Originally Posted by Swampman700
Since every Remington 700 will shoot less than 1" right out of the box, why would I call anyone. The word Remington on the barrel is the only gurantee I need to see.

The Remington 700 is the best selling and most accurtae production rifle in the world.

"Best" is very subjective so your statement is nonsense. Personally, while I like my Remingtons, I prefer my Rugers.

Your claim that "every Remington 700 will shoot less than 1" right out of the box" is pure horse manure. My Rem 700, manufactured in 2005 and purchased new by me a couple years later is a 1-1/2" shooter and the new M700 I zeroed for a friend wouldn't do any better - various types of factory ammo (including Remington) for both and handloads for mine, no change. I'd be very happy if my new M700 shot as well as my Rugers, the various Savage rifles I've shot or even my Remington M700 BDL manufactured in 1975. At this point, though, I've come to terms with it and realize that, at a minimum, some bedding work is going to be required to make that M700 shoot well.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/13/10.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.