Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This post caught my attention. I have very few things in humor that are "off limits". This is 100% I dont need to read all the subsequent posts. I dont want to read them I know whats right and wrong.

Yes I am Catholic and hold the Nuns very dear to my heart yes they were tough on my when I needed it, but they were and still are good to me and the whole world.

I still communicate with my 2nd grade teacher who was a Nun and really the only living "Saint" I have ever met. I am 46.

If you want to do something bigger than yourself help support an order, if you dont have one let me know I will be happy to forward the adress of the Sisters of Charity BVM Dubuque IA.

Some things are bigger than selling some stupid Ice Cream.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the company has the right to offend people if they so desire.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think the company needs to spread their wit and capitalism in Mecca.....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Like the "Mosque" they have a perfect legal right to do it ( well maybe not in the UK) and I would be the last to say they could not.

But could and should are two different concepts.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm not Catholic, but the ad certainly is tasteless trash. It's going after shock effect in a Howard Stern type of way. That being said, it isn't the government's place to ban it. There isn't nudity or gore involved and the government (UK or any other) has no business involving itself in matters of who gets offended. This is coming from an american point of view, and I am hard over that our first amendment freedom of speech is a right that is absolute no matter who or where you are, and governments that deny that are committing an offense against natural law.

The correct way to handle this would have been to let the market and peer pressure take it's course. If that ad had been posted in my area the local radio stations would have been lit up with angry phone calls as well as the ice cream company's offices. There might have even been some picketing of the company's offices and calls for a boycott of it's products. The company being in business to make money would likely have quickly seen it's error and the ad would be down within a day or two.

Oh, and The Life of Brian was hilarious. My favorite is still The Holy Grail however.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ad is damned offensive. HOWEVER, I don't think the Pope will issue a fatwa, or ask that the folks responsible be killed.

Sam......

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.