Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,309 of 1,842 1 2 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Even my 870 20ga shoots them to an acceptable level in my bird barrel with an IC choke.

Damnit, now I'm going to find that fang browning. Thanks guys. grin

I'd also like to thank the MN DOT, I had to replace my front sway-bar link, both of em, on the exploder this morning.

I'm thinkin POT HOLES! mad

Roads are in bad shape here too. Front End/Tire shops are probably jumping up and down with the increased business.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm sure it was/is due o the pot holes Bill. They're horrible right now and too cold for patching them. It wasn't too bad, two long bolts and some poly bushings.

I hit one awhile ago that I can't believe didn't cut my tire.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's one down at the next intersection here that's big enough to stock walleyes in.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A guy should grab a cheapie tip-up and throw it on there. grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tzone
I'd also like to thank the MN DOT, I had to replace my front sway-bar link, both of em, on the exploder this morning.

I'm feeling your pain and then some. Seems I hit the mother of all potholes and broke my left rear shock. Okay, I'm not happy, but these things happen where we live. So I go to the garage that my buddy owns and IT'S $600 FOR 1 FRIGGIN' SHOCK!!! Whaaa? Says I. "Sorry", says he, "I shoulda toll ya ta sit down first."

Seems there's some eelektronik load leveler. BS. I'm not gonna fix it outta general principle. It's a bit of a buck-board ride, but I gots my limits.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
$600 to replace one shock? What kind of vehicle are you driving,CFT?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We went over to my Wal-Mart to fill an rx and for me to check in with my opticians, and the road is really rough. The concrete is cracked and heaved about every 10 yards. Gonna be a lot of road work for the operating engineers and laborers this year.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
09 Tahoe, Bill. Last 12 months I've replaced the tranny, new rear diff., x-fer case, front right bearing and now this shock...all just out of warranty. 4wd is acting up too. I think I might have to put it down like an old Calvary horse; one bullet behind the ear. My next Tahoe will be a Ford. whistle

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It won't be work for the operators. grin The laborers maybe but everybody knows operators don't do much.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
09 Tahoe, Bill. Last 12 months I've replaced the tranny, new rear diff., x-fer case, front right bearing and now this shock...all just out of warranty. 4wd is acting up too. I think I might have to put it down like an old Calvary horse; one bullet behind the ear. My next Tahoe will be a Ford. whistle

I know lots of people that have just had nothing but trouble with the Tahoe.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well I'm one of those people! Don't worry, the front diff is coming next! mad I had all my services done at GM and they tried to pin the wrong fluid in the diff on me. I also had so many electric issues, I can't list or even remember them all. The motor gave me no issues though. The mpg while pulling the boat was horrible though, 9mpg, and it was rarely over 14 without pulling anything.

I'll not buy a newer GM because of that not political reasons.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll still buy the Silverado's just because I like them. I did have that oil consumption issue with my '07 but after I convinced them to put the new pistons and rings in while it was still under warranty, I have had no troubles. (knock on wood)

The Tahoe however, is one vehicle I would stay clear of.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The best suv GM ever made was the Trailblazer. I drive one that I bought new. 126,000 miles and still running good.
I'll never buy another GM product.FORD will be my marque from now on.
Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 03/02/14.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Ford has their own set of problems. Just like everyone else...

smile

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don't know if I should keep it or dump it before it bleeds me dry. Kinda hard to put all that money into it and just get rid of it. When do you draw the line?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
May trade the Edge off this year. My short list includes the Ford Explorer, Chevy Traverse and the Toyota Hylander. Any one have any experience with the Traverse. I should include the Honda Pilot, but just don't like the looks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what do you boys figure the chances are that the walleye opener will be an ice fishing event this year? Gonna need about a 10 ft. extension on the old auger!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by gophergunner
So what do you boys figure the chances are that the walleye opener will be an ice fishing event this year? Gonna need about a 10 ft. extension on the old auger!

The way his winter is going we won't see open water until around August. Wolf River Walleye run is usually on around the middle of March. Not going to happen this year.

BTW it was -28* here this morning.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner

It pert near was an ice fishing event last year. This year could be come a reality

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Don't know if I should keep it or dump it before it bleeds me dry. Kinda hard to put all that money into it and just get rid of it. When do you draw the line?

Yeah that's a tuff one. You could keep it and not have anymore trouble or it could bleed you dry. There is no way to tell.

Page 1,309 of 1,842 1 2 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

585 members (1Akshooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 65 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,300
Posts18,449,017
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.