24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A friend gave me some 180 gr bullets for my .357 that were made in Alberton, MT and I would like to purchase more but no luck with the phone number on the package. Anybody have any info about the Cast King people?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cast King has been out of business for over a decade, IIRC. The equipment was for sale for quite some time. I am not sure who ended up with it. Cast King and Curtis Cast (Bozeman) were some of my favorites, but they are both no longer. There is a guy that is casting and oging to gun shows pretty regular, but I am not sure of who he is, nor do I have any helpful info. Good luck finding some new boolits.

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dang! Those were mighty good boolits. Reckon I'm just gonna have to start looking hard.

Thanks

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Have you tried Rusty in Columbus? Mt Bullet Co. I believe. If he had none like it, he probably could give you a lead on someone who does.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Montana Bullet Works makes fine hand cast bullets.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody have an opinion on Beartooth bullets? I used to like Dry Creek bullets Keith style 45 275 grain bullets but also are no longer in business. Anyone else casting these in Brinell 15 -18?

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Beartooth makes an excellent bullet.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't tried Rusty but will do so.

Montana Bullet Works doesn't make the one I am looking for. I have used some of his .45 ACP in 230 grain and they sure are good. Dave makes a very good bullet. I would recommend his any time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob or Rose Clausen at Magma Engineering can help you find a currently active commercial bullet-caster in or near your vicinity.

Magma makes the casting machines, moulds, and accessories for commercial bullet-casting, and rhe Clausens � good people! � keep pretty good track of who's using 'em, where.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ken, our friend Dave, down Cody way, has all the equipment so I may just try to round up the correct mold and put his knowledge and machinery to work.

You doing OK?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Faint memory tickles remind me that yes, indeed, Dave has some of that good Magma gear! grin

Magma also publishes Paul Moore's little must-read book on casting bullets. Get it. Study it. Every bullet-caster should.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've been pleased with Missouri Bullet Co, they make a 180 gr .357 and a 300 gr. .452, both in 18 Brinnell:

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=119&category=5&secondary=10&keywords=

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=109&category=5&secondary=14&keywords=

If you buy in quantity the shipping isn't too painful.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Those do look good and the price isn't bad but I just found out that bvac-ammo.com, in Florence, Montana, bought the equipment from the Cast King people about nine years ago and is going full swing, still making good quality bullets so I will probably see them at the next Billings gun show.

Thanks, everybody.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.