Campfire Regular
E
April 30, 1989.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
That takes a lot for you folks to share.

I can't fathom that type of pain, and will do my best to avoid it.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WOW, I am thankful I have my two sons, and sorry for the losses you all have had, it's gotta be unbearable.

I have lost family members and friends, and seen others have to go thru what you have gone thru, death is very hard I know. I pray those of us who have children are lucky to never lose them. As much as I fear dying not to continue being their father, I fear losing them more.

I pray all of you can find a way to see hope and light, and meaning in this life, and trust in God. He had his reason to call those home that he has already, reasons we yet to know and understand.

Life is so precious, and unpredictable, no doubt it behooves us all despite what the past has given us, to cherish what we have now and tell those around us what they mean to us.

God bless you all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kent and all who shared their losses: Your posts really took a lot of strength to share. It has really hit home with me as I look at my wife, two young boys, and what I consider quality "family" time.

Thanks for sharing.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kent, I read the whole thing. Wow. I think you have found your way of healing. Perspective of family seems to have been found. May the peace you are seeking find it's way into the lives of you and your family.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Snapped this pic of my boy this evening before his game, and grateful to be there being his dad.

#61, future all star linebacker..........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Snapped this pic of my boy this evening before his game, and grateful to be there being his dad.

#61, future all star linebacker..........

[Linked Image]

Absolutely... you're blessed...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I'm a poor husband and father"

BS buddy. I'll wager (and win) your family thinks differently.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
"I'm a poor wife and mother"
"I'm a poor child and sister"

Guarantee you don't think that about the others in your family, but I know you hope they don't say that to themselves.

They don't want you thinking that way, either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I always liked ole Big Stick. I realized early on that the worst thing you could do was let on that he had got your goat.

He tried to aggrevate me a time 'er two and I just laughed and got back at him.

,...it's just da innanet,....you can turn it into any type of game you choose.

People who allow Big Stick get to them don't understand how his game is supposed to be played.

A good example of that is being demonstrated in this thread.

Nailed it. I got gut-hooked more'n a few times by BS; just plain got took, and I'm not exactly the personification of an internet just-egged fry. That boy's *damned* good at fishing. Amongst the best, I'd say, actually. And has the skills to back it up. Just wish it wasn't his go-to persona. He's got a lot to share.

And no, I don't need any vaseline (headin' the haters off at the pass)...

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Larry is a master of the 'Test' and the better someone is at it, the more polarized the love/hate emotions are toward them.

He has a huge following in each camp.

I'm a little more sneaky as I like to keep my 'hate' camp as small as possible.

I do admire his abilities. Wish my son was still around to dance with him. They would have insulted each other to the point they were best buds after. My son used to test everyone on the jobsite and say,' if they can't laugh at a funny insult, they can't be trusted when chit hit's the fan, they will only be concerned for themselves.

The more you fight the test, the tougher it is laid on you till you pass or leave.

Kent

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
KRP, Perhaps you have put the final nail in the coffin of this senseless post. And, did so quite eloquently. May you be blessed with the strength to take on any future heartache in stride. for you my friend have paid your dues. Such foolish arguments seem quite trivial when viewed through your eyes I imagine. I have not had such a loss as yours but unfortunately I have been the harbinger one too many times of the painful news that someone very dear is no longer with us. I have had to walk that path side by side with folks like yourself and I know it is very traumatic. Nothing will ever replace what you have lost all you can do is cope. I never say goodbye when I leave the house only "I love you" because that is all I can guarantee. I never go to bed at night angry from an unfinished argument because winning a simple squabble isn't really worth it. I have very few friends but what ones I have I would bleed for. And no matter what happens I would be there for them no matter where "there" would be. We should all be thankful for what we have and keep that in mind before we act selfishly and start slinging mud. Well put.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
And as for "Big Stick" I wish him the best. I don't know him but no matter how much he aggravated folks no one deserves to loose a child. I'm sure he has a lot to deal with and doesn't need any static from anywhere at a time like this. And for those on this forum who are his friends or are close to him ensure that he has everything that he needs and don't leave him alone to stir in his own thoughts.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.