Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Does this mean Podunk needs a Big Green tat?? Ever damn bodies got the Buck tat.....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
BP-B6

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep..and remember, if you don't post a pic, it didnt happen! grin

ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
FYI, I still mainly shoot a BLR model 81 in .308 although that X-Bolt will get some use this year as well. wink

I still haven't quite made my mind up about that one. The stock and balance is a definite improvement over the A-Bolt, as well as the trigger.

It shoots like a champ, but I just don't think the action is as sturdy as the A-Bolt's or other rifle brands. sleep

I see cost cutting measures in certain areas of the rifle and don't like that very much, but I can't complain how it performs. However, there are some things I would change.

Neither are the equal of the older Browning FN Highpower but neither are any of today's factory rifles with the exception of Cooper IMO.

JM

JM, what configuration is your X-Bolt. I've been pleased with my two. The action is robust enough for it's intended use and I think the lightweight components make this my favorite fitting gun. They shoulder like a toy and shoot like target rifles. What's not to like? I've got a lot of guns that cost a lot more and are more collectable but the X-Bolts bring home the bacon. They've both definately outshot my Sakos hands down.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Horseman
FYI, I still mainly shoot a BLR model 81 in .308 although that X-Bolt will get some use this year as well. wink

I still haven't quite made my mind up about that one. The stock and balance is a definite improvement over the A-Bolt, as well as the trigger.

It shoots like a champ, but I just don't think the action is as sturdy as the A-Bolt's or other rifle brands. sleep

I see cost cutting measures in certain areas of the rifle and don't like that very much, but I can't complain how it performs. However, there are some things I would change.

Neither are the equal of the older Browning FN Highpower but neither are any of today's factory rifles with the exception of Cooper IMO.

JM

JM, what configuration is your X-Bolt. I've been pleased with my two. The action is robust enough for it's intended use and I think the lightweight components make this my favorite fitting gun. They shoulder like a toy and shoot like target rifles. What's not to like? I've got a lot of guns that cost a lot more and are more collectable but the X-Bolts bring home the bacon. They've both definately outshot my Sakos hands down.

I have a new SS Xbolt in 7mm-08 , I have to say it seems to be pretty well put together. The crown is beautiful on this rifle and the barrelled action seems to have some sort of goldish tint coating on it that looks like trinyte even though they don"t advertize it> The trigger is exceptional.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I aint skeered. Now to design one.... what image best captures the essensce of Big Green? I know thats asking for it. First manure pic is an azzhole.

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
What is Cerebrus's logo?

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
??? Podunks lost????

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pod, next ya be rappin', mon !

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Aw hail, this is going south....... WTF is Cerebrus? Paul I havent the rhythm to rap... tried after a few too many, didnt work.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
ingwe, if we don't shoot brownings, how we gonna have accurate rifles?

(says the guy with the buckmark tattoo. and yes, go ahead and make fun. smile

MJ,

You may be eligible to win a free rifle from browing as long as it's not on your azz or penis.

(Not that it would be a bad thing, it just has to be where they can publish pics of it in order to qualify) grin

LMFAO

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The three that I have owned all shot very well. However, they just didn't have the feel of quality that one expects from a Belgian Browning.

NRA Benefactor member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To build a rifle like the High Power today would cost the average joe 2K or more. Not many avg. joe's are gonna drop that on a rifle.

They would price themselves out of the market. I wish they would bring it back in a limited run, but it still wouldn't be the same I bet.

My X-Bolt has been a reliable, accurate rifle. I wish they would have put a larger bolt handle and a metal single stack, centerfeed magazine in them, even if I had to sacrifice 1 round of capacity.

The composite rotary mag is a great idea. It holds more rounds and feeds from the center eliminating feeding issues, but I can't get used to the new materials being used on rifles these days.

I can't bitch, it works fine, I'm just old fashioned and a few more ounces of weight has never been a concern of mine when buying a rifle. I look for balance and fit first and the X-Bolt has that.

JM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
mine shot a couple groups at 100 yards than were under .300"

so i can't complain.

"A couple groups under .300" is a long way from really singing. My 375 A-Bolt will often do better than that and it is not close to my best 700s. It is perfectly adequate for a hunting rifle though.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
Aw hail, this is going south....... WTF is Cerebrus?

Parent company to the Freedom Group...parent holding company of Remington...

You're welcome.... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I knew bout the Freedom Group, killed me to see that they own both Remington and Barnes..... sheesh.. Whats their logo?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Screw that, not getting gay swishy marks, especially not ones that represent a company owned by some Finkelstein something or other.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe this is it.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Oh lord, I already posted one tat pic in Pats thread, I believe the two would be contradictory....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would get one if I were you. It's better than the redneck buckmark...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Hmmmmm if held at gunpoint......

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,640
Posts18,399,000
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.