Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Here's one suckage Scout scope in use.

[Linked Image]

Waiting for the 3 paragraph dissertation from Kalifornia on why [bleep] tastes like [bleep].

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Agreed. You would be better off learning to use a good set of peep sights.

Here's why they suck: long eye relief comes with limited eye box, unless your head is properly positioned you won't get a good look through a scout scope. It is slower, for me, to use a scout scope than it is to use a conventionally mounted scope of the same magnification.

The only useful application I have seen for the Leupold 2x EER scout scope is on large bore Ruger #1's where they allow for forward mounting using the factor Ruger rings. In that application, the additional eye relief is useful, but the eyebox is noticeably smaller than the view through a conventional Leupold 2.5x.

As for the Burris scope specifically, I have seen them and looked through one mounted on a Savage scout rifle. It was inferior, to my eye, to the Leupold, which was, in turn, inferior to the standard Leupold M8 2.5x.

If you must have a forward mounted optic, check out a good red dot such as the Aimpoint Micro or Trijicon RMR. They're light, small and fast to work with.
...........Ore 45.........At least you explained the why.

Scouts take a little practice to get use to them. But once I did, mine serves me well when I do use it.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're "experience" precludes you from recognizing junk.

Interesting tidbit there.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Here's one suckage Scout scope in use.

[Linked Image]

Waiting for the 3 paragraph dissertation from Kalifornia on why [bleep] tastes like [bleep].
..................You say they "ALL SUCK" and yet you have one on that carbine? Looks like you really hate them then uh?

Better look to yourself to understand why schitt tastes like schitt.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You are still such a [bleep] idiot. You get on folks cuzz you say they have no experience and then when they've proved usage as a form to back up their suckage opinion you can't connect the dots.

Yep, they SUCK, and I know because I've used the [bleep] things.

How do you know I taste like [bleep] princess? About par for you.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Oh, and please feel free to regale us with guided hunt tales.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You're "experience" precludes you from recognizing junk.

Interesting tidbit there.................
.......But at least I have experience with them, vs one like you whom spouts off with no scout scope experience.

Since you didn`t/can`t answer my question as to your own scout scope experience, it stands to reason that you don`t have any.

Far more credible when calling something junk, IF one has some experience to back up their opinion.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

Far more credible when calling something junk, IF one has some experience to back up their opinion.

Apparently not dipshitt

"...............You say they "ALL SUCK" and yet you have one on that carbine? Looks like you really hate them then uh?"

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Burris was the answer to a question I asked.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You are still such a [bleep] idiot. You get on folks cuzz you say they have no experience and then when they've proved usage as a form to back up their suckage opinion you can't connect the dots.

Yep, they SUCK, and I know because I've used the [bleep] things.

How do you know I taste like [bleep] princess? About par for you.
............Then you should have said so and posted your pic earlier then. If you hate the damned thing so much, then why is it still mounted on that carbine?

And on a side note. I`ll be very happy to send U a plane ticket to Calif, so that you can see for yourself first hand, exactly what this "[bleep] idiot" or "princess" as you say can do on a face to face basis. Soap in your mouth alone won`t be enough.

That is something you will never do nor accept.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Redfield FrontIER scope/mount. i keep it around to remind us Cooper diddn't invent the concept. i doubt that i'll ever own another.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Granted the Scout concept has some very big limitations - and even that I could do with iron sights in my youth what I need a scout scope for today - I have two scout scopes mounted one on a true Steyr Scout and one on a Dragoon (finer cross hairs on the .308 and heavier on the .376 - lever detach on the .308 solid as I could make it on the .376 etc.). For red dots I also use an Aimpoint red dot on a 6920 mounted forward and an RMR on a S&W M&P compact pistol.

For my own use the scout scope on the scout rifle allows me old and tired as I am to do what I want to do in the woods. Disadvantages for aiming close to glare, issues for extreme accuracy with very fine aiming points, (but the scope sight is not a binocular and using the scope as a binocular substitute is always criminal and in some jurisdictions a crime) for all the handiness lacking light gathering ability and an illuminated aiming point still for a wandering around carbine I've put my money where my mouth is - but of course those are not my only rifles. In fact I've got a Leupold conventional 2.5 (shotgun) on a double - not for Africa but maybe for kicking the brush on a north face on a hot day and that works too.

Still IMHO the Burris is entirely satisfactory as a Scout Scope - that is as a scout scope there is no meaningful advantage in the field and the Burris offers a focusing eye piece lacking on most maybe all iterations of the Leupold scout scope. Maybe that means the Leupold is better sealed but the Scout is nothing to take to war and given the end of the world as we know it somebody else will quickly inherit my own scout so issues of ruggedness and guarantee don't arise for me.

Last edited by ClarkEMyers; 10/23/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A 1MOA Eotech,solves alotta woes...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have used a Burris Scout for a number of years on the smooth-bore slug barrel of my Ithaca 37. It was very difficult to find a way to scope the 37 and the Scout scope in Zee rings turned out to be the answer. It has its limitations and I would not choose it if other options were available, but for this application it has served very well.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cooper himself,set Burris EER glass on stumps and slung 45's at same.

COLOSSAL hunksa schitt...............

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A 1MOA Eotech,solves alotta woes...............
..........The Eotechs are great red dot sights and are certainly better in every respect than the Burris 2.75x scout for closer ranged hunting. I`ll agree with that. I sure hope so at about $420-$450 on up.

But at only 1x, they are range limited, whereas a 2.75x will do just fine out to 250-300 yards and for some maybe a little more yardage if needed. The Burris optics are fine for my use.

Maybe "Steelhead" can dump that awful scout scope that`s on his carbine which he hates so much (yet seems to keep it on there?), and get an Eotech or a Trijicon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dummy,

Your "use" is hardly taxing. You could raid the Bus Station,pinch used schitt paper rolls and string threaded "crosshairs",less missing a lick...............

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dummy,

Your "use" is hardly taxing. You could raid the Bus Station,pinch used schitt paper rolls and string threaded "crosshairs",less missing a lick...............
........You are one big huge azzhole,,,,Sshtick!

Tell ya what there jerk head!..How abouts you volunteering to put an 8" bright orange circle on that useless POS chest of yours, then go down range say 300 yards. Then I`ll be happy to show you exactly what I can do.

Damn! There are laws against shooting people. Even the most idiotic and pathetic ones who are amongst us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feel free to flaunt your "experience"...mebbe by a few "trying" pictures or such. Be forewarned,that pics with your pants at your ankles,are not "Art",no matter the reason(s) you were told.

Like you could hit an 8" circle,you poor daydreaming dummy!.....................

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Feel free to flaunt your "experience"...mebbe by a few "trying" pictures or such. Be forewarned,that pics with your pants at your ankles,are not "Art",no matter the reason(s) you were told.

Like you could hit an 8" circle,you poor daydreaming dummy!.....................

..........................Your diatribe on this thread reminds me of some secluded ignorant hillbilly hack, wearing a straw hat, jeans, suspenders and who is barefoot who lives out in the middle of no-where, that never reached a 3rd grade level of education.

Maybe is spelled,,,"maybe",,,NOT mebbe you pathetic idiot.

Anytime you wish to wear that 8" circle, you let me know. The VLDs will make excellent long range work of that POS chest of yours.

Ooops, With the exception of self defense, I keep forgeting that it is against the law to shoot people.... smirk

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
146 members (10Glocks, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.