Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 908 of 1,842 1 2 906 907 908 909 910 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't have an Edge but my rental car in FL last year was an Edge and I liked it.

For a family vehicle, it worked and had room to spare. If I ever got rid of the truck or needed a spare vehicle, I'd look towards the Edge.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
tz, I believe that modern vehicles are programmed for the different wheel and tire sizes now. So, if you went from 17" to 18" or or larger wheels and correspondingly larger tires, the shop punches in new codes for the speedo.

I've got an Edge, Escape and F. The F is the favorite of course, the Escape an easy second, the Edge last. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BrentD
I hate the thing for some reason, but it is reliable, overpowered (is that possible), and runs great, but feels like I'm driving a bathtub or something like that. I'd never buy another. Oh, the brakes on these do truly suck.

You hit the nail on the head about the brakes Brent. Backing up is an issue too due to the poor side visability. I like the car, but don't think I'd buy another one. If I were in the market for a replacement I'd take a hard look at the Toyota Highlander, 4Runner or Jeep Grand Cherokee. That's assuming I could talk the wife into a pickup.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Take a look at the Escape. It's been a damn reliable vehicle for use (170k miles) and it has more usable (emphasis on usable) room than the Edge. I'd never touch a Jeep and the Toyo dealers suck 'round here so I'd only consider used Toys.

We've replaced Edge brake rotors all around at least once. This week I was told that the front rotors are warped again (I knew that) and that the pads are only 4mm at the bottom but almost 10mm at the top. Something sucks about the brakes on this thing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
tz, I believe that modern vehicles are programmed for the different wheel and tire sizes now. So, if you went from 17" to 18" or or larger wheels and correspondingly larger tires, the shop punches in new codes for the speedo.

I've got an Edge, Escape and F. The F is the favorite of course, the Escape an easy second, the Edge last. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

My mom has an Escape. She bought it the first year they came out, I believe it was '01 or '02. She LOVES it. The only trouble she's had with it was a few weeks ago when she was at our place for a visit, the fuel pump went out. That was the first repair she said she's ever had to do to it. The rig has 145K on it and still runs strong. When it's time to replace it, she said it will be with another.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I do like the 4 runners. The newer style is based off the Tacoma frame and a pretty dang good rig for hunting/fishing. I think some of them can be had with a v-8 if you need it.

Toyota is proud of them and their price tag reflects it. I'd get a Certified Used Toyota before I bought new. That is what I did with the Tundra and had 0 issues with it. The Certified vehicles have a better warranty than the new one's do on the power train. You only get the remaining factory warranty on the rest of the vehicle.

After 18K on the new F-150, the Tundra is still my favorite truck I've had, strictly from a reliabilty stand point. Tundra was very 'no frills', but everthing worked every time.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Take a look at the Escape. It's been a damn reliable vehicle for use (170k miles) and it has more usable (emphasis on usable) room than the Edge. I'd never touch a Jeep and the Toyo dealers suck 'round here so I'd only consider used Toys.

We've replaced Edge brake rotors all around at least once. This week I was told that the front rotors are warped again (I knew that) and that the pads are only 4mm at the bottom but almost 10mm at the top. Something sucks about the brakes on this thing.

Wonder if you have a caliper problem too with a wear pattern like that. Bottom of the pads are making more contact than the top. I've got 48K on mine and haven't had to replace the brakes yet.

My son may be getting a all wheel drive Escape for a company car. Problem is the new 2013 Escape is very different than the current model. Only engines available are 4 bangers. Two of them are turbo charged and the other is the same 4 Cyl that is currenly in use. Hopefully he can get a left over 2012 with the 6 cyl. He has a lot of mountain driving to contend with and the 6 cyl was a peppy engine.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That little Eco-boost 4 banger should run good.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
TZ, your mom is a smart gal. Listen to her smile smile smile

Griz, I got caliper problems on top of just plain bad brakes. Never been good. In fact, the brake system delayed the introduction of the model for about a year in the beginning.

I have a 6-cyl Escape but the next one will be a 4. But in the mountains the 6 might be worth it. I live in the flats. When I'm in the Mountains, I'm generally in my F.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My DIL has the 4 cyl and a 5 speed manual trans in her Mazda Tribute (Same as the Escape). It's a dog in the mountains.

The 2013 Escapes look more like a Honda CRX. The std engine is a 1.6 Eco Boost (Turbo). Optional engines are a 2.0 Eco Boost (Turbo) and the original 2.5 DuraTech (Non-turbo). Personally I'd stay away from the tubo engines until they have a few years in production to get the bugs out of them.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm looking for a new vehicle along those lines. I really liked my Rodeo, but I know they are known to have engine failures and a few other problems like that. I'm going to look hard at the escapes after reading the good things on here about them.

also, my computer hard drive crashed last night, so I'll be looking for a new one of those today as well, oh joy.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What kind of gas mileage do the Escapes get?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My 6-cyl gets 18-20 being driven 75-80 mph. I drive it hard when I'm on road trips and that's the only time I really look at mileage.

Today, it puttered out to the turkey killing fields and hauled back a nice one for me. TZ, you better get out there again. There were a goodly number of birds working this morning. I had some help from a yearling doe that pushed the tom into my gun. Had to hold off for a bit to avoid hitting the deer too. Crazy.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
. TZ, you better get out there again. There were a goodly number of birds working this morning. .

Congrats on the bird. I can't get back out. I only had one tag.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I took the boat out for a run and it worked great. It started to rain so we came back before trying EVERYTHING, but the motors were good.

Got 40.9 on the GPS which is as good as I can expect from a 115hp. With a 150 that it's rated for, she'd really scoot I think.

We got off the water right when the rain started and got the boat on the trailer right when the lightening started.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My DIL's 4 cyl gets 26 on the highway.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Raining here too. More of the same Sunday - Monday.

General fishing season opened in WI today. Cold/wet/windy here in central WI this morning. Not a fun start to the season.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In October of 2011 I bought Mz. Linda a 2012 Escape with the 2.5L four cylinder engine.The auto transmission is a six speed.We get 28 MPG on the road.It has about 14,000 miles on it now and runs great.Very happy with it.
I was a GM person for many years with one or two Fords thrown in but preferred GM. No more!They capitulated to the stimulus crap and Ford did not.I am a Ford person fully now.
I do however still drive the 2002 Trailblazer which we bought new and which was Linda's ride until she got the Escape.I traded my 2006 Colorado pick up in on the Escape.Therefore I inherited the Trailblazer which now has 117,000 miles on it and runs great.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those little ecoboost motors are bulletproof, they're direct injection like a diesel motor and extremely strong, Im not to sure how fords electronics and thier transmissions are around them, but those engines in 20 yrs will be regarded as some of the best. Im not a 4cyl-6cyl guy (except for my cummins truck) but im looking VERY hard at that 2.0 ecoboost for my commuter/work car so i can really turn the wick up on the dodge (like 683hp/1431tq arent enough)

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northern_dave
18.5', 150 EFI yami 4 stroke. And a T-8 kicker

my uncle just got a boat identical to that his a 21' and i think its got a 200 merc on it, pretty sharp boat i thought, but im not much o the fishing boat. I heard those Lunds are the cats meow though! looks awesome dave!

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Page 908 of 1,842 1 2 906 907 908 909 910 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.