Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Cool Link! There's even a Hudson Bay wool blanket coat (capote) in there!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that's classic. I too love wool and own a Red/Black Filson Double Mac, but it's way to warm for hunting here in New England....especially the past few years. I prefer wool and I want to substitute my Blaze fleece with Blaze wool from Vermont Woolens or Bemidji

Last edited by elelbean; 08/29/10.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by pahick
Kinda off topic....I been wanting a wool coat for fall. I really like this Woolrich coat ...

Woolrich Men's Tailgating Jacket

...but cant find it in a Large. If anyone runs across one, let me know please! Thank you.

Can't imagine saddling a wool coat with a cotton liner. YMMV

I never had a wool coat so I wouldnt know the difference with or without a liner. Do you know of another wool coat of similar style I should look at? Not actually gonna use it for huntin, just casual wear I guess. Thanks

PS oh, wanna add I really like the green plaid colors if possible. Thanks

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Johnson woolen mill, and Beaglewear both in Vermont make good stuff. Sadly Woolrich is now made in china.

The hardest part is finding a big buck. The easiest part is getting "em" out. - Larry Benoit
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Kinda off topic....I been wanting a wool coat for fall. I really like this Woolrich coat ...

Woolrich Men's Tailgating Jacket

...but cant find it in a Large. If anyone runs across one, let me know please! Thank you.

Can't imagine saddling a wool coat with a cotton liner. YMMV

I never had a wool coat so I wouldnt know the difference with or without a liner. Do you know of another wool coat of similar style I should look at? Not actually gonna use it for huntin, just casual wear I guess. Thanks

PS oh, wanna add I really like the green plaid colors if possible. Thanks

I saw one advertised up here the other day. Its made by Irish Setter and its called the Deer Camp Jacket. Not sure where you can get it in the US...

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Ordering a Green Plaid Stormy Kromer from the company today. Green Plaid looks cool!

http://www.stormykromer.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thought of buying a red and black back in the day but watched my uncles take out a table chair after sitting in an unseasonable rain storm in November. They stay warm wet but they take on a little weight. I have a Cabela's washable wool camo pattern parka that doesn't take on water like the Woolrich coats and is super warm. But I still wear Woolrich bibs.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Check out the Beaglewear. It's pricey, but is waterproof. I wear a Beagle half vest over a johnson wool jacket. The vest sheds alot of wet snow and rain.

The hardest part is finding a big buck. The easiest part is getting "em" out. - Larry Benoit
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Anyone know if Vermont Woolen Mill's wool is as good as Bemidji wool? I want to get an all blaze orange one. I know they aren't quite as good as Filson, as filson actually felts the wool and shrinks it by about 25%, leaving a tighter, more durable weave.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by elelbean
Anyone know if Vermont Woolen Mill's wool is as good as Bemidji wool? I want to get an all blaze orange one. I know they aren't quite as good as Filson, as filson actually felts the wool and shrinks it by about 25%, leaving a tighter, more durable weave.

Don't know about Vermont Wool, but Bemidji Wool is good stuff. Good tight knit. The insulated it real heavy duty.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I just ordered blaze pants from bemidji wool and there out of fabric he is getting back to me to find out if they will be done before deer opener..... I might have to cancel my order......

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Check out the Beaglewear. It's pricey, but is waterproof. I wear a Beagle half vest over a johnson wool jacket. The vest sheds alot of wet snow and rain."

Yeah -= but where do you find them?

RECESSION: when your friend loses his job.
DEPRESSION: when you lose your job.
RECOVERY: when all these bad politicians lose their jobs.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What pants did you order? I bought my coat and bibs at a ma and pop store in central WI. They may have what you're looking for.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I put a order in for the lumber jack heavy duty pants....They only come in orange...

Tzone whats the name of that store in central wi, I might have to check that out...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Good morning noduck, you will look good in those orange pants

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This was Dad's wool coat that he bought in 1952. He always had it professionally cleaned each year after close of hunting season. I've hunted with this jacket since Dad died and its still warm and serviceable.

Dad told me that the black and red plaid is best camo for the forests and foothills.

Sherwood

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
beaglewear.com

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
johnsonwoolenmills.com

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This made me think of it.. haven't had it out of the closet in years... I have a jacket a friends mom gave me in high school in the late 60s.. her dad wore it to hunt on the UP of Michigan back in the 1920s... Red Wool Plaid jacket, with a big sown in pouch in the back for game..

I am going to drag that jacket out.. think is 90 years old now..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by noduck
I put a order in for the lumber jack heavy duty pants....They only come in orange...

Tzone whats the name of that store in central wi, I might have to check that out...

Sorry I didn't see this until now. I'll send you a pm too so you get it.

Basemans Shoes and Clothing.
1002 S 3rd Ave, Wausau, WI 54401
(715) 842-0928

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I always wanted to hunt whitetail with a old Winchester 1894 with open sights while wearing a red and black plaid.

But that is just me smile

That's how I grew up hunting. Win 94 in 32 Win Spcl and reb/black plaid jacket and wool pants passed down from Dad.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
467 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.