Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 821 of 1,842 1 2 819 820 821 822 823 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
nice setup Bill. i like the Stormy Kromer on Rick I believe it was. Got one just like it and love it. Mine is faded pretty bad now though.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thats one sweet scooter! The camp is cool! gotta love that time of year! Daves ride will be much bigger than that though. 4 tracks and all i am hearing!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good looking camp. That pug is an interesting vehicle. I think one would fit right in at Camp Chickenbuck.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
That is a cool camp Bill! The pug would be a hoot to have!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
Oh I'm reading it Tzone...I'm reading it.

This too shall pass. Sometimes I look at living with ND like dodging bullets...this bullet I will dodge too just like some of the "other bullets" he has wanted. grin

Your safe Pam. The Pug is not for sale for any amount.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The old Pug has been an awesome vehicle for us. We bought it used in 1977. We have no idea when it was made. It had a bad engine so we put in a rebuilt 17 HP Kohlar. It's slow, but is all power. The ride, however is terrible. No springs.

In case you didn't pick up on it the unit is articulated (Bends in the middle) and can turn around in it's own length.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rest assured that I would never try to talk ND into any such toys. Not on the interweb anyway. It's a good thing that we are busy enough during the day that there is no time to scheme up any hairbrained ideas between the two of us...

Grizzly Bill.
How well does that Pug work for pulling? I'm thinking like dry tamarack logs out of the swamp in the Winter months on a packed trail? It looks like a fun rig.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just got a call from my DIL. Her test results are in and everything came out normal. smile She has to be retested in 6 months, but for now everything is great.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great news GB!

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Rest assured that I would never try to talk ND into any such toys. Not on the interweb anyway. It's a good thing that we are busy enough during the day that there is no time to scheme up any hairbrained ideas between the two of us...

Grizzly Bill.
How well does that Pug work for pulling? I'm thinking like dry tamarack logs out of the swamp in the Winter months on a packed trail? It looks like a fun rig.

WB, it works well for pulling. We've pulled some very large logs with it over the years. You'd want to put some weight in the box though if your pulling in snow. We went through 14" of snow with it loaded the first year we had it. We knew right away that we'd found the perfect unit.

I may know where there's other one. We've tried to buy it several times over the years for parts, but no luck. The guy that owns it didn't want to part with it as long as his parents were still living (No longer an issue). If he still has it, we'll try and snap it up.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We also have a tractor for our deer camp. It works great for hanging deer and taking off the hide, etc. Unlike the Pug, it is not white. It is green..... whistle I think my uncle uses it for other stuff too, when not deer season.... whistle

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
nice setup Bill. i like the Stormy Kromer on Rick I believe it was. Got one just like it and love it. Mine is faded pretty bad now though.

It's a Stormy, BM. I've got one just like it, plus a black one. Surprised no one noticed I had on my Chickenbuck hat.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We can use the Pug to hang the deer. What we really need is a wood splitter. That big old Ash Rick was working on nearly killed us. It did not want to split. I had over half of it split when Rick took over. Worked my AZZ off. I think it was too wet.

I split one nearly as large back in late April that took 2 swings at the most to get it to pop. This one took as many a 7 hits before it would split.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Just got a call from my DIL. Her test results are in and everything came out normal. smile She has to be retested in 6 months, but for now everything is great.

That is FANTASTIC news Bill. Just great!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We also have a tractor for our deer camp. It works great for hanging deer and taking off the hide, etc.

Jeezsh. That's a little extreme. I just use a knife for taking off the hide.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Very glad to hear your daughter's tests went well Bill.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

It's a Stormy, BM. I've got one just like it, plus a black one. Surprised no one noticed I had on my Chickenbuck hat.

I had a Stormy BM at Chickenbuck last ML season. Pert near didn't make it to the outhouse! shocked

grin

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/01/11.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Very glad to hear your daughter's tests went well Bill.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Best thing I've read in quite some time. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I like my Stormy's. I have 4 of them. Blaze orange, black, red/black with Gore Tex, and OD green.

Page 821 of 1,842 1 2 819 820 821 822 823 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

611 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,010 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,249
Posts18,448,070
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.