N
have a good weekend

Something clever here.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Spent 6 hours on the Columbia River today. Four men, 5 salmon caught. Two had to be released because they were native fish. Only hatchery fish (Have a clipped fin) can be kept in the spring. Pretty tough releasing 12 - 15 pound salmon. Guess who had to release his fish?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do you have pics Bill?

House showing went well, we drove by about a 1/2 hour after they were supposed to be gone and they were still here. That is a good sign to me.

There must have been a little guy too. Jack's 4 wheeler was ridden, and someone hid the coasters for the glasses. We found two, but can't find the rest. I think it's funny, mama, not so much. grin

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I put the coasters in the toaster and I didn't do no wheelies on the wheeler.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
grin

I actually think it's funny. It's driving Betsy nuts, which makes it even funnier. grin

I mean they're coaster. I don't know if it was because we got them for our wedding or what, they couldn't have been more than a few bucks.

I'm laughing at her right now, she's telling the Realtor as I write this. grin

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We just heard from the realtor. The people that looked at our house, really liked it. They said they think this is the house for them, but have several others to see today. Our realtor is supposed to call them immediately if we get any offers today while they are out looking.

We have another showing tomorrow with someone else. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

I hope you guys have a good weekend. We're going to play outside today. Lots of stuff to out there. It is windy today, windier than I've seen it here in a long time.

We're supposed to pick up the in-laws at the airport later this afternoon, but if the wind stays like this I'll be surprised if they come in. If they do...it's going to be a heck of a ride.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here are some pics from the game lastnight.

[Linked Image]

We had really good seats.
[Linked Image]

Here is me, Jeremy and his dad. (Chickenbuck at Target Field)
[Linked Image]

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You did have good seats. How was it? I love watching baseball live, so much better that way. That shot from your seats is pretty cool.

and the big question is ... did you get a Twins jersey?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
did they win?
I don't pay much attention to baseball since the 90's when they were all whining they weren't being paid enough. soured it for me

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Twins have been kicking some tail this year. A sweep over the red sox is a pretty good way to open Target Field.

I know what you mean Ryan. These pro athletes that are making millions for playing a game and expect even more drives me nuts! Not all are like that though. Some actually do amazing things for communities and kids that we never even hear about.

Muffy - Judging by your pic, it doesn't look like there is a bad seat in the house?

Yesterday Special K and I attacked our yard. Sugarbuzz (our 12 year old son. Appropriatley named if you have ever seen him after a can of Mountain Dew)de-thatched the yard on thursday and friday after school. Yesterday I swept up all the loose grass and leaves with the yard sweeper while wife planted flowers and did some painting. Anybody need compost? I bet I have 2 tons of it! grin We also burned off a lot of dead grass and leaves between the tree rows. It's amazing how one solid day of hard work can transform your property from yucky winter mess to looking nice for summer.

Hey T - Any bites on the house? Did you do the morale thing and tell those people that like your house that you have 5 other offers already???

grin

Last edited by Rooster7; 04/18/10.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No I didn't get a jersey but Jeremy bought me a Twins windbreaker. We also had to get Dozer a Twins collar.

The seats were great! They interviewed the people who sat in the highest nosebleed seats and they said they were good. Spend a butt load on beer, not to hard when they are $7 each.

Ryan they did win, 10 to 3. There were a few foul balls that landed about 20 feet from us. I would love to go back. Tom you were right, it is much better in person. I didn't have to be sober driver, uncle Marv said I could drink because I had never been to one before. He gets to go quite often with his son who has the season tickets.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, glad to hear you have a bite on the house, although Betsy may have to jack up the price to cover the coasters.

I've got pictures of the fish, but can't download anything until I get back.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Muffy, I think you should seriously get that pic from your seats blown up. That is an awesome shot. If you don't want to send it to me and I'll do it. I really like it for some reason.

Glad you had fun.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Hey T - Any bites on the house? Did you do the morale thing and tell those people that like your house that you have 5 other offers already???

grin

We must have a house that others like. We've had two families through it and two offers. We told the first one's we're going to accept.

We're going to get the papers signed tomorrow. Betsy is headed to the Cities on Wed. for work. She's going to check out the house I really want, and one other.

Then we're going back this weekend to check out some comparisons.

It's getting exciting now.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow that's great news Tom! sounds like things are working out just fine!

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that's awesome news Tom, I bet it is exciting!
and you'll be back in MN, so that alone must have you pumped smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
that's awesome news Tom, I bet it is exciting!
and you'll be back in MN, so that alone must have you pumped smile

Well, it's Minneapolis, so not really MN. grin

The houses we like are pretty far north as far as the Cities are concerned. Blaine, Ham Lake, Andover. 20 minutes from the north end of the zoo City.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They headed in that direction.

Now the craziness starts. We're going to try to get a house this weekend, or by the 30th of April if we can, then we get the tax credit. That will help a lot.

We were a little surprised by this part, I wasn't really thinking the tax credit deal would even be an option.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is great news Tom. Now hope you hear about a job. That would be great.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like a fun time at the game. I didnt get a chance to look for ya as I forgot that Lauren had her skating show. I brought her and when I walked in the locker room with all the other kids and parents, there was Brock Lesnar. he is kinda a big dude. shocked. Didnt talk to him at all, he was just being a dad and I can imagine one would get sick of people coming up to you and asking for your autograph or picture. Sidenote: I cant think of one person whose autograph or picture I would want unless I could sell it for money. People were pretty respectful, I only seen 1 person do it all evening. I thought about throwing a $20 bill down and challenging him to an arm wrestling contest, but then thought better of it. I didnt want to embarass him.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 377 of 1,842 1 2 375 376 377 378 379 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (35, 2UP, 300jimmy, 338reddog, 2500HD, 17 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,132
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.