Campfire Kahuna
2/3 Cup Morton Tender Quick
1/2 Cup Pickling Salt
2/3 Cup Morton Hickory Sugar Cure
3 TSP Cayenne Pepper
3 TSP Black Pepper
6 TSP Garlic Powder
3 TBSP Canada Favorite Seasoning
Mix the above ingredients in a bowl and then put in shaker bottles.

I usually �cure� my jerky in a plastic container overnite. I cover the bottom of the container with the jerky cure, put a layer of meat in, sprinkle the top of that layer, place another layer, sprinkle the top of that layer and so on until I have all my meat in there. The next evening I will put it in my dehydrator on 145 degrees and check it periodically.

You can use your oven on the lowest setting and prop the door open with a wooden spoon to allow the air to circulate and not get too warm.
You can use this on ground meat (without any fat added) to make jerky also. For that I use 1 � TBSP of cure and 1/2 cup of ice water per pound of meat. It takes about 5 minutes to get it mixed thoroughly. Wrap it up in plastic wrap or store in a plastic container overnite. You will want a jerkyshooter to do it this way.

You can also add a little liquid smoke to either recipe when curing. The beauty of this is you can change the flavorings to suit your taste as long as long as you keep the basic cure.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
2/3 Cup Morton Tender Quick
1/2 Cup Pickling Salt
2/3 Cup Morton Hickory Sugar Cure
3 TSP Cayenne Pepper
3 TSP Black Pepper
6 TSP Garlic Powder
3 TBSP Canada Favorite Seasoning
Mix the above ingredients in a bowl and then put in shaker bottles.

I usually �cure� my jerky in a plastic container overnite. I cover the bottom of the container with the jerky cure, put a layer of meat in, sprinkle the top of that layer, place another layer, sprinkle the top of that layer and so on until I have all my meat in there. The next evening I will put it in my dehydrator on 145 degrees and check it periodically.

You can use your oven on the lowest setting and prop the door open with a wooden spoon to allow the air to circulate and not get too warm.
You can use this on ground meat (without any fat added) to make jerky also. For that I use 1 � TBSP of cure and 1/2 cup of ice water per pound of meat. It takes about 5 minutes to get it mixed thoroughly. Add some viable ecoli and salmonella cultures, wrap it up in plastic wrap or store in a plastic container overnite. You will want a jerkyshooter to do it this way.

You can also add a little liquid smoke to either recipe when curing. The beauty of this is you can change the flavorings to suit your taste as long as long as you keep the basic cure.

There we go, fixed it for ya...LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Oh boy! were we go again!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Oh boy! were we go again!

[Linked Image]

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
IC B2

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Been out doing some hunting and having some real fun.....if you don't like it or agree with it....don't do it.

sse is just ribbin me is all....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yeah we know...............

We ALSO know that he uses margarine............... laugh

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Been out doing some hunting and having some real fun.....if you don't like it or agree with it....don't do it.

sse is just ribbin me is all....

Ya , guess I catch on slow blush
Sounds great to me , with any luck I'll be able to try it out this fall cool
That store bought stuff is expensive and often to over flavored.

Last edited by M1894; 10/15/10.

Phil

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Be careful, or I'll start another "stuff sam don't like thread."

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ya , guess I catch on slow

Evidently.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

642 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 65 invisible), 2,049 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,917
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.