know Nascar and Browning Buckmark stickers go together like fried possum and sweet taters.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
BP-B6

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Not in yours or anyone elses lifetime ! Most over-rated driver in history.Made a living and a reputation getting away with what everyone else wasn't allowed to do.The mans been dead for almost a decade,people need to get over it and his two bit driver of a son as well.I just know a quality fire arm when I see it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
$10 says fellas2 has a #3 sticker on the back window of his ride.

Originally Posted by fellas2
Not in yours or anyone elses lifetime ! Most over-rated driver in history.Made a living and a reputation getting away with what everyone else wasn't allowed to do.The mans been dead for almost a decade,people need to get over it and his two bit driver of a son as well.I just know a quality fire arm when I see it.

My point still stands based on your irrational hatred of #3...just sayin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FYI, Remington was a co-sponsor of Earnhardt and made even more cheesy commerative firearms to cash in on his death.

JM

Maybe so, but I'm from down near Weeseeanna too and we both know Nascar and Browning Buckmark stickers go together like fried possum and sweet taters.

You eat some nasty stuff blue. sick You made a guess and I just replied with a fact.

I apologize. grin

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Bluedreaux,still not sure what you point is ?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Comparing the looks of a Ruger over a Browning is like comparing a Steauk-umm to filet mignon,they're both beef but one came from the tenderloin and the other came from the leftovers.

My point is that this is reading like a scene from Talladega Nights. All those posts need is "It's in the Geneva Convention!" at the end.

I was referencing the stereotypical southern hillbilly who rides around with a gold triggered, super shiny Browning in the gunrack and a Nascar sticker plastered on the back window. Then you come along in defense of Brownings and wigging put about some racecar driver. "Ironic" doesn't do it justice.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 07/19/10.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wigging out, not put, but the editing ain't workin.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I have owned both the A-Bolt and the new and improved X-Bolt rifle and must say I have liked them both. Haven proven to be very durable/dependable in my personal experience but with that being said they are alot of cpmparable choices for less $ but not ones that will appreciate in value like the Browning.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Maybe that's why I sold them both. Those friggin ugly gold triggers. I do remember painting them black because I just couldn't stomach them. I think they shot even better after I did that. smile

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Comparing the looks of a Ruger over a Browning is like comparing a Steauk-umm to filet mignon,they're both beef but one came from the tenderloin and the other came from the leftovers.

My point is that this is reading like a scene from Talladega Nights. All those posts need is "It's in the Geneva Convention!" at the end.

I was referencing the stereotypical southern hillbilly who rides around with a gold triggered, super shiny Browning in the gunrack and a Nascar sticker plastered on the back window. Then you come along in defense of Brownings and wigging put about some racecar driver. "Ironic" doesn't do it justice.

How was Talledega nights? Only the rednecks around here watched it. How many rednecks do you suppose shoot a remington and have #3 stickers?

Judging a rifles worthiness based on some hooplehead's truck sticker is a little junior high IMO.

I see your point though, kinda like the "Everything is bigger in Texas" you occasionally see on monster trucks, which admittedly is true in some cases.

The Davidian compound was quite large, so was LBJ.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
My post wasn't in defense of the Brownings,it was merely a statement of what I owned and my experiences with them.I never mentioned anything about Nascar ot #3 until you did.I'd hardly be considered a redneck hillbilly being from Western Pa (not that there's anything wrong with it)and I sure didn't "wiggout" about Dale Earnhardt,just stating an opinion.Looks are in the eye of the beholder,and by the picture in your avatar,there's no accounting for your taste in dogs.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

JM

To my knowledge Browning never had a # 3 in white letters on a 22 rifle or High Power rifle but REmington sure did and I believe Remington sponsored or still sponsors a NASCAR team. Rednecks prefer Remingtons to anything else by a very large margin.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Life is too short to hunt with Jap made Brownings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bolt handle has a lozenge on the end of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What's a Browning? grin

Scott
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
A Browning is what you put on an old muzzloader. A Remington is what your grandmother typed on, and what your dad shaved with.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief.

You know I'm joking. Nothing wrong that I can see I just don't happen to like the ergos. Kinda like me wearing some UnderArmour heat gear. Never happen 'cause I'd look like 10lbs of chit in a 5lb bag and be very uncomfortable.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I actually like the fit of the A bolt. Hoping to get my 250-3000AI back from Malm soon after he heals up from his mis-hap.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
R
R
Don't know what most of you guys have been smokin but I love my Browning A-Bolt .30-06 with BOSS. It is a handsome rifle and I can place a quarter over a three shot grouping at 100 yards. You like Fords...I hate em. I like GMCs. Potato..Pototo Tomato..Tomoto. So glad we aren't all alike.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
525 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 51 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.