24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree that blaze orange is a good safety measure to take, like wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle, 'cause you can't count on the other guy being safe.

Jeff

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not an advocate of mandatory blaze orange. Would be a great camo color if I was out in a big patch hunting the great pumpkin though grin
I do have one of those orange camo baseball style hats I'll put on if I'm part of a drive / watcher.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I still use alot of wool.I have a Green(Pictured) and a Red one of these I worked in I wear every year hunting.

[Linked Image]

Jayco

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jayco that a nylon cape ?? Looks kinds noisy sneaking thru the brush ?
Looks like snaps , removable ? that would be nice for them soaking rain or wet snow days .

Last edited by M1894; 08/26/10.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
OOPs.

Jayco

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks like a wool Codet jacket that I have, but my green is faded, or like the jacket shown at www.labonville.com

Jeff

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had to go look before I mouthed off.(Grin)It is sewn in on the shoulders and as far as quiet goes,It isn't that bad or I'm deaf.I don't notice my wife in hers or visa versa when walking the hills but it sure comes in handy in those unexpected storms and especially,snow...

I got this one in Orofino Idaho where I was living and working at the time..

Jayco

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by logcutter
OOPs.

Jayco

Sorry 'bout that Jayco , hope all is well with you and yours

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
I have two hunting coats. Both are blaze wool. The Bemidji Woolen coat is real heavy and great for sitting.

colombia wool coat, GM Guide Series Sweater w/ some sort of wind stopper, Kromer blaze hat. It was -13 on this morning. Shot the deer at 10am.
[Linked Image]

It works for warmer weather too. +30*

[Linked Image]

Where is the Vikings hat ? smile

Last edited by Whelenman; 08/26/10.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
For cool weather I have a Johnson Mills red and black plaid jacket, (a Filson camo wool hunting coat for cold weather). Used to have the same thing in green-black plaid, first wife tried throwing it out a few times, it got so ragged, second wife finally succeeded...My go-to winter coat for non-hunting activities is a Filson mackinaw cruiser....wool bibs...wool pants...wool shirt...yeah, I like wool...

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I just picked up a like new 50's era, Chippewa Woolen Mills red & black plaid coat for this years elk hunt. It is awesome. It is like brand new! Can't wait to use it. I'll just put my obligatory blaze orange vest over it. I use my vintage wool Canadian battle dress trousers too. Warm! Canadian BD was better than the Brit BD and highly sought after by all commonwealth troops!

If you are interested in vintage clothing this spot does have vintage hunting apparel reasonably priced. Just look thru the men's clothing and find the hunting catagory for the specific clothing item. They are spot on in their descriptions of the clothing as well.

http://vintagetrends.com/vintage/vintageclothing.asp

Kaywoodie

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, I've got a few coats that I've picked up at garage sales.

Mostly I use them to go to work, since they are too nice to rough up in the woods.

OTOH, I wear heavy wool plaid pants for deer hunting all the time, they are the only thing I like.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kinda off topic....I been wanting a wool coat for fall. I really like this Woolrich coat ...

Woolrich Men's Tailgating Jacket

...but cant find it in a Large. If anyone runs across one, let me know please! Thank you.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whelenman

[Linked Image]

Where is the Vikings hat ? smile [/quote]

Oh heck, that was 3 years before the hat.

Camp is where you make it.
the old man still wears his woolrich red plaid every time we go in the woods, along with the floppy orange stocking cap

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D.H. Lawrence
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And somewhere, we have my Grandfathers Woolrich pants that are so old, they have laces in the lower legs.

Dale [/quote]

Ah, the pennsylvania tuxedo!..... in the days before gore-tex, they were great (they still are!). even when you get soaked they still keep you warm

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

R
R
I wear a Filson Cruiser red/black buffulo plaid. I retired a well kept Woolrich that was way too small to my wife. Filson prices are as bad as their product is good and I was fortunate to find one on ebay for about one hundred less. I feel hidden to the deer and not to fellow hunters.

Remember: Have your Democrats spayed or neutered.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
When I was a kid one of my uncles gave me his woolrich
coat and pants. They were to big for me, and heavy.
But they kept me warm.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pahick
Kinda off topic....I been wanting a wool coat for fall. I really like this Woolrich coat ...

Woolrich Men's Tailgating Jacket

...but cant find it in a Large. If anyone runs across one, let me know please! Thank you.

Can't imagine saddling a wool coat with a cotton liner. YMMV

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Agreed.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
292 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,822
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.