-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Any of you guys seen a Brno 21 or 22 hanging out in a gunshop anywhere? I looking for one in 7x57, unmodified in very good condition with the integral scope mounts, although the round top may be acceptable also. If so, can you shoot me a PM.

Thanks

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
B-

Oddly enough, For all the dozens of rifles I've owned, I've never even handled a Brno, let alone owned one. I don't think I've ever even SEEN one. blush (Much to my regret...)

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have several and they are not for sell.They can be hard to find.Look for as good as possible in condition.You will find some with the triggers changed or pads added,if you want a shooter,go for it. However,nice original guns are gaining in value and I would gladly pay "Blue Book" prices,but they aren't real world.Expect to pay anywhere from $1200 and up to $2000.All of mine have been very good shooters.Be careful of "home gunsmithing" side mounts and such,you could get burnt...
Good Luck,rifle

If Photo Bucket was working,I'd send pictures,but....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
B-

Oddly enough, For all the dozens of rifles I've owned, I've never even handled a Brno, let alone owned one. I don't think I've ever even SEEN one. blush (Much to my regret...)

GH

This is probably a good thing, or your retirement would be in serious jeopardy. They are very nicely put together guns.

I bought mine through Gunbroker for $9xx something. It is an 8x57, double triggers, mannlicher style stock, 20 inch barrel. Not even drilled for mounts. Unfortunately for me (being a novice) I found out after purchase that the rear sight isn't original (lyman). I've only shot it at the range, where it grouped three Federal factory loads under an inch - honest - too bad they were 12 inches high and 5 inches left. Meant to fix that, but other projects interceded and the Brno sits in it's hiding place now - waiting......

Warning - the set trigger is positively scary light.

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PM sent.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm thinkin' the BRNO 21 or 22 is about as good as it gets in a Mauser type action. I'd love to own one in a 7x64 or 8x60. (Hell! Everyone has a 7x57 or an 8x57... blush )

I guess I can't say for sure, considering my lack of experience. blush grin smile Funny thing is, I've own at least a half dozen Huskys, (still have 3); More Mausers than I can count... Commercial and military... a couple of CZ 550's.... Why have I never owned a BRNO 21H or 22F?

I've even owned three or four Mannlicher Schnauers...

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not as high as you, my friend, but I'm in the same boat...have a couple of M-S; a Husqvarna; several pre-WWII commercial Mausers; a CZ 550 and have had another -- but no BRNO's. Looked at a couple of them in Washington, a few years ago, but didn't buy any of them. Can't remember why now -- that's the real rub about it. Bet if I'd bought one or two of them I could remember why... blush.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I getting one ready now to be D&T'd in 6.5x57...
My best shooter is the 8x57,my 7x57 is a Brno ZG47,as well as my 7X64. The Holy grail of these things is one in 9.3x62...
supposably they also made a short run in 5.6x57,but never imported.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have dies for a 6.5x57, and that would be what I'm looking for... laugh.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll keep an eye out for you. I met a guy at a Michigan gun shop some months that claimed he had several Brno's and had been buying them for years.I have his number and I'll contact him and see what's up.
The 6.5 is pretty cool,I'll photo it when I can...

Come on America,

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifle
I getting one ready now to be D&T'd in 6.5x57...
My best shooter is the 8x57,my 7x57 is a Brno ZG47,as well as my 7X64. The Holy grail of these things is one in 9.3x62...
supposably they also made a short run in 5.6x57,but never imported.

Saw a 9.3x62 wanna know where it is?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Picked up a 21H in 7x57 three or four years ago. Still unfired frown

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by GeoW

Now THAT is a sacriledge! grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeoW

Can you share some pictures of that rascal..?

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
There is a very nice one at the Autumn Gun Works in CT. Its a full stock, 7-57, with double sets!

I think its a round top and has a scope on it but thank goodness no side mount.

Better call them quick as they close on Sat. at about 5.

Its priced about $1500. They were less until Ray said they were the best factory sporter ever!

I have a couple of them. I like both the full and half stock. They are a neater, easier to handle rifle than a MS full stock carbine.

Select a rifle hunting cartridge that is "Enough Gun" and not one designed to just wound the enemy!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Dang! I can't believe it, seems everybody has a Brno 21 or 22 except me! Some have more than their share. cry
I have several and they are not for sell.
Where's a Democrat when you need one? That's just un-newAmerican. If Rifle has more than one, then they should take one of his and give it to me...... and some ammunition to go with it! smile I appreciate everyone looking and I'll call Autumn as soon as I get a chance.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Dang! I can't believe it, seems everybody has a Brno 21 or 22 except me! Some have more than their share. cry
I have several and they are not for sell.
Where's a Democrat when you need one? That's just un-newAmerican. If Rifle has more than one, then they should take one of his and give it to me...... and some ammunition to go with it! smile I appreciate everyone looking and I'll call Autumn as soon as I get a chance.

The 8x57 seems rather popular on Gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=182223863

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=182298873

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The pad is fixable,good caliber for everything and that's a fair price for a shooter IMO

Come on America,

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,720
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.