Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You guys are off topic.

A-Bolts actually had a stellar reputation until John Moses started shooting them... wink

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
BP-B6

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obviously not real, or he would post them (both). laugh

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
post what? my tattoo?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well yaaah!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Obviously not real, or he would post them (both). laugh

Admit it. You're just trying to get him to post a pic of his wife's tattoo.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
eh hers is on the small of her back and it's a little Tinkerbell-lookin thing. we're divorced now anyway. maybe it was the buckmark...lol

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
if hers was anywhere sexy i'd post it lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well duh!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it looks as good as this one, we'll let you slide...

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
looks better than that one, when in focus and when not swollen and red. wink

and yes i'm talkin about the tat, nothing else wink

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eldave
Speaking only for myself here. I see browning stickers on just about every truck that looks like it might be a hunting truck.

I think that the people that sport these on their trucks think they know something about rifles because they spent a little extra for a shiny rifle that is expensive, and will likely never shoot at a deer with it at over a hundred yards.

That's why I don't. But that's just me.

With the gay buckhead sticker on the truck. And it's made in Japan. It's marketing genius. That's just from where I am though. I perused this on the way to work this morning. The guy had a sticker on his truck that said "nothing kills a deer like a browning". I had to wonder why. But he didn't stop so I could ask him.

I guess the deer knows that the 150 gr. .308 bullet was propelled by a browning. If I told the dude it was made by a French company I would have to prove something.

Anyway, for some reason in south carolina Brownings are to redneck hunters what spinning rims are to our ghetto brothers.

Dang if you get that upset over a little sticker on someones truck I would hate to see what you had to say about the Browning Buckmark tattoo on my arm!

coyoteman23

�A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.�
~George Washington

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
alright! another one!

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
coyote- let's see yours, i posted mine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just for the record, I am a Browning nut...but not an A-Bolt fan. Not a hater, just not a fan.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
someday, I'll read this thread.

really, maybe.

I live 10 miles from the mother ship. And I've been on the inside too.

Love the shotguns, and the single-shots. The A-bolts? I've had issues.

maybe tomorrow I'll read it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
[quote=Sitka deer]The model is responsible for more personally-witnessed in-field failures than ALL other models of rifles combined. Yet only a small fraction of my rifle experiences afield include A-Bolts.

Usually the trigger groups rust to a fixed mode and refuse to fire. Often they do it in just a day or two.[/quote

WTF are you saying. More mumbo jumbo from the ABolt Haters Club.

The A Bort makes the grade as a varmint rifle, IMO. The Abort 243 WSSM won't win the Wimbleton Cup., despite being favorably twisted;

The only saving grace is its 22 Hornet Micro Medallion...shoots very well. More the tube than anything else, really.

I'd not throw Art under the player hating club......

He's prolly seen more fail in the field than you've used; just a WAG on my part, but will hedge my bets....

I'd venture to say that he hasn't seen any fail in the field and the only thing you've seen fail in the field is your xxxxx. A classic example of being "turdlike" and a sample of one.

Need to add that any of my cheesey, clubby and clunky Abolts will out shoot any of your cheesey, clubby and clunky Kimingtons at any range.

I absolutely support your right to be flat-out wrong.

Have seen multiple A-Bort trigger groups rust to the point of freezing up and refusing to fire within a week in rough weather near saltwater. I have a stainless stalker in 375H&H and have had it for most of the time since about '95 or so. I even shot a Kodiak bear with it in the spring of '96. It was not my first. It was my last A-Bolt. I have previously written about the issues with that and other A-Bolts. I have a number of other Browning firearms and have no issues with them. I suspect John Browning would flip in his grave if he knew that POS design was ever built.

Being able to shoot little bitty groups is only part of the picture. I tell folks coming to hunt near AK saltwater to bring something else. Perhaps one of the posters here that has had a failure while hunting with me will speak up about their experiences...

I suspect I have more than several rifles of the 700 flavor that will easily eclipse your best A-Bort. While they shoot reasonably well I have yet to see an A-Bolt really sing...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe the temps just don't get cold enough here to experience that. I've traveled back and forth to islands in the Mississippi River in boats with an uncased rifle where we had to break ice to get to the shore. I've hunted where rain turned into sleet, then snow and never had an issue.

I do use gun grease in my trigger group and firing pin, so maybe that has prevented it.

I've got an A-bolt and an X-Bolt that will shoot .600's and do it with a variety of ammo.

JM

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
mine shot a couple groups at 100 yards than were under .300"

so i can't complain.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
For the record, and to come to the side of berated JM, A-bolts we have sold in the shop have offered up excellent accuracy, and absolutely minimal issues....just what we want for creating happy customers..

As I stated earlier in the thread though, I personally dont shoot one just because JM does .... wink

grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FYI, I still mainly shoot a BLR model 81 in .308 although that X-Bolt will get some use this year as well. wink

I still haven't quite made my mind up about that one. The stock and balance is a definite improvement over the A-Bolt, as well as the trigger.

It shoots like a champ, but I just don't think the action is as sturdy as the A-Bolt's or other rifle brands. sleep

I see cost cutting measures in certain areas of the rifle and don't like that very much, but I can't complain how it performs. However, there are some things I would change.

Neither are the equal of the older Browning FN Highpower but neither are any of today's factory rifles with the exception of Cooper IMO.

JM

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
331 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,729
Posts18,400,838
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.