Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kend
Geeze, I've been thinking a Sako Forum would be nice.

Their is one----------> http://sakocollectors.lefora.com/

I am not posting this stuff and being a chearleader for Beretta, but I have a Benelli that a small chunk of the APG camo blew off when I used my air compressor on it, and I called Benelli in MD and they had me ship it back and they recamo'd the barrel under warranty, all went well with my customer service dealings.

BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sako4me
Originally Posted by kend
Geeze, I've been thinking a Sako Forum would be nice.

Their is one----------> http://sakocollectors.lefora.com/

I am not posting this stuff and being a chealeader for Beretta, but I have a Benelli that a small chunk of the APG camo blew off when I used my air compressor on it, and I called Benelli in MD and they had me ship it back and they recamo'd the barrel under warranty, all went well with my customer service dealings.

should that have happened to me I would have bought a powerball ticket. their "customer service" dept is a bunch of CSer's in my eyes. it seems a poor business plan to screw the few rifle and high budget shotgun loonies left that are employed.....oh well.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I am a sako-a-holic and know that beretta's customer service is chit. When I started buying Sako's I was tired of Remingtons that shot 3 to 4 inches at a 100 yards and did not really have the knowledge to build a semi-custom/custom. Now I think I have the knowledge to build a semi-custom gun but am scared that it will not shoot with my Sako's.

I love to buy/sell/trade rifles and for the money I still think Sako offers the best chance of a really accurate (1/2 inch) factory rifle. I have never seen one that would not shoot but have no doubt they are out there.

Dink

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have had some of those remingtons! The funniest was a light tactical rifle that would not shoot match ammo! Had that one for a month or so.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's ok, rap a Bushnell on something hard and send that in for warranty work. A few weeks of dealing with them will make you forget all about Sako.

Been there done that, fire fly's rectum reticle POS, after 4 months they just sent me a check. grin

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
HC,

Good grief, you bought a several year old rifle. Ever think that you should have inspected it first? Could have been damaged by the previous owner. Your mistake man suck it up. Probably nothing you can say will damage Sako's reputation thier history speaks for itself. BTW I have a used Ford explorer for sale with 100K on it burns a little oil but maybe you can get Ford to put a new engine in it. Let me know if your intrested.

LC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NOTHING can damage Sako's reputation with some people.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
leftycarbon,
Just my opinion but why wouldn't Sako want to fix it? Bought used or not a Sako 75 can not be very old and who cares who bought it first. I think of it this way, what does a new barrel cost Sako/Beretta? $50-$100 maybe. Now for that price there is a $1200 to $1500 (new price) sako floating around that won't shoot. How many hands is that bad Sako going to pass through? How many of those guys will never buy another?

Now if the damage is caused by abuse or the throat is worn out from shooting and they tell you its not there problem well I understand that.

Just my opinion.
Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DINK
leftycarbon,
Just my opinion but why wouldn't Sako want to fix it? Bought used or not a Sako 75 can not be very old and who cares who bought it first. I think of it this way, what does a new barrel cost Sako/Beretta? $50-$100 maybe. Now for that price there is a $1200 to $1500 (new price) sako floating around that won't shoot. How many hands is that bad Sako going to pass through? How many of those guys will never buy another?

Now if the damage is caused by abuse or the throat is worn out from shooting and they tell you its not there problem well I understand that.

Just my opinion.
Dink

Now that's talking sense. I can only guage from my own experience, but I don't think most people have a clue whether their rifle shoot MOA, or not. I'm sure there are some good shooters out there, but I'm one-out-of-five, and I can't believe my luck is that bad. It doesn't help when you bring them to
top-shelf rifle builders for rebarreling and they always say the same thing..."They are nice rifles, but I won't guarantee I can make it shoot.".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Used rifle...scrape up the bore. Previous owner could have been a handloader..squib load bullet lodged in the bore. Put a rod in and hammered it out? I have seen it. Dirt or grit in the bore and fired it nice deep sctatches up the bore.

By a used rifle w/o inspecting and expecting the factory to suck up the buyers mistake. LOL

I don't get it.

LC

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Pat,

I have seen you post before about not being lucky with sako's. Were these older guns or 75's, 85's? I have been very lucky with sako's with most them shooting true 1/2 inch groups (3 shots). I think I own 5 right now and 4 will shoot enough 1/2 inch groups to make your day and the 5th I have not shot yet.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Google "Sako Target Rifles".

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Used rifle...scrape up the bore. Previous owner could have been a handloader..squib load bullet lodged in the bore. Put a rod in and hammered it out? I have seen it. Dirt or grit in the bore and fired it nice deep sctatches up the bore.

By a used rifle w/o inspecting and expecting the factory to suck up the buyers mistake. LOL

I don't get it.

LC

Lefty carbon I understand what your saying and I am not saying your wrong. In my opinion most of the guys that buy sako's are "gun men" and not afraid to buy guns. Why would a high end company want one there rifles floating around that will not shoot for the price of a barrel? One bad rifle could probaly go through twenty rifle guys that say "[bleep] sako never again". Its hard to say how many more guns these guys will buy in there lifetime.

I buy/sell/trade alot of guns (11 this year alone so far) and have taken my share of ass burnings. It is part of the deal. The guys buying sako's are not the guys buying deer rifles at wal-mart two days before deer season. They price there rifles high and they should not be afraid to fix one that does not shoot unless there is obvious signs of abuse.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The first, and best, is a Sako Vixon .222, that I inherited. It is an MOA gun with factory ammo. Then I bought a new 7mm Rem Mag, back around the early 90's. It was a 6 moa rifle. It was returned by the store to Sako (whoever) and returned where it was a 2 moa rifle. I traded it for a Benelli SBE. The next was an older 30-06 Finnbear that shot okay 1.5 with handloads, but certainly not a barn-burner. Then I bought a new Forester in .243, another 2" rifle. It came back worse. I was REALLY dissapointed in this one...it was beautiful. I had it rebarreled and it still wouldn't shoot. The last was an A7 that had already been customized in 25-06. It was junk, and I kept the S&B scope it had on it. You see, I really want one, but ANY rifle that doesn't shoot doesn't stay in my closet.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
HC,

Good grief, you bought a several year old rifle. Ever think that you should have inspected it first? Could have been damaged by the previous owner. Your mistake man suck it up. Probably nothing you can say will damage Sako's reputation thier history speaks for itself. BTW I have a used Ford explorer for sale with 100K on it burns a little oil but maybe you can get Ford to put a new engine in it. Let me know if your intrested.

LC

do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I called bereta and asked if they would fix it even though I bought it used. they told me they would and to send it in to bolsa. they did not say that it would be at my expense. bolsa is not sureif it will be any better then when it arrived, but they are sure it will be at my expense.

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The first, and best, is a Sako Vixon .222, that I inherited. It is an MOA gun with factory ammo. Then I bought a new 7mm Rem Mag, back around the early 90's. It was a 6 moa rifle. It was returned by the store to Sako (whoever) and returned where it was a 2 moa rifle. I traded it for a Benelli SBE. The next was an older 30-06 Finnbear that shot okay 1.5 with handloads, but certainly not a barn-burner. Then I bought a new Forester in .243, another 2" rifle. It came back worse. I was REALLY dissapointed in this one...it was beautiful. I had it rebarreled and it still wouldn't shoot. The last was an A7 that had already been customized in 25-06. It was junk, and I kept the S&B scope it had on it. You see, I really want one, but ANY rifle that doesn't shoot doesn't stay in my closet.

I am with you. I have plenty of very fine shooting irons, but thought it would be neat to have a factoy gun to loan out to my friends that shot very well. I should have known better.

on a lighter note I did buy a few rifles this month that do shoot well.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's ok, rap a Bushnell on something hard and send that in for warranty work. A few weeks of dealing with them will make you forget all about Sako.

Aint that the truth!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
being i work 3 miles from Bolsa And have been in there several times. Fred has a newer gunsmith now than he did in the past and How do i say this..... " his skill is not what it should be" based on work I have had them perform.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sad to hear that. I've also spent a lot of time there, though it's been several years since I made the drive down from Ventura County. Fred did a lot of work for me and quality was always excellent.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
High Country, no offense intended to your shooting abilities at all, but I'd sure like to give that one a go. Too bad there's an invisible line between us...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,386 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.