Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 380 of 1,842 1 2 378 379 380 381 382 1841 1842
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Wow! haven't been on here for a couple months. Had almost 90 pages to read. Sounds like everyone is having a good Spring. Me too! Headed to the lake on the 26th. Staying till May 2nd. Here, fishy-fishy-fishy!! Eat the wiggly little worm like a good boy!

ND, that Mustang means trouble. You'll need a .45ACP with a double-stack mag to keep the boys at bay after Weezie starts toolin' 'round in that set of wheels. Lots'a Luck, dude!

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,congrats on selling the house.I got mine down to 2-1/2 years left to pay on it so Linda and I decided to take some savings and just pay it off.We put the paperwork in today to get the money and by the end of April we will have a free and clear house.I haven't been in that position since 1988 when we got married and I was living up in the north Georgia mountains in a small house which I built on 4 acres and it was all paid fer.It also adjoined a 10,000 wildlife management area.Great place.
Dave,the Mustang is looking good.
I wnet turkey hunting last week in my Camp Chickenbuck hat.
Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ha! that's great a chickenbuck hat went hunting down south!! grin

well the lanterns will be lit and the stories will be told, the chickenbuck shanty will come alive tomorrow night!!!

Muffy & her feeeeyonsay are coming up for a visit, Muffy's hubby to be will be taking possession of one very cool orange victory vegas motorcycle. I know it will be a very good bike for him because I put the first 3500 miles on it myself. grin

It's gonna be a good weekend! Weezy goes to prom too... wow.

ok, change topic... grin

hey I made the craigslist score of the year today! Snagged me a 17' wenonah canoe for $250!! i still can't believe it!! Awesome!!

ok, dave's overwealmed, time for bed.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't wait to get to Chickenbuck tomorrow. Can't wait for my feeeeyonsay(of 7 years) to see it. We have only been dating for 12 years. He is so excited about the bike. He keeps looking at the pictures of it and showing everyone. It is the bike he was looking at before he bought his Honda. He bought his Honda thinking I would buy that then he could get his Victory. Well we didn't plan on my dad giving me the Sportster for my birthday last year. But he is tickled about the Victory.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dang ol Dave had to sell my bike. frown. Well, at least you know it's not going far.

How did the turkey hunt go Stan? Any pics of you, a turkey, and a chickenbuck?

I took the kids shooting tonight. We took the .22 out and they had a blast. My daughter is now the shooter in the family. This is the little girl that was afraid to go turkey hunting because she thought they'd bite us. In the last two weeks, she's ASKED to go turkey hunting and shoot the "noisy" gun. She was working the bolt like a pro too. I was a proud papa.

Chickenbuck sounds fun.

I'll be spending all the money I don't have this weekend. We're going to look at 10 houses. Maybe we'll find one we can't live without on the first try and I won't have to see the rest. smile Probably not.

Have a good weekend if I don't talk to you guys.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,no luck on the turkeys.I have seen them in that area a lot but not that day.A hint for you in house hunting is to video cam each house.That way when you are at home discussing the difference in houses you can look at the camera and help remember features.Lots of luck in house hunting.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Tom, I have been out shooting with my daughter the last 2 nights as well, She has her last day of gun training at the range 2morrow. I would say she even out shot me. The old Savage single shot with open sights i was quite amazed how well she did. usually very timid. ChickenBuck is Open!! Super, i wonder if i can find a sitter for the kiddies tonight. Maybe not though. Heading out sturgeon fishing right after gun training tomorrow. Can't wait to get a monster.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you know the way out there! can't say we'll have a bonfire for sure as I'm pretty sure there is a burning ban on right now (I will check into that today) regardless of ban or no ban if it looks too dry we just won't do it.

but we'll have a good time out there anyways. There is no beer ban that I know of.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good luck on the house hunt Tom.

The lawn gets it's first mowing of the season today.

Have a good weekend everybody.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think you may have a campfire in a designated fire pit, but it is dry. That be a bad deal they start banning the beer, how'd a guy put the fire out? The wife's been gone all week, so not sure i'll get out tonight or not, with the kids at home. Been getting the yard work done this week though. Be a nice night out there though for sure!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck with the house hunting Tom. It will be more fun now that your house has sold. Hope you can find the perfect one. Keep us posted on how it goes. Have a great weekend!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

but we'll have a good time out there anyways. There is no beer ban that I know of.

Good lord...that would shut the place right down if there was.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Official Announcement: Free Yardwork Seminar! This weekend only! Limited Space Available! Come one, come all! Arrive early, stay late! Register now as we are only accepting the first....oh, 100 people or so! grin

Actually, I am hearing talk of rain. frown

I hope all goes well at the official Chickenbuck Opening this weekend and you dont get a complete rain out (sounds like you could use a little though).

Tom, dont give up too early on the house hunt...you will live there for years, anudder couple of hours ain't gonna hurt ya!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh man, I really wish I could make it to the seminar. It sounds like so much fun. Sorry can't make it, I will be at Chickenbuck. grin

Yeah we do need rain bad. Things are really dry.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Limited it out on NICE crappies last night! YUM!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chickenbuck was fun lastnight. Although we had issues before we got there. Dave will post pics when he gets time I'm sure. We also had problems when we were leaving. But Dave took care of that. Wish Pam and Weezy could have been there. Weezy has prom tonight and she looks beautiful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I aint had crappies in forever, this winter was a bust for us on Maple lake where we usually do well. haven't made it out yet this spring, I'm afraid I've missed the spring run. Catfish should be stacked in below the spillway across the road, so I'm heading there tonight to give them a .

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You haven't missed out yet. We found them in 5 feet of water. They are still in spawn mode and they are hungry.

Remember this one fishin tip: When the leaves start popping out, the crappies are biting. True Story! smile

Muffy - Got my hats and their awesome! I will be wearing the camo beanie bow hunting this fall. I still expect you and Jermie to come out for a cold one. Dusty and Eileen, you come too. We will go for a wheeler ride.

OH! Did I mention to all you chicken buckers that one of my employee's at our SD plant has lined me up with 6,000 acres of private, PRIME muley land? It also borders 2,000 acres of public land. I'm stoked!!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We've gotten some much needed rain this weekend. Got the boat all ready to go for the general fishing opener next Saturday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
We've gotten some much needed rain this weekend. Got the boat all ready to go for the general fishing opener next Saturday.

We got some rain too finally. Not as much as we need but it helps. Man it was getting dry.

Page 380 of 1,842 1 2 378 379 380 381 382 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 450yukon, 13 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,384
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.